Windows 10: I have corrupt files and command prompt said it couldn't do anything about it

Discus and support I have corrupt files and command prompt said it couldn't do anything about it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I've been having problems with a lot of stuff from this computer lately. I bought it off of someone and they didn't have any problems, a battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nelancholy, Jul 12, 2019.

1. I have corrupt files and command prompt said it couldn't do anything about it

So I've been having problems with a lot of stuff from this computer lately. I bought it off of someone and they didn't have any problems, a battery life of about 12 hours, could handle heavy games like Witcher 3 and COD WW2, and nothing out of the ordinary. I get it, and I reset it, completely. Big, mistake. Immediately the battery turned to ****, like 1 -2 hours before going dead. Can't handle games like Fortnite without putting it on to low settings. And the storage is all weird! All of my main files that I download for games and other work related stuff always goes into my C: Drive, and I sometimes can't change that. I want the files to go into the D: Drive, with 1TB of storage. Not my goddamn 100 GB C: Drive. So, I searched it up and stuff, and people said to do this command into Command Prompt - "sfc/scannow" (without quotations of course) and it said "We found some corrupt files but are unable to fix them". So I found the CBS file and here it is...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f3r563l4I4NzLOSVcXIoYZD0PJKBhDV8/view?usp=sharing

(Google Doc)

Apologies for my Crude language, just incredibly frustrated...

Laptop is: Lenovo Y700 80NV

Thank you in Advance!

:)

Nelancholy, Jul 12, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Jul 12, 2019
  4. I have corrupt files and command prompt said it couldn't do anything about it

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

I have corrupt files and command prompt said it couldn't do anything about it

1. I have corrupt files and command prompt said it couldn't do anything about it - Similar Threads - corrupt files command

2. About command prompt not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About command prompt not opening: So while opening command prompt directly it doesn't open, and while using windows+r and type cmd it shows that windows cannot find cmd check the name correctly...
  3. About command prompt not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About command prompt not opening: So while opening command prompt directly it doesn't open, and while using windows+r and type cmd it shows that windows cannot find cmd check the name correctly...
  4. About command prompt not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I am trying to fix corrupted system files, but I am having trouble using command prompt to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to fix corrupted system files, but I am having trouble using command prompt to...: Recently I have had a lot of crashes with my PC and I have finally narrowed it down to corrupted system files. I used "sfc /scannow" and it could not repair the files as the source files were also corrupted. I have tried taking ownership with Command Prompt but it has...
  6. I am trying to fix corrupted system files, but I am having trouble using command prompt to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am trying to fix corrupted system files, but I am having trouble using command prompt to...: Recently I have had a lot of crashes with my PC and I have finally narrowed it down to corrupted system files. I used "sfc /scannow" and it could not repair the files as the source files were also corrupted. I have tried taking ownership with Command Prompt but it has...
  7. corrupt files command prompt cannot fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    corrupt files command prompt cannot fix: I am having win32kfull.sys bluescreen, and then I had a sfc /scannow with command prompt, and then it said windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them, how can I fix it? thanks...
  8. how do i make an exe file out of a command prompt command

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i make an exe file out of a command prompt command: hi, i am curious of how to make an exe file run a command into command prompt. Can someone help me? submitted by /u/Ethanol2814 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lql0i3/how_do_i_make_an_exe_file_out_of_a_command_prompt/
  9. Files encrypting but I can't do anything about it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files encrypting but I can't do anything about it?: please help I cant open or use minecraft because everything inside is encrypted[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-encrypting-but-i-cant-do-anything-about-it/27bc175f-4ecc-48a2-9fa8-adeb8d768fab
  10. How do I fix the corruptions that Command Prompt said I had but could not fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I fix the corruptions that Command Prompt said I had but could not fix?: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hello, I did a scan as show in Command Prompt and it directed me to go to the link for the corrupt files that could not be fixed. All the CBS.txt does is list the corrupts, it does not tell me how to fix the corruptions. How do I fix the corruptions Command...