Windows 10: I have forgotten my laptop's password

Discus and support I have forgotten my laptop's password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I changed my laptop's password one month ago. I haven't used my laptop for 15 days because of my study. I turn on my laptop today but I can't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ashraful islam9, Dec 22, 2019.

1. I have forgotten my laptop's password

Hello,

I changed my laptop's password one month ago. I haven't used my laptop for 15 days because of my study. I turn on my laptop today but I can't get access to it because I forgot my password. I won't afford to lose my data, this is very essential to me. Please help me.

:)

Ashraful islam9, Dec 22, 2019

2. Forgotten Password!!

Thanks, Brink!

Was successful in changing the password on the person's local account. But leaving the 2 accounts showing on the login screen will be very confusing for the 82 yr old person owning the laptop..

As suggested, I signed in to the built-in Administrator account, and now both accounts are local account and Administrator?? Did I do something wrong?

Is this way to stop the built-in Administrator account from showing on the login screen:

1. Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
    2. Type: net user administrator /active:no
    3. Press “Enter“.

cottonball, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Forgotten password

Hi,

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/189126#bookmark-third

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Dec 22, 2019
  4. I have forgotten my laptop's password

Forgotten admin password

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.

• If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.

• If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Microsoft 365 Security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

I have forgotten my laptop's password

1. I have forgotten my laptop's password - Similar Threads - forgotten laptop's password

2. I have forgotten the Windows password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have forgotten the Windows password: I have forgotten the Windows password local account, And I am currently accessing Windows using a PIN CODE. Is there a way to recover the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-the-windows-password/d8c5663e-3a72-425e-8ed9-3729beb73964
  3. I have forgotten the Windows password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have forgotten the Windows password: I have forgotten the Windows password local account, And I am currently accessing Windows using a PIN CODE. Is there a way to recover the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-the-windows-password/d8c5663e-3a72-425e-8ed9-3729beb73964
  4. My laptop is experiencing booting difficulties and I have forgotten the password to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is experiencing booting difficulties and I have forgotten the password to the...: I had gone into msconfig and changed my memory to max and I have watched many tutorials and I need a password, however I use a pin to sign in so I have no idea what to do....
  5. My laptop is experiencing booting difficulties and I have forgotten the password to the...

My laptop is experiencing booting difficulties and I have forgotten the password to the...: I had gone into msconfig and changed my memory to max and I have watched many tutorials and I need a password, however I use a pin to sign in so I have no idea what to do....
  6. My laptop is experiencing booting difficulties and I have forgotten the password to the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I have a HP laptop Pavilion forgotten password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a HP laptop Pavilion forgotten password: I have a HP pavilion laptop and forgot the user password to open the computer. Does anyone know the correct command to use to reset the password. My user name and password is not listed with windows or microsoft....
  8. I have a HP laptop Pavilion forgotten password

I have a HP laptop Pavilion forgotten password: I have a HP pavilion laptop and forgot the user password to open the computer. Does anyone know the correct command to use to reset the password. My user name and password is not listed with windows or microsoft....
  9. I have a HP laptop Pavilion forgotten password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Please I have forgotten my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Please I have forgotten my password: Please i have forgotten my password and i am stuck in safe mode on my laptop so i used my mum's phone can you help me get out using a different way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-have-forgotten-my-password/a79627be-0fdb-49c5-ae40-78ae2e505ca3