Windows 10: I have direct x 12 but not direct x 11

Discus and support I have direct x 12 but not direct x 11 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello So my laptop has direct x 12 but I keep getting errors on games that I need direct x 11 but dirext x 12 is suppose to have everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LincolnFlick, Dec 14, 2020.

1. I have direct x 12 but not direct x 11

Hello

So my laptop has direct x 12 but I keep getting errors on games that I need direct x 11 but dirext x 12 is suppose to have everything the dirext x 11 does so can someone please help with this issue

Thank you

:)

LincolnFlick, Dec 14, 2020

2. Direct X 11 problems with Direct X 12

Hi Jillian,

We understand that you wanted to play Call of Duty: Black ops 3. There are several factors which cause the discrepancy in playing the game. Initially, the installation of the correct software usually comes with the installation of the game itself, or a prompt
    will be displayed advising you or informing you to install Direct X 11. We understand that what you have is Direct X 12, however, we recommend that you install Direct X 11 to get it working.

We will be waiting for your response.

Vanessa Oca, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Direct X 11 problems with Direct X 12

does anyone know why i might not be able to play a
    Direct X 11 game on
    Direct X 12 graphics card?! i have tried absolutely EVERYTHING! pls help! PS ive seen mostly ever forum on here
    I have direct x 12 but not direct x 11 [​IMG]

I have windows 10 on my computer and I went into my computer and my graphics card supports
    Direct X 12 so it should be able to run
    Direct X 11 games! The specific game I'm trying to play Call of Duty: Black ops 3.

I've downloaded and installed the "dxcpl.exe" thing and added BO3 to it. The only solution i haven't tried is enabling and then disabling my graphics card bc i know that is a dangerous thing to try.

***Post moved to the appropriate forum category, and subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Jillian Kelly, Dec 14, 2020
  4. I have direct x 12 but not direct x 11

Direct X 12

Sir

I think I said Direct X 12 version doesn’t appear on all my Windows 10 devices.
    Dxdiag was usedto determine the version on my systems. The link you sent is useless. When I used Preview Version of
    windows10,the Direct X version was 12.. Now after upgrading to regular Windows10, from windows 7, none of my systems have Direct X 12, instead I have Direct X 9Ex. What the ****, I don’t even have Direct X 11. It is very disappointing. Direct X 12 should come
    as updates, as I understand. But till now they don’t get updated to Version 12 even though other updates gets downloaded and installed.

narahariraghunath, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

I have direct x 12 but not direct x 11

1. I have direct x 12 but not direct x 11 - Similar Threads - direct direct

2. I downloaded a game directly from steam and now I don’t have audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded a game directly from steam and now I don’t have audio.: At first I couldn’t play audio through my tv and now I can’t access audio at all. I restarted multiple times, updated my computer and still nothing. Audio is the only thing affected. Everything is greyed out on audio. I have uninstalled the game and still nothing....
  3. I downloaded a game directly from steam and now I don’t have audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I downloaded a game directly from steam and now I don’t have audio.: At first I couldn’t play audio through my tv and now I can’t access audio at all. I restarted multiple times, updated my computer and still nothing. Audio is the only thing affected. Everything is greyed out on audio. I have uninstalled the game and still nothing....
  4. Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows

Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows: as said in title.I do NOT want the make a bat file shortcut and pin that.I do NOT want to hear about adding it to the Start-UP folder.I need the line of code to ad to the RegEdit to allow for .Bat files to be pinned/dragged and drop directly to my start menu. I know it is...
  5. Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows: as said in title.I do NOT want the make a bat file shortcut and pin that.I do NOT want to hear about adding it to the Start-UP folder.I need the line of code to ad to the RegEdit to allow for .Bat files to be pinned/dragged and drop directly to my start menu. I know it is...
  6. Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How do I permanently uninstall Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently uninstall Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter: Hello I've followed this guide to uninstall and permanently remove Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, but it keeps coming back. also disabled it and it still says "connected" I've tried everything. I've also noticed this tooThis normal?...
  8. How do I permanently uninstall Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter

How do I permanently uninstall Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter: Hello I've followed this guide to uninstall and permanently remove Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, but it keeps coming back. also disabled it and it still says "connected" I've tried everything. I've also noticed this tooThis normal?...
  9. My headphone mic only works when it is plugged directly into my pc and not my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphone mic only works when it is plugged directly into my pc and not my monitor: My headset mic only works when i plug it directly into the pc and not into my monitor but theres static when i plug it into pc. Is there a solve? I want to plug it in my monitor and still have mic access...
  10. My headphone mic only works when it is plugged directly into my pc and not my monitor

My headphone mic only works when it is plugged directly into my pc and not my monitor: My headset mic only works when i plug it directly into the pc and not into my monitor but theres static when i plug it into pc. Is there a solve? I want to plug it in my monitor and still have mic access...