Windows 10: I have forgotten my windows login password which is setup with my microsoft account. Can I...

Discus and support I have forgotten my windows login password which is setup with my microsoft account. Can I... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I had reset the password of my windows user. But i forgot it the next day. The laptop is setup with my microsoft account, but I had not installed the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by VaishaliTiwari, Jan 22, 2019.

1. I have forgotten my windows login password which is setup with my microsoft account. Can I...

I had reset the password of my windows user. But i forgot it the next day. The laptop is setup with my microsoft account, but I had not installed the microsoft apps yet. Is there a possibility to recover all my data or change my password(much preferred option) using my microsoft account? I looked into other alternatives of recovering my data or restting my password, but they didn't work. This is my last ray of hope.

:)

VaishaliTiwari, Jan 22, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Unable to sign-in to Microsoft account forgotten password

Hi,

Thanks for the Quick response. I will eventually use the suggestions you have given. But for the present I'd like to continue logging into my PC with my PIN. My concern is more with recovering my Widows local user login password, which seems not possible.
    However I have a question to ask MS which I personally think as valid: when both a Password and a PIN are equally valid for successfully logging in to Windows local admin account why only the Password is given credence in the matter of resetting of the login
    Password or creating a password recovery disc? Will MS please respond? Thank you.

RavindraB.C, Jan 22, 2019
  4. I have forgotten my windows login password which is setup with my microsoft account. Can I...

local account password forgotten

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

I have forgotten my windows login password which is setup with my microsoft account. Can I...

1. I have forgotten my windows login password which is setup with my microsoft account. Can I... - Similar Threads - forgotten login password

2. I have my pin to login to Microsoft Windows 10 but have forgotten my password. How can I...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I have my pin to login to Microsoft Windows 10 but have forgotten my password. How can I...: I have my pin to login to Microsoft Windows 10 but have forgotten my password. How can I find it? Can I use the pin?Thnk you! Jayne Ferrante1...
  3. I have my pin to login to Microsoft Windows 10 but have forgotten my password. How can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have my pin to login to Microsoft Windows 10 but have forgotten my password. How can I...: I have my pin to login to Microsoft Windows 10 but have forgotten my password. How can I find it? Can I use the pin?Thnk you! Jayne Ferrante1...
  4. I have my pin to login to Microsoft Windows 10 but have forgotten my password. How can I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. forgotten both login account passwords on my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgotten both login account passwords on my windows: My laptop has been broken for about 5 months now and i recently got it fixed, but both I and the other person who uses this laptop have forgotten both passwords and i have tried everything to reset it but nothing will work. i would appreciate tips on how to solve this issue...
  6. forgotten both login account passwords on my windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgotten both login account passwords on my windows: My laptop has been broken for about 5 months now and i recently got it fixed, but both I and the other person who uses this laptop have forgotten both passwords and i have tried everything to reset it but nothing will work. i would appreciate tips on how to solve this issue...
  7. I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?: I have forgotten my login password. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-login-password-what-do-i-do/26ac4897-ac0f-41bf-8922-08a6e242664e
  8. I have a Typo(And a forgotten password)in my Microsoft account login email address, on my...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have a Typo(And a forgotten password)in my Microsoft account login email address, on my...: This problem is on my other laptop, which lives in the loft music studio. (The one I am on now lives downstairs, and is just fine. I know my login details for this machine - by heart, and don't want to change anything on this.) Windows update however, appears to...
  9. I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!: I have forgotten my password for login on my computer! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-password-for-login-on-my/7bc149d4-c9ae-48d3-afd8-47ff266fa6e9"
  10. I have forgotten my password to my outlook account which I set up a family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have forgotten my password to my outlook account which I set up a family group: I created a new account to set up a family group and added one child account. Now I cannot remember the password to this account and my child cannot leave the family. Is there a way to remove my child from this account so that I can start another family group?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign into this computer using your microsoft accountnext time you sign into this computer use your microsoft account password or windows hello if youve set it up.well need your current windows password one last time.

2. i want to reset my Windows 10 Version 1909 local logon Name password & pin www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. enter your password one last time

4. how to remove microsoft account in my windows phone with a forgotten password,
  5. If I do not have my microsoft login info can I reset my computer and enter new microsoft login info,
  6. sign in to this computer using your microsoft accountnext time you sign in to this computer use your microsoft account password or if you’ve set it up your pin or windows hello.we’ll need your current windows password one last time.