Windows 10: I have deleted my desktop files and cant get them back, windows 10

Discus and support I have deleted my desktop files and cant get them back, windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I moved my desktop file onto my new ssd, after I'd done a fresh install onto it, intending to use it for my boot. after several attempts the boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Will Cliffe, Dec 30, 2018.

1. I have deleted my desktop files and cant get them back, windows 10

I moved my desktop file onto my new ssd, after I'd done a fresh install onto it, intending to use it for my boot. after several attempts the boot wasn't working so it deleted the volume on my ssd, forgetting that my desktop files were on there. I've done a fresh start on windows 10 via Defender and the issue hasn't been resolved. Help, I'm only 14 and have no idea what to do. I've also tried recovery software without success.

:)

Will Cliffe, Dec 30, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 30, 2018
  4. I have deleted my desktop files and cant get them back, windows 10

Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

I have deleted my desktop files and cant get them back, windows 10

1. I have deleted my desktop files and cant get them back, windows 10 - Similar Threads - deleted desktop files

2. I cant delete a PDF file on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant delete a PDF file on my desktop: I cant delete a stubborn PDF file on my desktop. I cant open it either, but i can move it around freely. I cant drop it into the recycle bin or find other means of deleting it. I am led to believe that it is because the filename is excessively long.I have tried a third party...
  3. I cant delete a PDF file on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant delete a PDF file on my desktop: I cant delete a stubborn PDF file on my desktop. I cant open it either, but i can move it around freely. I cant drop it into the recycle bin or find other means of deleting it. I am led to believe that it is because the filename is excessively long.I have tried a third party...
  4. I cant delete a PDF file on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I accidentaly deleted my bluetooth adapter and cant get it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentaly deleted my bluetooth adapter and cant get it back: So my bluetooth suddenly stopped working and i tried many methods. One of them was deleting my bluetooth adapter. I have tride restarting my computer. I have tried scan for hardware changes but it just doesn’t come back. Please help...
  6. I accidentaly deleted my bluetooth adapter and cant get it back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentaly deleted my bluetooth adapter and cant get it back: So my bluetooth suddenly stopped working and i tried many methods. One of them was deleting my bluetooth adapter. I have tride restarting my computer. I have tried scan for hardware changes but it just doesn’t come back. Please help...
  7. deleted bluetooth cant get it back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    deleted bluetooth cant get it back: I deleted bluetooth on my PC in device management to try and troubleshoot why my Bluetooth wan't showing up. I cant get it back. help : I have a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 and I'm on MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard...
  8. all my desktop icons have disappeared. how do i get them back i have windows 10 os?

in Windows 10 Customization
    all my desktop icons have disappeared. how do i get them back i have windows 10 os?: all my desktop icons have disappeared. help me get them back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-desktop-icons-have-disappeared-how-do-i-get/b52fd7db-5b63-4d9d-94d3-ab9736ad2a64
  9. My minecraft worlds disappeared and I cant get them back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My minecraft worlds disappeared and I cant get them back.: Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to recover my lost world that suddenly disappeared after I saved and exited. One cause I may know of is that I was messing with the F11 key changing it from fullscreen to windowed borderless, but I'm almost positive I only pressed it...
  10. Windows 10 Update deleted some of my Desktop folders, how to get them back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update deleted some of my Desktop folders, how to get them back?: Hello, On Thursday 15th I was playing Hearthstone in the Battle Net app, when I exited, my most vital files and folders on the desktop were gone, I was unable to find any of the missing files/folders - not a single one (!!!) using Search in Explorer, or 4 different recovery...