Windows 10: I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!

Discus and support I have forgotten my password for login on my computer! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have forgotten my password for login on my computer! Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Joseph Raymond Frewer, Jan 14, 2019.

1. I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!

I have forgotten my password for login on my computer! Help

:)

Joseph Raymond Frewer, Jan 14, 2019

2. forgotten user password

Do you use a Microsoft Account to login to your computer? If so, you can reset it online. If not, your options locally are limited to doing things like a factory reset (so your computer is "good as new" and you can pick a new password that you want to
    use).

Here's a listing of all your options to reset a forgotten Windows Password.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 14, 2019
  3. CRL1954 Win User
    Forgotten login password

My son has loaned his laptop to me. But he has forgotten his login password! Therefore I cannot change user on login screen.

CRL1954, Jan 14, 2019
  4. I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!

Forgotten Password

If you use a Microsoft Account of any form to login to the computer, you can use the Microsoft
    Account Password Reset page
    to prove your identity and reset your password. You’ll need access to a phone number or alternate email address already known on your account to verify your ownership.

• This won’t help if your computer is not already logged-in. You can change the password on the website all you want, but the computer won’t “know” the new password yet, so you’ll need to use your older password to login. If you don’t know that and are still
      stuck, read on to see how to force reset the password.
    If that fails, any administrator-level user can reset other user’s passwords on the computer. If you have another admin-level user on the computer, login to the account, then go to the Control Panel to reset
    the forgotten account’s password using
    these instructions here

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!

1. I have forgotten my password for login on my computer! - Similar Threads - forgotten password login

2. I have no login on my computer but I have to renew my password?!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no login on my computer but I have to renew my password?!?: Hi. I got a new computer last august and I have Windows 11 Home edition installed. I did not install the OS and the computer came with no login or anything. That is, I turn on the computer and it doesn't prompt me for login before opening up to the desktop. But a few weeks...
  3. I have no login on my computer but I have to renew my password?!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no login on my computer but I have to renew my password?!?: Hi. I got a new computer last august and I have Windows 11 Home edition installed. I did not install the OS and the computer came with no login or anything. That is, I turn on the computer and it doesn't prompt me for login before opening up to the desktop. But a few weeks...
  4. I have forgotten my user name and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have forgotten my user name and password: I have forgotten my username and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-user-name-and-password/936fed94-a29a-47a7-a441-6ddd8bea40a4
  5. Please I have forgotten my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Please I have forgotten my password: Please i have forgotten my password and i am stuck in safe mode on my laptop so i used my mum's phone can you help me get out using a different way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-have-forgotten-my-password/a79627be-0fdb-49c5-ae40-78ae2e505ca3
  6. Forgotten password to open my computer

Forgotten password to open my computer: I bought a new computer yesterday. Today, I turned it on and can't for the life of me, remember the password. I have tried every password I would or could have used...nothing. I used an old email address hotmail.comfrom yrs ago for the account, that I rarely, if ever use.....
  7. I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?: I have forgotten my login password. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-login-password-what-do-i-do/26ac4897-ac0f-41bf-8922-08a6e242664e
  8. I have forgotten my laptop's password

I have forgotten my laptop's password: Hello, I changed my laptop's password one month ago. I haven't used my laptop for 15 days because of my study. I turn on my laptop today but I can't get access to it because I forgot my password. I won't afford to lose my data, this is very essential to me. Please help me....
  9. forgotten login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    forgotten login password: I am trying to fix my granddaughters windows10 laptop. She has forgotten the password and cannot remember any of the previous passwords which the Microsoft password reset process asks for. Also tried the troubleshooting options including trying to get to the command prompt...
  10. I have a Typo(And a forgotten password)in my Microsoft account login email address, on my...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have a Typo(And a forgotten password)in my Microsoft account login email address, on my...: This problem is on my other laptop, which lives in the loft music studio. (The one I am on now lives downstairs, and is just fine. I know my login details for this machine - by heart, and don't want to change anything on this.) Windows update however, appears to...