Windows 10: I have deleted the only admin account - help!

Discus and support I have deleted the only admin account - help! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. I just bought a second hand PC running windows 10. Stupidly, I have deleted the only admin account and now I can't make any changes to anything.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ClaireWatson3, Jul 4, 2021.

1. I have deleted the only admin account - help!

Hi. I just bought a second hand PC running windows 10. Stupidly, I have deleted the only admin account and now I can't make any changes to anything. Can anyone tell me how to create an admin account where one doesn't already exist?

:)

ClaireWatson3, Jul 4, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 4, 2021
  3. kenkickr Win User
    Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Jul 4, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

I have deleted the only admin account - help!

Cannot access my User Account on local machine but can access Admin account. Need help finding password but NOT reset it as it will delete saved data.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you reset the local account password it will not delete the Saved data.

I suggest you to back up the saved data and files from the admin account and try to reset the password and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to reset the password.

• Press Windows + R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Reset Password.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

I have deleted the only admin account - help!

1. I have deleted the only admin account - help! - Similar Threads - deleted admin account

2. I need help with what to do if you delete admin account, but still have an alt account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with what to do if you delete admin account, but still have an alt account: Hello, I cannot login to my account because on my alt account I do not have admin requirements and I wiped my computer and it said was not able to and then I restarted my computer and then the admin account was deleted and I still had my old account and now I can’t login and...
  3. I need help with what to do if you delete admin account, but still have an alt account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with what to do if you delete admin account, but still have an alt account: Hello, I cannot login to my account because on my alt account I do not have admin requirements and I wiped my computer and it said was not able to and then I restarted my computer and then the admin account was deleted and I still had my old account and now I can’t login and...
  4. I need help with what to do if you delete admin account, but still have an alt account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Deleted the only User admin account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted the only User admin account: Hi there, hopefully there’s some help out there, stupidly I have deleted the only user account on my windows laptop and it won’t let me factory reset the pc.Back story is I was trying to free space in C drive because it wouldn’t allow me to uninstall anything and it wouldn’t...
  6. Deleted Admin Account and I have no other User Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleted Admin Account and I have no other User Account: I have a Windows 10 laptop. I had not used my laptop for a month and they screen read password had expired. Since I had forgotten the password so I was not able to set a new password. I did the whole password reset process- System image recovery - utilman account...
  7. Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights: I have dual booted my MacBook Pro. In windows 10 I logged in as Admin and removed the account from membership tabs...So I am left only with standard user....Now I can not do any activity wherein admin rights are required.. I tried everything but not able to get back admin...
  8. I want to change my local account to a Admin but it's the only account i have

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change my local account to a Admin but it's the only account i have: Someone told me if i change it i would be able to Unlink a email which i don't know whose is. So i did so and now i can't do literally anything and i don't know how to change it back....
  9. Deleted my only accessible admin account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted my only accessible admin account: Please help, yesterday I was going to delete an account that was under the name "local test" because I have recently made a local account, but later signed back into my microaoft account, i have found some things flawed with the system. I would like to know if there is a...
  10. Deleting An Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting An Admin Account: My 15 y/o son has somehow become the administrator account on my laptop. I already created a new account for me and set it to administrator. I am unable to delete his account as it is set to my login on the laptop. Help!...