Windows 10: I have full internet connection, but the system says I don't.

Discus and support I have full internet connection, but the system says I don't. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm currently using an Ethernet connection, and although I have internet access, I can go on the internet and use applications that require internet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidHu9, Mar 26, 2020.

1. DavidHu9 Win User

I have full internet connection, but the system says I don't.

I'm currently using an Ethernet connection, and although I have internet access, I can go on the internet and use applications that require internet, Windows 10 thinks I don't have internet.

This is very annoying because It means I can't use Microsoft Office applications like word, or access the Microsoft store, or even update my computer, since it thinks my internet is down.

My wireless connections also so don't seem to work, and I've tried many different methods, but none of them seem to work for my situation.

:)

DavidHu9, Mar 26, 2020

2. Cant get Cortana to work, says it's not connected to the internet.

Hello ,

Your question on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Joy Kemprai.

Title:
    Cant get Cortana To work

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

Before I can provide you any assistance, I would like you to answer the question below:

1. Do you that an un-interrupted internet connection?

2. Is your web browser working properly?

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if the issue persist:

Step 1: Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.
    Step 2: Run Internet Troubleshooter.

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

I have done all the above and have a 50mbps connection. Help. Thank You

John Schaus, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Mar 26, 2020
  4. 3mptylord Win User

Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

I've tried unselecting the option but I didn't fix the issue - nor could I see why it would.

The following things connect to the internet fine:
    • Microsoft Edge (new IE)
    • Chrome
    • Steam's browser and Steam multiplayer games
    • League of Legends launcher, patcher, PVP.net and game client
    • Battle.net
    • Pretty much everything
    What doesn't work:

• Network Center (says I'm not connected)
    • Windows Live Mail (logging in)
    • Outlook (logging in)
    • Notepad 8 (logging in)
    • User Accounts (logging in)
    The issue seems to affect any Microsoft product that tries to connect to Live.

3mptylord, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. I have full internet connection, but the system says I don't. - Similar Threads - full internet connection

2. Microsoft store says that I don't have internet connection when I do.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store says that I don't have internet connection when I do.: I have been trying to download minecraft after uninstalling it due to bugs and this keeps popping up. Troubleshooter also seems to think that I'm not connected, and windows isn't updating....
  3. Microsoft store says that I don't have internet connection when I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store says that I don't have internet connection when I do.: I have been trying to download minecraft after uninstalling it due to bugs and this keeps popping up. Troubleshooter also seems to think that I'm not connected, and windows isn't updating....
  4. Microsoft store says that I don't have internet connection when I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Wi-Fi says I don't have any internet connection but I have internet connection after...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Wi-Fi says I don't have any internet connection but I have internet connection after...: [ATTACH] My Wi-Fi icon displays no internet connection but my connection is works fine i can open internet, play games and download. But the wi-fi still says that I don't have internet connection. How do i fix this? it kinda annoying for me....
  6. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, but I have.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, but I have.: I am running on Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 2004, OS Build 19041.264. I recently changed to the Windows Insider Program and updated Windows. In the taskbar, the Wi-Fi icon shows No Internet Access, but I have a stable internet connection wirelessly Ex: I can browse the...
  7. I don't have internet connection

I don't have internet connection: Hi everyone, in this quarantine time I hope everyone is doing well in their home. I would like to ask about how to get connection in Windows 10. I don't have the wifi connection in my panel. Eventhough i'm doing reset network i'm not finding the solution after that. I don't...
  8. My outlook is not working - says I don't have an internet connection when I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My outlook is not working - says I don't have an internet connection when I do: I can't get into my hotmail account via the app, as I keep getting a message saying I am not connected to the internet, when in fact I am. Help! It won't fix my account, so my mail is not coming in. The comcast and Gmail are working fine, it's just the hotmail account that is...
  9. Windows says not connected, but i have internet.

Windows says not connected, but i have internet.: So I use a dsl pppoe connection to access internet. [ATTACH][ATTACH] But recently I discovered I can not access ms store or other metro apps. Even windows update is showing error. [ATTACH] Then when I check my settings it says not connected. Even though I am connected...
  10. I have internet access except windows says i don't

I have internet access except windows says i don't: I don't know why but since the 27th of November my computer is telling me that I don't have internet access even though I do and can use it normally. However, a few things do not work like checking for updates I'm guessing because it checks my network status. Onedrive gets...