Windows 10: I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?

Discus and support I have forgotten my login password. What do I do? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JimRoberts7, Apr 14, 2020.

1. I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?

I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?

:)

JimRoberts7, Apr 14, 2020

2. Forgotten Password!!

Thanks, Brink!

Was successful in changing the password on the person's local account. But leaving the 2 accounts showing on the login screen will be very confusing for the 82 yr old person owning the laptop..

As suggested, I signed in to the built-in Administrator account, and now both accounts are local account and Administrator?? Did I do something wrong?

Is this way to stop the built-in Administrator account from showing on the login screen:

1. Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
    2. Type: net user administrator /active:no
    3. Press “Enter“.

cottonball, Apr 14, 2020
  3. CRL1954 Win User
    Forgotten login password

My son has loaned his laptop to me. But he has forgotten his login password! Therefore I cannot change user on login screen.

CRL1954, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Jacee Win User

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

This is an old thread, but you could try the steps done here: Forgotten Password!!

Jacee, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

1. I have forgotten my login password. What do I do? - Similar Threads - forgotten login password

2. What to do if I have locked my account due to a forgotten password and I have already used...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do if I have locked my account due to a forgotten password and I have already used...: I have recently got a new pc and have forgotten my microsoft password so I have been using the single sign in use code and I didn't know that there was a limit to them, so when they stopped working I tried remembering my password and have locked my account. What can I do?...
  3. What to do if I have locked my account due to a forgotten password and I have already used...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do if I have locked my account due to a forgotten password and I have already used...: I have recently got a new pc and have forgotten my microsoft password so I have been using the single sign in use code and I didn't know that there was a limit to them, so when they stopped working I tried remembering my password and have locked my account. What can I do?...
  4. I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do: I just got my old computer back and I forgot my password and in order to reset it I have to login into my computer but I don't remember the password plz help me...
  5. I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do: I just got my old computer back and I forgot my password and in order to reset it I have to login into my computer but I don't remember the password plz help me...
  6. What do I do if I have forgotten my computer administrator password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do I do if I have forgotten my computer administrator password?: I forgot my computer's administrator password. The account is not linked with Microsoft, so I can't reset it from there. I have a local account but there are many restrictions. I can't run some apps and all of my files are in the admin account. I've tried going into safe mode...
  7. I"ve forgotten the password to logon to the computer. What to do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I"ve forgotten the password to logon to the computer. What to do?: Help! I've forgotten the password to logon to the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-forgotten-the-password-to-logon-to-the/5895d20d-b0cb-4b22-82c0-ab4060880a70
  8. What can i do if I have forgotten my password for Windows startup screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What can i do if I have forgotten my password for Windows startup screen?: What can i do if I have forgotten my password for Windows startup screen? Windows 7 upgraded to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-can-i-do-if-i-have-forgotten-my-password-for/0feafd88-3916-4d57-ab9b-c2955047bd77
  9. how do I find my WIFI password, I have forgotten it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I find my WIFI password, I have forgotten it: I have forgotten my wifi password and need it to set up a new device. Where can I find that information in Windows 10? Moved from: Accounts, login, and signup / Account settings / Windows 10...
  10. I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!: I have forgotten my password for login on my computer! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-password-for-login-on-my/7bc149d4-c9ae-48d3-afd8-47ff266fa6e9"