Windows 10: I have created another user on my laptop

Discus and support I have created another user on my laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I have added my wife as a user on my laptop, however when she tries to log into iTunes the first thing we noticed was when typing an email address... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MickHoey, Jan 7, 2020.

1. MickHoey Win User

I have created another user on my laptop

Hi I have added my wife as a user on my laptop, however when she tries to log into iTunes the first thing we noticed was when typing an email address the key @ does not produce that symbol, where as on my user account it works fine, in my wifes user account when you press @ a " comes up instead, I found a way to get the @ symbol and that is to press control and the number 2 key which give you the @ symbol, finally as there is clearly some kind of issue with this second user account she is unable to make purchases when logging in and when funds are clearly available in the iTunes account.

Please help

Regards

Mick

:)

MickHoey, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    create user fails windows 10

Geoff,

This is a shot in the dark.

Several people have been reporting different problems logging in to newly created user accounts.

• They just get a user profile service failed message instead of your symptoms.
    • Whilst their symptom is different, it occurs to me that the cause might be the same.
    • The common factor is that it affects newly-created user accounts that have never been successfully logged into.

So, I suggest having a look at my explanations in Cannot create a new user account that can be login.

In short -

1 Try copying the NTUSER.DAT file from the [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder of a computer that does not exhibit the problem.

2 Try copying the whole [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder group from a computer that does not exhibit the problem.

3 Try recreating the [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder group using Kapil Arya's linked article.

I have nothing other than a gut feeling to justify suggesting these steps,

Best of luck,

Denis

Tryx3, Jan 7, 2020
  4. silkstone Win User

Which laptop should I buy with budget within 1000USD?

Really, you should be getting a list of laptops you like the look of, narrowing it down and then asking on here which is best.

Asking people for suggestions really doesn't work well as most people only have experience with 1-2 laptops at a time.

Searching all the shopping sites and creating a list for you is a lot of work.

You need to do the work and we can help with the rest.

silkstone, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

1. I have created another user on my laptop - Similar Threads - created another user

2. I have another email that I created, but I got the date of birth wrong when I created it,...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have another email that I created, but I got the date of birth wrong when I created it,...: I have another email that I created, but I got the date of birth wrong when I created it, and now I can't change that date, I've tried following the instructions I found on the Microsoft support website, but I couldn't resolve it.I can't find the option to change the date of...
  3. How to decrypt photos that another user created and are owned by...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to decrypt photos that another user created and are owned by...: I have a Windows 10 PC 10.0.19043.1110, and I have these images that were shot in 2008. However whenever I try to access it, I get this error message saying that I do not have permissions to read the file. I can rename the file though. In addition, if I try to copy it or move...
  4. Accidentally Created another user account with the same email

Accidentally Created another user account with the same email: Hi, so I was trying to install a program that wouldnt run due to certain account settings I had in place. To get around this I created another family user to download the program on that account and then have access to it. unfortunately I created the second account using the...
  5. Cannot create another user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot create another user profile: I tried to create another user other than family, but when I click on other user, nothing happens. My windows is legit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-another-user-profile/2240b61c-82e7-4100-9b77-39c57026b36b
  6. Not able to create another user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to create another user: I created a new local user, but when i restarted only my old user is showing and the newly created user is not showing Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-create-another-user/39857e01-b148-45bc-a8e1-634d09375194
  7. Not able to create another user in Win10

Not able to create another user in Win10: I created a child account and then removed it. Now when I try to add another user account with same Microsoft account as was used for the child account, it wont let me....
  8. Videos I create on my laptop have a green tint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos I create on my laptop have a green tint: I've been participating in Zoom meetings now for ~3 months - and everything's been fine. Then, last week my video has a green tint no matter what lighting I use. My wife's laptop - the same one - works just fine. Everyone in the meeting looks fine on my screen - except my...
  9. I have 7 users in my Users folder. How do I delete the user-created ones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have 7 users in my Users folder. How do I delete the user-created ones?: One folder is Administrator. One folder is Public. One folder is [local account]. This is my current and only available login, the one I want to keep. Two folders begin with defaultuser, one of which has the name of my machine. Two folders begin with the first five...
  10. Accidentally created another User

Accidentally created another User: I was trying to follow the instructions to dispense with logging in with user name and password every time I boot up... went thru "netplwiz" and after unticking the requisite box and clicking OK it presented me with a user name I hadn't chosen (although it's part of my GMail...