Windows 10: I have created a admin account in my Pc and I assigned it by mistake to the User Group...

Discus and support I have created a admin account in my Pc and I assigned it by mistake to the User Group... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have created another account to be admin privilege and for the current user I transfer it to be a normal user. So by mistake I assigned both to be a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mohammedalghamdi2, Jan 27, 2021.

1. I have created a admin account in my Pc and I assigned it by mistake to the User Group...

I have created another account to be admin privilege and for the current user I transfer it to be a normal user. So by mistake I assigned both to be a normal user so that I lost the administrator for that PC. Moreover, the local administrator is disable by default. could you help me how I can i access my Pc without format the PC.

thanks a lot

:)

Mohammedalghamdi2, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

My admin account switched to a user account!

The first of the many diagrams in this thread show that the link Sign in with a local account instead is displayed for the account that is currently logged on and so the reversion procedure might work for this account. For normal circumstances, that would initiate the conversion back to a local account for the user account currently logged in - see my 23rd & 26th September 2016 posts in revert to local account from one converted to MSAccount. I have no way of knowing how Windows will react to an attempt to use this procedure for the Built-In Admin account and I do not know if that link Sign in with a local account instead will be displayed or not.

I think I side-stepped this issue by suggesting that that
    • An extra password-protected Admin level account is created, and
    • The Built-In Admin is disabled, and
    • The recovery attempt focuses on whichever existing user account remains active afterwards.

Personally, I would reinstall Windows 10 without even attempting this recovery. Installation takes very little effort once everything is backed up and the only necessary user interactions are right at the start & right at the end so it can be initiated before making a pot of tea. It took about 30, 60 & 90 minutes for each of my computers [the 30 minuter is 6 months old, the 60 minuter is 7 years old, 90 minuter is 12 years old].

Raner - I am trying to avoid sounding like I am nagging you into doing a clean install.
    • Once you have recovered the existing user account you can attempt to re-enable & remove the MSAccount link from your Built-In Admin if that link appears in Settings, Accounts.
    • Bree says it cannot be done and I think the same but I have never tried - I have never been able to get to Settings using the Built-In Admin because it cannot run any Windows 10 Apps so I do not know how it can be done [but the diagrams in Bree's link shows that those users got there].
    • Even though I have the safety of having created two spare password-protected Admin accounts I would not want to know that my Built-In Admin was sitting in the background but unable to help me if my other accounts were corrupted.

Denis

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, if you are using a Local account on the computer and if it’s the only account, it will be an admin account. To check if the account is an admin account, please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type netplwiz and click on
      OK
    3. You will find all the user accounts on the computer and if you see Administrator beside your account, the account is an admin account.

If you want to change the name of the user account that you are using, you need to create a new user account on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    . Once you create a new user account, follow the steps from the section
    Copy files to the new user profile in the article
    Fix a corrupted user profile
    to move the data from the old account to the new account.

Note: The above mentioned article is for Windows 7. However, holds good for Windows 10.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 27, 2021
  4. I have created a admin account in my Pc and I assigned it by mistake to the User Group...

Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

After clicking "OK" I was hit with "To continue, enter an admin username and password".

Lil_Cheeto, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

I have created a admin account in my Pc and I assigned it by mistake to the User Group...

1. I have created a admin account in my Pc and I assigned it by mistake to the User Group... - Similar Threads - created admin account

2. I have a windows 10 operating system with no Admin or Users Group. I cannot control my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a windows 10 operating system with no Admin or Users Group. I cannot control my...: I have a windows 10 operating system with no Admin or Users Group. I cannot control my defender . What do I do to geet the admin account on my Windows 10 laptop...
  3. Cancelled my user account by mistake.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cancelled my user account by mistake.: Hello, My computer is running Windows 10 version 1903 (OS Build 18363.356) In my haste in trying to get rid of the annoying sign-in requirement, I ended up cancelling my wdagutility account. As a result, the computer signs in without the need of a password to the local...
  4. Deleted Admin Account and I have no other User Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleted Admin Account and I have no other User Account: I have a Windows 10 laptop. I had not used my laptop for a month and they screen read password had expired. Since I had forgotten the password so I was not able to set a new password. I did the whole password reset process- System image recovery - utilman account...
  5. My user account set to admin but I have 'insufficient priviledges'...

My user account set to admin but I have 'insufficient priviledges'...: After a clean install I see at login an Administrator account and my named account. I always log in to my named account. In settings/accounts I am shown as an administarator next to the administrator account. Whilst reinstalling a programme I am getting errors in some...
  6. How do I delete an admin user that I have mistakenly created

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I delete an admin user that I have mistakenly created: I had an admin user setup on my other laptop. I converted it to a standard user but before that I mistakenly put in an email address that was quite similar to mine and made that account as admin. I am in a fix now, where the admin rights to my computer belong to someone I...
  7. My user account set to admin but I have 'insufficient priviledges'...

in Windows 10 Support
    My user account set to admin but I have 'insufficient priviledges'...: After a clean install I see at login an Administrator account and my named account. I always log in to my named account. In settings/accounts I am shown as an administarator next to the administrator account. Whilst reinstalling a programme I am getting errors in some...
  8. Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??: Alright so im trying to change the name of my pc and switch my local account to an admin account. But I have windows 10 and I don't see the "Family & Other People" option in the settings. Keep in mind im on this pc on a local account....
  9. I cannot find my admin account and only have a user account

I cannot find my admin account and only have a user account: Help!!! I cannot download or uninstall items due to admin account restrictions. I cannot find my admin account, how do I make my current user account into an admin account with an original admin account? Is there any way I can bypass this admin account thing? [img] 146739
  10. Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??: Alright so im trying to change the name of my pc and switch my local account to an admin account. But I have windows 1083 and I don't see the "Family & Other People" option in the settings. Keep in mind im on this pc on a local account....