Windows 10: I have Edge Browser on Windows 10, when needing to manually close Edge, I would use...

Discus and support I have Edge Browser on Windows 10, when needing to manually close Edge, I would use... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When a scammer locks on to my computer, it allows the cursor move but you get no reaction. I used to just pop my battery out of my Dell lab top, wait a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffScott3, Mar 21, 2019.

1. I have Edge Browser on Windows 10, when needing to manually close Edge, I would use...

When a scammer locks on to my computer, it allows the cursor move but you get no reaction. I used to just pop my battery out of my Dell lab top, wait a few seconds, then pop back in and restart. I then learned that could push the old Ctrl, Alt, delete buttons and get the Edge window open. I would click on close Edge and the issue would be gone. When I push those 3 buttons now, I get a Windows window that show a lot of technical info and so on. No where do I see an option to click Edge to close. Can you provide guidance? I believe that I able to escape by finding my power choices and hitting restart. The other way was so much quicker and easier.

Thanks...JeffScott3

:)

JeffScott3, Mar 21, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Mar 21, 2019
  3. AOL home page on Windows 10 Edge and Chrome browsers

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if this issue confined to specific website.

I suggest you to Maximize and Minimize the browser screen and check if it helps.

I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the
    Microsoft Edge
    browser.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
        More Action at the right top corner.

• Click on Settings, click on
        Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.

• Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
        Clear.

• Close the browser and try to open it again.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

I have Edge Browser on Windows 10, when needing to manually close Edge, I would use...

Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

I have Edge Browser on Windows 10, when needing to manually close Edge, I would use...

1. I have Edge Browser on Windows 10, when needing to manually close Edge, I would use... - Similar Threads - Edge Browser needing

2. when i am using edge browser keys are gets shorcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i am using edge browser keys are gets shorcut: when i am using edge browser when i am pressing some keys like a N ,B,CAPSLOCK,DELETE the microsoft help and learning page was open at the same time when i am using onscreen keyboard same issues happen.i am doing all the trouple shoot still not resolve my issue.kindly help...
  3. when i am using edge browser keys are gets shorcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i am using edge browser keys are gets shorcut: when i am using edge browser when i am pressing some keys like a N ,B,CAPSLOCK,DELETE the microsoft help and learning page was open at the same time when i am using onscreen keyboard same issues happen.i am doing all the trouple shoot still not resolve my issue.kindly help...
  4. when i am using edge browser keys are gets shorcut

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...: I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs or "bookmarks" I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at my work office. Is there a way this can be done easily?...
  6. Windows 10 freezes when I use browser Edge ,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes when I use browser Edge ,: Hello there, My asus Laptop with Ram 8GB, 1 Tb HDD freezes when I use more than 1 tab in edge. I earlier had this issue with chrome too then i Reset my PC and was advied to use only Edge but now I am facing the same issue with Edge. KIndly Help....
  7. Edge closes when minimized

in Browsers and Email
    Edge closes when minimized: Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you 120625
  8. Edge closes when minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge closes when minimized: Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you 120625
  9. When Edge Browser closes, desktop icons and taskbar refreshes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When Edge Browser closes, desktop icons and taskbar refreshes: This activity began after the April 18th 2018 update, Every time edge closes the desktop and Task Bar refreshes, and I have staggering mouse movement for 2 seconds or so. Don't know what causes this. The same thing happens in clean boot, and safe mode. I have done all the...
  10. How to auto-logoff of browser sessions when closing Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to auto-logoff of browser sessions when closing Edge: I can't seem to find a setting that will either clear my Edge cookies or do whatever is necessary to log my Google account out when I close the Edge browser. As much as I prefer my family not go through my stuff, I don't want to see theirs after they're done using the...