Windows 10: I have crazy ton of svchost running in my computer

Discus and support I have crazy ton of svchost running in my computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I think i'm infected with nasty stuff.. Please help.. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kimsoo522, Aug 4, 2019.

1. kimsoo522 Win User

I have crazy ton of svchost running in my computer

I think i'm infected with nasty stuff..

Please help..

I have crazy ton of svchost running in my computer 04d96c37-7022-447e-b15c-2897a4c1e4fe?upload=true.png

:)

kimsoo522, Aug 4, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Hi kimsoo522

Windows 10 is a mutli-threaded operating system and it divides tasks up into smaller processes that can be run on the different cores of your processor

Rest Assured, it is quite normal in a Windows 10 system to have 70+ versions of svchost running and this is not an indication of any malware on your PC, you have nothing to worry about . ..

DaveM121, Sep 29, 2019
  3. I have crazy ton of svchost running in my computer

Hi Kimsoo,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Everything is normal. MS last year with the feature updates broke one single Svchost into multiple small processes in order to increase system performance.

Svchost.exe is service host for Windows processes which carries out background tasks in the computer.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Sep 29, 2019
  4. I have crazy ton of svchost running in my computer

What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. I have crazy ton of svchost running in my computer - Similar Threads - crazy ton svchost

2. Having 40+ svchost is normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having 40+ svchost is normal?: they covered 3 entirely screen tired searching for ways fix it but scared of what it might cause. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-40-svchost-is-normal/4b829051-0fcf-4e0b-a45d-b214b08403fe
  3. Having 40+ svchost is normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having 40+ svchost is normal?: they covered 3 entirely screen tired searching for ways fix it but scared of what it might cause. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-40-svchost-is-normal/4b829051-0fcf-4e0b-a45d-b214b08403fe
  4. Unable to run outlook, this is CRAZY!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to run outlook, this is CRAZY!!!: so... this issue is going on for over six months! the main problem and where it all started is that about 5 minutes after opening outlook, i get this error: another prosses is using the ost file and outlook is unable to access it. when restarting outlook I get the pst...
  5. Computer act crazy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer act crazy: I didn't know what happened but itself my computer change for a regular Windows 10 to a Microsoft Edge!!! And I can't find important files. I hate this new version and i never agree to download and change. How can I come back to my windows?...
  6. Computer Goes Crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Goes Crazy: So this thing has been happening to my computer since 3 weeks ago, and it’s been driving me nuts... someone help me please!! https://youtu.be/vxpvq9A2JZM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-goes-crazy/aff6af25-0d25-402c-8f1e-d91b6ce01705
  7. my computer is going crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer is going crazy: whenever I try to type on my pc no matter whether its on facebook or elsewhere the text keeps repeating and deleting itself and the delete button does nothing..its like someone else has taken over my computer..it does this in fits and starts and my computer can be fine for a...
  8. I have a crazy desire to customise..............

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a crazy desire to customise..............: Is there a way to customise my cursor to look like a black fly or a mosquito ? I really really want to be able to do that. 106157
  9. Computer gone 'crazy'

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer gone 'crazy': Hello,Recently I decided to update the system, enabled the update option (for some time it was disabled). The search took a while, and then it started to download - without any option to select which. Then installation started, very slow and long. Restartings started, got a...
  10. svchost Running under User Name

in Windows 10 Support
    svchost Running under User Name: Hi, Almost everywhere it says if svchost is running under the PC's name or the user logon name then there's a problem, possibly malware. But now I just read this: Beginning with Windows 10, an instance will start under the user context at logon (with command line...