Windows 10: I have created an user in windows 10 v H2 using a MS account; but there are two icons in...

Discus and support I have created an user in windows 10 v H2 using a MS account; but there are two icons in... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have created an user in windows 10 v H2 using a MS account; but there are two icons in the settings page. Why? Can I remove one icon? Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chameleon, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Chameleon Win User

I have created an user in windows 10 v H2 using a MS account; but there are two icons in...

I have created an user in windows 10 v H2 using a MS account; but there are two icons in the settings page. Why? Can I remove one icon? Please help. I have created an user in windows 10 v H2 using a MS account; but there are two icons in... b99e858f-cb75-4796-aa84-1fe4fc758c0d?upload=true.png

:)

Chameleon, Aug 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 New User Accounts

• Which is the new user account type you have created and facing these issue?
    Built in Administrator account

Local Account

MS Account

2. Have you made any changes on these accounts after creating them?

Not initially. Tried rebooting, removing and readding after a reboot. Tried adding via CLI and GUI interfaces

After that I tried one of the suggestions and tried coping a good account over the newly created account. That did not work

3. Does this issue persists on any specific user account?

No it persists on all newly created accounts do not work

4. What are the troubleshooting steps you have created in resolving the issue?

Just the ones mentioned in Step 2

5. Do let us know if you have any user account with no issues on your computer?

only the initial account that was created when I upgraded to windows 10

Robert Cantrell, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

I have created an user in windows 10 v H2 using a MS account; but there are two icons in... [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

4. Ahhzz Win User

I have created an user in windows 10 v H2 using a MS account; but there are two icons in...

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. I have created an user in windows 10 v H2 using a MS account; but there are two icons in... - Similar Threads - created user using

2. How to create local MS User Account using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create local MS User Account using powershell: I know how to create or enable local account with MS Account using Settings UII know how to create local account with PowerShell or NET USER commandBUTIs there ANY WAY to create local, cloud enabled account Local Account binded to MS Account using PowerShell...
  3. How to create local MS User Account using powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create local MS User Account using powershell: I know how to create or enable local account with MS Account using Settings UII know how to create local account with PowerShell or NET USER commandBUTIs there ANY WAY to create local, cloud enabled account Local Account binded to MS Account using PowerShell...
  4. Having two user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having two user accounts: Is it possible to factory reset a computer while using other user account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-two-user-accounts/39a0c8ef-a975-4b2f-8dcb-4d81ea645fff
  5. Having two user accounts

Having two user accounts: Is it possible to factory reset a computer while using other user account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-two-user-accounts/39a0c8ef-a975-4b2f-8dcb-4d81ea645fff
  6. If I create a new account "User Two" and copy my current, main account "User One" to the...

If I create a new account "User Two" and copy my current, main account "User One" to the...: Hello. Thank you in advance for your time and any help/clarity you can provide regarding this. My dilemma is that I want to rename my user folder I made when I built this PC some 5 years ago. But I'm learning that this is basically impossible without editing the registry and...
  7. two MS accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    two MS accounts: I have two MS accounts one I use the other very little my problem is the account I use was setup with an email / user name that I want to stop using. I do have another email setup in that account.I'm just confused as to how to fix this merge the accounts or what?...
  8. Two User Accounts in WIndows 10 When I only Have one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Two User Accounts in WIndows 10 When I only Have one: Hello, On my Samsung Notebook with Windows 10, when I turn on the pc, there are two options: Ex. T_J *** Email address is removed for privacy *** The T_J defaults to entering a pin to enter. The *** Email address is removed for privacy *** goes to entering a...
  9. I have two windows 10 accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have two windows 10 accounts: I have two windows 10 accounts with the same name but different passwords I'd like to delete one of them, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-two-windows-10-accounts/43f5c990-3182-4eb9-8989-6652b731128d
  10. Win 10 using two user accounts simultaneously

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 using two user accounts simultaneously: My Acer laptop running Windows 7 recently died. I bought a Lenovo with Windows 10. I had a backup of the old computer's User folder and sub-folders and everything in them. I renamed the Users folder to Acer and copied that folder from external drive to base C drive on new...