Windows 10: I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them?

Discus and support I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two program files: Programs and Programs X86 that appear to have duplicate files. Can I delete one of the duplicates?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cheryl Jones2, Nov 30, 2023.

1. I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them?

I have two program files: Programs and Programs X86 that appear to have duplicate files. Can I delete one of the duplicates?

:)

Cheryl Jones2, Nov 30, 2023
  2. rdwray Win User

Duplicate installations in Program Files and Program Files (x86)

I have a x64 PC, can I delete the duplicate installations of programs in Program Files (x86) that are also installed in Program Files?

rdwray, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Delete Programs Files or Program Files(x86)?

how to delete program files (x86)

RahulBisht07, Nov 30, 2023
  4. LMiller7 Win User

I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them?

Duplicate installations in Program Files and Program Files (x86)

No.

Unless you really understand what you are doing the "Program files", "Program files (x86)" and "Windows" folders and all of their subfolders should be considered read only. There is a lot more going on here than is apparent. This is complex, often unintuitive, and sometimes appears to make no sense. That doesn't make it wrong. Initial conclusions are often wrong. Even experienced application developers may have difficulty with this.

LMiller7, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them?

1. I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them? - Similar Threads - duplicate files Program

2. I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them?: I have two program files: Programs and Programs X86 that appear to have duplicate files. Can I delete one of the duplicates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-duplicate-files-in-program-and-program-x86/cd70420d-7f3c-42b3-8abb-5c13b124b452
  3. I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them?: I have two program files: Programs and Programs X86 that appear to have duplicate files. Can I delete one of the duplicates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-duplicate-files-in-program-and-program-x86/cd70420d-7f3c-42b3-8abb-5c13b124b452
  4. How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files Folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files Folder?: My laptop is a 64 bit, I noticed that some of my apps folder are installed on Program Files x86 which is for a 32 bit laptop, I recently discovered that Program Files folder are for a 64bit laptop. How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files? Do I just...
  5. deleted program files x86

deleted program files x86: I deleted Program files x86 by mistake .How I can create same folder ,whenever I have tried to create same folder there is an error as this files is in use.. please help me to create the folder or restore it....
  6. what happens if i delete the "Program files x86", "program files" and "user" folders from...

what happens if i delete the "Program files x86", "program files" and "user" folders from...: Hello. I am a new windows user. Right now I am thinking of freeing some space from my local disk. But not sure which folders should I delete. That's why I am asking you guys. I am repeating my question again. What happens if I delete the "Program files x86", "program files"...
  7. Duplicate installations in Program Files and Program Files (x86)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate installations in Program Files and Program Files (x86): I have a x64 PC, can I delete the duplicate installations of programs in Program Files (x86) that are also installed in Program Files? 157505
  8. Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them?

Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them?: Hi, Hoping someone can help, my Asus laptop using Windows 10 is close to full storage. The files that take most of my memory are the program files, I can see duplicate files (as below) but unable to delete or move these. It says that I do not have permissions (see below) I...
  9. program files and program files x86

program files and program files x86: what If I mixed program files and program files x86 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-and-program-files-x86/0e6ed22e-7f14-4bea-ba3c-65079ee7a563"
  10. Can't delete Programs files and program files x86

Can't delete Programs files and program files x86: I am trying to change what disk i am using so i copied over the program files and program files x86 but i can't delete the old it just says file is still open but nothing else is open...