Windows 10: i have dual monitors and one of them keeps going black and then opening

Discus and support i have dual monitors and one of them keeps going black and then opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so i have two monitors,the main one is completely fine,but unfortunately my second one sometimes goes black for a couple of seconds and then opens up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 197912, May 11, 2019.

1. 197912 Win User

i have dual monitors and one of them keeps going black and then opening

so i have two monitors,the main one is completely fine,but unfortunately my second one sometimes goes black for a couple of seconds and then opens up again,sometimes i have some sort of blue marks on it that disappear after a while,and sometimes when i move an application my monitor closes and its really frustrating ill be really happy if some could help!

:)

197912, May 11, 2019

2. Desktop with dual monitors one black

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the you have tried to resolve the issue and tried many steps. I really appreciate your efforts in resolving this issue. As you have mentioned that switching the cables make both the monitor
    work so I believe its not the driver issue. I would suggest you to try connecting another cable and check if the issue persists.

Below is the Microsoft help article on How to connect a second monitor/ Multi monitors.

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

If you are facing black screen issue on the second monitor I suggest you to refer to the below thread and follow the steps given:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 11, 2019
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 11, 2019
  4. i have dual monitors and one of them keeps going black and then opening

Dual Monitor Setup & Speakers

Hi,

There are several factors which could prevent your dual monitors and your speakers from working properly. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Are you getting an error message/code when trying to run the dual monitors?
    • Have you tried running the hardware troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, May 11, 2019
Thema:

i have dual monitors and one of them keeps going black and then opening

1. i have dual monitors and one of them keeps going black and then opening - Similar Threads - dual monitors keeps

2. Display settings keep going from single monitor to dual monitor, without ever having used a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings keep going from single monitor to dual monitor, without ever having used a...: Hello, For some reason everytime I shut down my computer and restart some time after, my screen settings go to dual monitor, resulting in bad resolution. Every time I have to go to my settings and revert to single display. I have never used two monitors, so I don't understand...
  3. Display settings keep going from single monitor to dual monitor, without ever having used a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings keep going from single monitor to dual monitor, without ever having used a...: Hello, For some reason everytime I shut down my computer and restart some time after, my screen settings go to dual monitor, resulting in bad resolution. Every time I have to go to my settings and revert to single display. I have never used two monitors, so I don't understand...
  4. my monitors keep going black, help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my monitors keep going black, help!: Hi, I've been having this issue for around a week kinda out of the blue and I feel like ive tried everything to try and fix it. If anyone has any insight I would appreciate some help.I keep having the issue of my monitors losing input, just going black, while in games as well...
  5. my monitors keep going black, help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my monitors keep going black, help!: Hi, I've been having this issue for around a week kinda out of the blue and I feel like ive tried everything to try and fix it. If anyone has any insight I would appreciate some help.I keep having the issue of my monitors losing input, just going black, while in games as well...
  6. Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random: I am working off of a laptop and have a second monitor to extend my displays. I have been using this set up for two years now and have not had a problem until last night. It seems that my attached monitor only main monitor on laptop is not affected will go black for a few...
  7. HDMI Monitor keeps going black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Monitor keeps going black: My monitor is going black but it's not my computer giving a black screen, my second monitor is working and I can clearly see my computer is fine. My monitor is also indicating that it has power and it is not going to sleep, the light that displays when the monitor is actively...
  8. Dual monitor, how to turn off/ put one of them to sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitor, how to turn off/ put one of them to sleep: Hi all, Are there any native win10 or 3rd party app that allows me to turn off/ put one of the monitor to sleep without using the power on/off switch? Reason being I'm only using the 2nd monitor for certain portrait layout tasks, majority of the time it's just distraction...
  9. Dual monitor, how to turn off/ put one of them to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual monitor, how to turn off/ put one of them to sleep: Hi all, Are there any native win10 or 3rd party app that allows me to turn off/ put one of the monitor to sleep without using the power on/off switch? Reason being I'm only using the 2nd monitor for certain portrait layout tasks, majority of the time it's just distraction...
  10. Monitor going to black BEFORE the time I have set

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor going to black BEFORE the time I have set: My Display on my PC Windows 10 is set to go black after 1 hour. But it often goes to black as soon as I leave the computer to go to the bathroom. How do I get it to NOT do that?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to install dual monitors but one of them keeps flashing on and off and it works fine on another computer

2. dell laptop two displays one keeps going black

3. I have 2 monitors one keeps going out