Windows 10: I have created a detailed 3D model of the Orion Spacecraft and imported it into Paint 3D...

Discus and support I have created a detailed 3D model of the Orion Spacecraft and imported it into Paint 3D... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Exported from Solidworks as a 3MF ... and imported it into Paint 3D the models colors are great except for 2 things. 1. The windows are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark Piatowski, Jan 22, 2021.

1. I have created a detailed 3D model of the Orion Spacecraft and imported it into Paint 3D...

Exported from Solidworks as a 3MF ... and imported it into Paint 3D the models colors are great except for 2 things.

1. The windows are not transparent

2. I would like the outer surface to be metallic silver I JUST FOUND IT ... BUT CAN'T APPLY TO SUB-OBJECT

SORRY ...I JUST THINK I FIGURED IT OUT. LEARNING PAINT 3D ... LOOKS LIKE I JUST HAVE TO SPRAY ON THE PAINT USING THE DIFFERENT PEN THICKNESSES ! ...

THAT WAS JUST ME BEING IMPATIENT ... DUH !

The main issues I am having are ...

3. I can't select sub-objects of the model in Paint 3D to assign materials like transparency and metal don't think is available in Paint 3D.

"I can do this in 3D Builder and assign metallic colors, but it doesn't save the colors to a format that imports into Office 365 ... Infact both files exported from 3D Builder are worse"

I have seen metallic materials in use with the 3D model of the Hubble Space Telescope that comes with Office365.

4. In 3D Builder the models start out similar to that exported from Paint 3D, but some colors are no longer assigned where they were ... and some colors that were applied to elements of a single mesh body .. say the outer shell is grey with black elements ... when I apply silver ... the entire body goes silver and I have no way to reselect just some faces to make them black.

Not sure if i need an alternative app to get all these options functioning or if it is something I'm doing. Paint 3D gives me the best export>import foile for powerpoint ... in retaining colours ... just the ability to select elements to make windows transparent and metallic surfaces would be ideal.

See the picture of the model here ... Capsure is grey ... I want it silver and the windows transparent ? Happy to share with MS when complete.

I have created a detailed 3D model of the Orion Spacecraft and imported it into Paint 3D... e8c51594-e687-458d-aaeb-d33c6fd080d6?upload=true.jpg I have created a detailed 3D model of the Orion Spacecraft and imported it into Paint 3D... 9ff24617-28a3-490b-923c-fb1fc9ca6c37?upload=true.jpg

Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office

:)

Mark Piatowski, Jan 22, 2021

2. Paint 3d Imported Model is grey

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are facing difficulties in accessing a 3D model on Paint 3D app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the version of Paint 3D app installed?
    • Are you facing this problem with any specific model or with all the models?
    • Is this issue occurs with models with .obj file extension or with any other file extensions?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Ideally when you open an .obj file extension model, it will ask you to import the texture. Like it asked below. Since the file I created in .obj file format, I am unable to add any texture.

I have created a detailed 3D model of the Orion Spacecraft and imported it into Paint 3D... d1e21c34-5e1e-43bf-8110-f75366c05fa2?upload=true.jpg

I have created a detailed 3D model of the Orion Spacecraft and imported it into Paint 3D... 24218b4e-8bc8-4581-bad2-7873679f6bc5?upload=true.jpg

In this regard, we would like to know if you are prompted with the import texture and does the WinRar file contains the texture folder or it’s blank. If you are able to select the texture and you still get
    the grey scale like this

I have created a detailed 3D model of the Orion Spacecraft and imported it into Paint 3D... f24acdc9-b7ac-4644-8bc9-97e1b29e2438?upload=true.jpg

I have created a detailed 3D model of the Orion Spacecraft and imported it into Paint 3D... 8053ee67-209f-47e8-8ec1-02ed92a62f09?upload=true.jpg

Then we would suggest you to Repair and if not fixed, then Reset the Paint 3D app and then check.

Steps to repair or reset the app

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Apps, then select
      Apps & features from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and double click on
      Paint
      3D app.
    4. Click on Repair tab and follow the onscreen steps.
    5. Open the model in Paint 3D app and check.
    6. If the issue persist then Reset the
      Paint 3D app in the similar way.

If the issue persist after repair/reset, then try creating a new user account as this issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new
    user account and check if you face the same issue with the Paint 3D app, follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

Also check if you are able to access the model in 3D Viewer app as I am able to do and got the same view, when I created.

I have created a detailed 3D model of the Orion Spacecraft and imported it into Paint 3D... e1833876-ef04-41bb-bdfe-d2459f06baf4?upload=true.jpg

In case you have a blank window when you try to import the texture, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement.
    Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback
    for this product so that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Please get back to us with the end result.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Importing models into Paint 3D

Hello Paula Costantini,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know from where you are importing the fbx and obj files?

Ideally, when you are trying to import/export fbx and obj files, make sure the resolution is low. Meanwhile, when you export the 3D model, I suggest you to reduce the polygon face count to the minimum and try to import it on Paint 3D and try
    to apply the texture map and check. During the export of FBX file from any 3D software that you are using, put a check mark on Textures and Materials and export it. By doing this, you will be able to adjust the mapping in Paint 3D.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 22, 2021
  4. I have created a detailed 3D model of the Orion Spacecraft and imported it into Paint 3D...

Importing models into Paint 3D

Hello, I can import fbx and obj files into Paint 3D but the mapping is not maintained. I tried stickers and it looks like the uvw defaults to spherical. Is there any way to adjust the mapping in paint 3D?

Thanks

Paula Costantini, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

I have created a detailed 3D model of the Orion Spacecraft and imported it into Paint 3D...

1. I have created a detailed 3D model of the Orion Spacecraft and imported it into Paint 3D... - Similar Threads - created detailed model

2. Are Paint 3D Models Copyrighted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Paint 3D Models Copyrighted?: I am a student and I have designed a pattern. I want to put the pattern on a 3D library item in Paint 3D a sweater to show how my pattern can be used and submit my pattern for an award They do care about copyright in the award. However, I'm not sure if this would be...
  3. Are Paint 3D Models Copyrighted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Paint 3D Models Copyrighted?: I am a student and I have designed a pattern. I want to put the pattern on a 3D library item in Paint 3D a sweater to show how my pattern can be used and submit my pattern for an award They do care about copyright in the award. However, I'm not sure if this would be...
  4. paint 3d 3d models copyright

paint 3d 3d models copyright: I am a 3D model maker.Can I use 3D models without copyright?please reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-3d-models-copyright/a3325f48-05a8-4139-a4e5-1ebcdd65f4e7
  5. Paint 3D's 3D Model's Copywrights

Paint 3D's 3D Model's Copywrights: I am creating my company's logo via Paint 3D. I am using a lot of the 3D models in the Paint 3D library. I have resized them and added a lighting effect called "Minecraft day." Resizing them and changing the lighting is the only manipulation I have done to these models. These...
  6. Paint 3D - can I use 3d models in a game?

Paint 3D - can I use 3d models in a game?: Hi, I have a question regarding the copyright of the 3D models from the Paint 3D library. Can I add them to my own game without royalty payments? The game will be sold in Steam. I usually work with models from Hum3D and they have structured license agreements, so I can...
  7. Copyright on Paint 3D 3D Library Models

Copyright on Paint 3D 3D Library Models: Hello, I am developing an application for my Bachelor's Thesis and I would like to include 3D models using templates from the Paint 3D library. The Thesis (including the app) will not be published and will only be given to the people responsible for grading it. I have read...
  8. PAINT 3d Imported models without color!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    PAINT 3d Imported models without color!!!!: How do I import textures to paint 3d app?!?1/!??!!!111? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-imported-models-without-color/bedc110d-f0e4-4832-9482-d72d873d1c68
  9. Paint 3d Imported Model is grey

Paint 3d Imported Model is grey: Hi! I downloaded a model from the internet as a zip file (The model is obj file). When I go to Paint 3D app and import this model, thee model is shown without colors and textures - Just grey. How do I solve this? Thank you,...
  10. Importing models into Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing models into Paint 3D: Hello, I can import fbx and obj files into Paint 3D but the mapping is not maintained. I tried stickers and it looks like the uvw defaults to spherical. Is there any way to adjust the mapping in paint 3D? Thanks...