Windows 10: I have gone back to Windows 7

Discus and support I have gone back to Windows 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; From my reading of posts in this and other computer forums, I understand that many are operating with Windows 10 without difficulty. Congratulations!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by carbuff, Aug 24, 2015.

1. carbuff Win User

I have gone back to Windows 7

From my reading of posts in this and other computer forums, I understand that many are operating with Windows 10 without difficulty. Congratulations! Your computer setups must be superior to mine. I hope that sometime in the near future, Microsoft is able to correct the bugs in its present build and that I will be able to use it in the way it is intended. But for now, I have given up trying to use Windows 10 on my desktop. It has been too unstable. By that, I mean it has not constant in operation.

I have tried numerous fixes for the various problems that have occurred. I learned these fixes from the Microsoft Community website, this forum and other internet computer forums. None have worked to the extent that I can do work using my desktop without app or Windows 10 failures. These failures have made it impossible for me to operate my desktop in a fashion that allows me to do the work I need to do.

One of the inconsistencies that evoke the most frustration is that access to the start menu is most often denied. Thus, not being able to access 3rd party apps or Windows apps through the start menu including restart and shutdown are simply unacceptable.

Secondly, a number of 3rd party apps do not function and after consulting the manufacturers, I have learned that that drivers or upgraded software is being developed but no dissemination dates are yet available.

The incompatibilities and failures make it too difficult for me to employ Windows 10 as the OS for my desktop computer. Thus, I have gone back to Windows 7 for at least, the short-time.

:)

carbuff, Aug 24, 2015
  2. Taffy087 Win User

I have Windows 10 but have somehow gone back to an earlier Windows

Hi Susan. First, go to Settings > System > About and tell us what version is showing there.

And I suggest that you change your Subject - it doesn't tell would-be helpers what your problem is. Click on Edit underneath your post to change the Subject. Perhaps to Window 10 - Gone back to an earlier version by mistake.

It might help is you go to Settings > Update & Security and Check for Updates. Tell us what you see.

It's likely that the helpful experts here will ask you for more info but this should get you going. Good luck.

By the way, when you edit your heading also change the topic/sub topic to Windows / Windows 10 / Performance. You've posted it in the IE forum - if that's one of the problems you have, it can always be changed again later.

Edited at 08:21 to tidy up

Taffy087, Aug 24, 2015
  3. susan32 Win User
    I have Windows 10 but have somehow gone back to an earlier Windows

I've have windows 10 on my computer, I've accidently gone back to an earlier windows (not sure which one) My windows 10 is still there but I don't want the earlier window how can I take it back off?

Moved from Internet Explorer

Original title: windows

susan32, Aug 24, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

As a user that has/had win10 working just fine on 2 or more computers ,I think that, maybe your hope should be that the makers of your computers components work on making them compatible with win10 ,good luck,and make sure you have all the latest drivers for your win7 devices and try the upgrade again in a few months maybe

caperjack, Aug 24, 2015
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    You should have stayed for a little longer. A Service Release Pack is on the horizon. But then I cannot blame you.

eLPuSHeR, Aug 24, 2015
  6. Tony K Win User
    @carbuff

That's one of the most patient attitudes I've seen in a while. Usually someone rants that it's MS's, OEM's, or the OS's fault and go storming off. My hat off to you, carbuff!

Good luck to you. *Smile

Tony K, Aug 24, 2015
  7. owensdj Win User
    Sorry for your troubles, but if you haven't tried a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 you can't say that any problems you have are the result of bugs in Windows 10. If you're on an upgraded install, most likely you had problems left over from your previous 7/8.1 install that are now causing problems with 10.

owensdj, Aug 24, 2015
  8. I have gone back to Windows 7

Did you try a clean install? What 3rd party apps aren't compatible with Windows 10? That might be helpful to others.

DeaconFrost, Aug 24, 2015
  9. acmanten Win User
    DeaconFrost

My upgrade to Win 10 all appears to be OK, and at onetime it even said that is was ACTIVATED, but later after I went to settings, it reverted back to saying not activated,,, and one of the other places it still says it is activated, but itne systems it say the it is not actived now.

So, my question is: Do you think if I did a "Clean install" that maybe I would be able to get it activated ?

Thanks for your comments. Cliff M

acmanten, Aug 24, 2015
  10. Really? And where is that info posted from MS? The earlier rumour was that SR1 was supposed to be out last week -- but, it did not make it. All we are getting from MS is cumulative updates. Have seen nothing from MS indicating when SR1 is planned to be released.

Mark Phelps, Aug 24, 2015
  11. This thread is about "Going back to Win7". You need to start your own thread if you want help with solving Win10 problems.

12. owensdj Win User
    Mark, rumors are that a SR1 update will come some time around October. People were confused about it coming last week.

owensdj, Aug 24, 2015
  13. eosnead Win User

I loaded Windows 10 on three computers and had no operation problems. I removed it from two of them because two programs t I use were not compatible. I'm tired of replacing perfectly good software because some new OS doesn't care about them. I also don't like the lack of control with updates. The last thing I didn't like was a Microsoft message that popped up in the lower right screen offering me a discount to upgrade my MS Office software. I'm afraid that could multiply into a big nuisance later on. Windows 7 has served me well over the years and I'm not aware of any need of benefits that Windows 10 may offer. That could change later but for now it only offers disadvantages for me.

I did keep Windows 10 on a Lenovo W540 Laptop because Lenovo had loaded Windows 7 with their terrible software Apps and anything would be an improvement.

eosnead, Aug 24, 2015
  14. I'm not disputing what you are saying -- I'd just like to know the source. There are a lot of bloggers and journalists out there that simply make things up to get attention. I'd rather see something from MS that I can rely on.

15. DRFP Win User
    While I understand the love of an older OS, many start a thread or post a comment of how it does not work.

What is left out: Computer Model, How old the 3rd Party Software is?
    The age of the computer has a lot of to do with Windows 10 if it is older than 3 years you may have problems, Computers older than 5 years may be time to get something new if you want to run newer software.

Software: I am currently using software 3rd party over 5 years old no problem ( 2010) if you are using software older than this its pretty old, if you tell me its over 10 years old then I would say its way past time to update.

My computer?
    Dell 3147 2 in 1 Quad core Baytrail
    Wifes Lenovo G500s i3
    Some of the software:
    Libre Office 5
    MS office 2013
    Paint.Net
    Chrome
    FireFox

Both run Win 10 without any issues

Thema:

1. I have gone back to Windows 7 - Similar Threads - gone

2. Anyone know how to recover emails, work up this morning to them gone need help to get them...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone know how to recover emails, work up this morning to them gone need help to get them...: Anyone know how to recover lost emails, woke up this morning to them all gone and need them back asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-how-to-recover-emails-work-up-this/4b2a38e4-864a-4e00-bd95-a068dbb75e8d
  3. Anyone know how to recover emails, work up this morning to them gone need help to get them...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone know how to recover emails, work up this morning to them gone need help to get them...: Anyone know how to recover lost emails, woke up this morning to them all gone and need them back asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-how-to-recover-emails-work-up-this/4b2a38e4-864a-4e00-bd95-a068dbb75e8d
  4. I reinstalled Windows 11 to change the OS language, but now my drivers are gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled Windows 11 to change the OS language, but now my drivers are gone?: I bought a computer in Japan I live here and had to reinstall Windows 11 to make the system show English since it came in Japanese, but now it seems many of my drivers - including graphics, audio, mousepad, and fingerprint reader drivers and, I`m willing to bet, many others -...
  5. I reinstalled Windows 11 to change the OS language, but now my drivers are gone?

I reinstalled Windows 11 to change the OS language, but now my drivers are gone?: I bought a computer in Japan I live here and had to reinstall Windows 11 to make the system show English since it came in Japanese, but now it seems many of my drivers - including graphics, audio, mousepad, and fingerprint reader drivers and, I`m willing to bet, many others -...
  6. Had to do a restore to a previous date; snip & sketch gone, computer only sees one wifi,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had to do a restore to a previous date; snip & sketch gone, computer only sees one wifi,...: 1 Cannot seem to DL Snip & Sketch from anywhere. In running the Installer abt 703k - only get "retrieving data" message. Never changes; no install. Was hoping to re-install; cannot find anything on the computer showing snip program. Considered trying to reset keyboard - no...
  7. Had to do a restore to a previous date; snip & sketch gone, computer only sees one wifi,...

Had to do a restore to a previous date; snip & sketch gone, computer only sees one wifi,...: 1 Cannot seem to DL Snip & Sketch from anywhere. In running the Installer abt 703k - only get "retrieving data" message. Never changes; no install. Was hoping to re-install; cannot find anything on the computer showing snip program. Considered trying to reset keyboard - no...
  8. Reset my PC and choose Remove Everything, my data in drive D has gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset my PC and choose Remove Everything, my data in drive D has gone: Hi, I tried to reinstall Windows 11 by reset my PC and choose 'Remove Everything' then choose 'only the drive where Windows is installed' which is drive C but when it is completed , all my the data in drive D is gone.How can I recover my files? Pls help.....
  9. Reset my PC and choose Remove Everything, my data in drive D has gone

Reset my PC and choose Remove Everything, my data in drive D has gone: Hi, I tried to reinstall Windows 11 by reset my PC and choose 'Remove Everything' then choose 'only the drive where Windows is installed' which is drive C but when it is completed , all my the data in drive D is gone.How can I recover my files? Pls help.....
  10. Why do I keep getting a warning that all my files are going to be deleted because I've gone...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I keep getting a warning that all my files are going to be deleted because I've gone...: I keep getting a message that says I am over my storage limit, my It says that I've used 1% of my 5GB. I've deleted all of my photos, mostly all of my files and It is still sending me the message despite the fact that I've only used 1% of my storage....