Windows 10: I have difficulty signing onto the internet. Is there a new way to make connection?

Discus and support I have difficulty signing onto the internet. Is there a new way to make connection? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; there use to be a white dot on the bottom taskbar and clicking on it would make connection with the internet. Now I do not find that whit dot. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wailana, Nov 10, 2018.

1. wailana Win User

I have difficulty signing onto the internet. Is there a new way to make connection?

there use to be a white dot on the bottom taskbar and clicking on it would make connection with the internet. Now I do not find that whit dot. What is the way, or icon that makes connection?

:)

wailana, Nov 10, 2018

2. fail to sign in Microsoft account to connect windows 10 instead of local account

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to follow the steps below and check if that helps:

Step 1: Try Disconnecting from the Internet

• If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.

• If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.

Step 2

Try to sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the account.microsoft.com page.

If the sign-in is unsuccessful, then try to reset the password and check.

If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 10, 2018
  4. I have difficulty signing onto the internet. Is there a new way to make connection?

Melowin Mar, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

I have difficulty signing onto the internet. Is there a new way to make connection?

1. I have difficulty signing onto the internet. Is there a new way to make connection? - Similar Threads - difficulty signing onto

2. Is there a way to make a wired connection to a computer that does not have access to the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to make a wired connection to a computer that does not have access to the...: Let me explain. 1 I work with a Scanning Electron Microscope and for security reasons we cannot hook it up to the internet. 2 We setup a data server where other microscopes that have access to the internet, can have access to the server.My question is: Is there a way to make...
  3. Is there a way to make a wired connection to a computer that does not have access to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to make a wired connection to a computer that does not have access to the...: Let me explain. 1 I work with a Scanning Electron Microscope and for security reasons we cannot hook it up to the internet. 2 We setup a data server where other microscopes that have access to the internet, can have access to the server.My question is: Is there a way to make...
  4. Having difficulty finding the option to connect to a wireless internet connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having difficulty finding the option to connect to a wireless internet connection.: Hi,I've tried pretty much tried every option from Google incl. network reset and I can't seem to find an option to connect to a wireless internet connection. I only have the option to connect to ethernet. I'm unsure of what details to provide but can further provide them if...
  5. Having difficulty finding the option to connect to a wireless internet connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having difficulty finding the option to connect to a wireless internet connection.: Hi,I've tried pretty much tried every option from Google incl. network reset and I can't seem to find an option to connect to a wireless internet connection. I only have the option to connect to ethernet. I'm unsure of what details to provide but can further provide them if...
  6. I have internet but it shows "Connected,No Internet"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have internet but it shows "Connected,No Internet": Today in my laptop, windows asked me to setup something, so i clicked 'let's go' button, it said me to connect to the internet first, it said that my ethernet doesn't have internet, so i switched to wifi, same problem. I connected the wifi to my phone and it works fine. i...
  7. Can't sign into cortana or edge, says I have no internet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't sign into cortana or edge, says I have no internet connection: I'm trying to sign in to edge/cortana and it keeps saying I don't have internet connection even thought I do. I'm able to search the web and do everything else. my laptop is running windows 10S Home edition. I also tried switching out of S mode and it sends me to the...
  8. New Windows update KB4556799 makes it so I can’t have internet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows update KB4556799 makes it so I can’t have internet connection: So I downloaded the May Windows update, and after it was done I had no internet connections. I clicked troubleshoot on my internet adapter and the trouble shooter dosent work. I also tried to uninstall the new update but it says “An error has occurred. Not all of the updates...
  9. Having difficulty connecting to internet after windows 10 install

Having difficulty connecting to internet after windows 10 install: Hi everybody, and thanks in advance for the help. I have recently bought a PC from a friend and have just installed windows 10 on it from a USB Flash Drive. Seems to be running fine but having a lot of difficulty trying to connect to the internet. Ethernet cable is fine...
  10. Cannot sign into laptop without having an internet connection

Cannot sign into laptop without having an internet connection: After recently updating laptop, I can no longer sign in unless I have an internet connection. I have tried to reset the PIN and the Password to no avail. Will be going on holiday soon and would like to be able to use my laptop without having an internet connection....