Windows 10: I have discovered an important error in Windows 10

Discus and support I have discovered an important error in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In order to STOP my computer I have to go to the START button. Has anyone else noticed this? 31122 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Elizabeth, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Elizabeth Win User

I have discovered an important error in Windows 10

In order to STOP my computer I have to go to the START button. Has anyone else noticed this?

:)

Elizabeth, Nov 22, 2015
  2. arbstar Win User

hello,, I have an important question

hello everyone..

I have the mobile Nokia 6288

can I install s60 software on it ?

Some people told me that I can go to the nokia company in my country and they will install it

is that right ??

i hope some one answer me..

arbstar, Nov 22, 2015
  3. fhd4---01 Win User
    hello,, I have an important question

Forget all about sis, realplayer, and flash if you have 6288 ....

if you really want them, buy another phone ... PERIOD

although there are some s40 phones that open swf files, like 6300...

Message Edited by fhd4 on 26-May-200706:09 PM

fhd4---01, Nov 22, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Oh my god, you have a START button? I only have this flag button.

Mystere, Nov 22, 2015
  5. Williams Win User
    Give us some more info. What you mean with to STOP my computer I have to go to the START button ...

Can you close it from start menu -> Power -> Shut down? If not whats the error message?

The fact is, i am not sure I understand your question/problem.

Williams, Nov 22, 2015
  6. Elizabeth Win User
    Yes Williams - in order to STOP the computer I have to use the START menu which I access through the little flag button, as Mystere call it. Where is the STOP menu?

Elizabeth, Nov 22, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 22, 2015
  8. Williams Win User

I have discovered an important error in Windows 10 [​IMG]

you mean this?

Williams, Nov 22, 2015
  9. Elizabeth Win User
    Yes Brink. I have no trouble shutting my computer down (stopping it) via the START menu. I just don't understand why MS would require you to go to something called Start Menu in order to shut down. "Stop" is exact opposite of "Start". Why not call it the Stop Menu?

Elizabeth, Nov 22, 2015
  10. Elizabeth Win User
    You got it *Wink

Elizabeth, Nov 22, 2015
  11. essenbe Win User
    The "start" button controls most things in the operating system" One thing it does is allow you to shut the computer down. But, it will "start" many more things than it will "stop". Maybe it would be helpful to look at it as starting the shutdown procedure.

essenbe, Nov 22, 2015
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Historical precedent: XP -> Vista -> Window 7 -> Windows 8 -> Windows 8.1 -> Windows 10

You are not the first person to post this, just the most recent.

No different than pressing the power button to turn a computer on then press the same button to turn it off.

Edit: Ms tried to get rid of the Start button in Windows 8 and got drubbed by so many people they brought it back in 8.1 (sort of) and for real in 10.

Ztruker, Nov 22, 2015
  13. I have discovered an important error in Windows 10

The way I do it is
    Right click the four squares in the bottom left corner.
    Up will come a menu, where you will see Shut down or sign out
    Hoover on >
    Where you will see
    Sign out
    Sleep
    Shut down
    Restart
    Click shut down and that will let you shut it down.,
    That is how I do it

hTconeM9user, Nov 22, 2015
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    You don't have to. Right click on desktop, New, Shortcut:

I have discovered an important error in Windows 10 [​IMG]

If you want fast startup enabled then add /hybrid.

Now you don't have to use the start menu to shutdown. *Thumbs

NavyLCDR, Nov 22, 2015
  15. Mystere Win User
    First of all, it hasn't been called the start menu since XP. From Vista on it's had various names, like the "Orb", the "Flag" and most recently the "Windows Menu". Habit is habit, though, and people still say "Start menu", even though that's not its actual name anymore.

Second of all, it's an old complaint, and attempt at humor.

Mystere, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

1. I have discovered an important error in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - discovered important error

2. web discover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web discover: can anyone help me out with this web discover i have no idea what it is, i tabbed over to chrome and its just at the top of the screen the rest of the screen is all grey and cant close it....
  3. Bluetooth not discovering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not discovering: When I attempt to pair a new headset, it is never detected. This problem is new. I have successfully paired other headsets to my computer in the past, and I have successfully paired this headset to other devices. So far, I have done the following: Checked the...
  4. Are these updates important that I have install today?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Are these updates important that I have install today?: Or can I just wait till tomorrow for Patch Tuesday to download and install them? 168067
  5. I have deleted an important windows folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have deleted an important windows folder.: I accidentally deleted permanently the WindowsApps folder now none of my apps or the Microsoft store are working and I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-deleted-an-important-windows-folder/6d214017-a14c-46fd-b8da-a6b1b799d4ae
  6. Discovering Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Discovering Desktops: Whether you say "Virtual Desktops" or "Multiple Desktops" it is one terrific ability in your Windows 10 Operating System. Before any words as to why this is true, this is the concern... It has come to my attention that many End Users may not, even, be aware this exists, let...
  7. New to Windows 10 - Discovered a problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New to Windows 10 - Discovered a problem: Hello folks. I'm new here because I'm new to Windows 10. Last week I bit the bullet and picked up a refurbished Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF computer, which came with Windows 10 Pro (version 1903). The new computer replaces one I had built for me in 2012 (or around about that time)...
  8. New to Windows 10 - Discovered a problem

in Windows 10 Support
    New to Windows 10 - Discovered a problem: Hello folks. I'm new here because I'm new to Windows 10. Last week I bit the bullet and picked up a refurbished Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF computer, which came with Windows 10 Pro (version 1903). The new computer replaces one I had built for me in 2012 (or around about that time)...
  9. Windows 10 network discovered computers error 0x80070035

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 network discovered computers error 0x80070035: Hi There, I'm having an issue where some computers on our network are not talking to each other. Using one computer as an example, it's been able to discover all computers on the network browser, but when I click to open that computer it gives 0x80070035 error (The...
  10. I have discovered an easy way to compacting VHDs

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    I have discovered an easy way to compacting VHDs: As we all know, vhds grow in physical storage size even if the vhds are much smaller in content inside the vhd. For example, I had a PRO 10 1709 VHD of approx. 18GB and upgraded it to 1803. After I did disk cleanup, to remove windows.old etc, the contents of the vhd are back...