Windows 10: I Have had a new Hard Drive fitted. Since then my printer driver does not work, also I...

Discus and support I Have had a new Hard Drive fitted. Since then my printer driver does not work, also I... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I Have had a new Hard Drive fitted. Since then my printer driver does not work, also I cannot find my Internal G Drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaxwellHannah, Jan 24, 2022.

1. I Have had a new Hard Drive fitted. Since then my printer driver does not work, also I...

I Have had a new Hard Drive fitted. Since then my printer driver does not work, also I cannot find my Internal G Drive

:)

MaxwellHannah, Jan 24, 2022

2. Printer Drivers

After last removal of drivers HP software and reinstallation there has been no changes.

• Printer is not recognized by PC. Network prints from iPhone and ipads.
    • HP Print and Scan Doctor sees printer installed but cannot communicate with it.
    • Device Manager Printer still reports
      • No drivers installed for this device
      • Device Root\Printer\0000 requires further installation.
    After greater than 5 attempts to remove and reinstall HP printer software with the same result one has to include that printer software is not the problem.

Important to note printer worked for many years and suddenly stopped working

My solution in order of are

• Use WIN Repair Disc to correct problem
    • Attempt to restore ROOT|PRINTER file from back up files
      • Any advice on location of file would be appreciated
    • Replace WIN10
    • Install new hard drive with a new copy of WIN10
      • Drive problem remote but possible
    Any thoughts would be appreciated

ArthurDeane, Jan 24, 2022
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jan 24, 2022
  4. marks1964 Win User

I Have had a new Hard Drive fitted. Since then my printer driver does not work, also I...

Ext hard drive not registering in pathfinder, driver update not working

Hi,

See if this helps.

Firstly, plug your USB Hard Drive into the USB 2.0 port and leave it connected until after ALL of the steps are completed.

The steps are:

• In the search box type DEVICE MANAGER (it's in the control panel)
    • Select DEVICE MANAGER from the list
    • Expand the PORTABLE DEVICES to reveal the sub menu listings
    • Right click on your USB Hard Drive and then select
      UPDATE DRIVER SOFTWARE
    • Select BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE
    • Select LET ME PICK FROM A LIST OF DEVICE DRIVERS ON MY COMPUTER
    • Select the WPD FILESYSTEM VOLUME DRIVER and then select
      NEXT
    • Select CLOSE
    • Leave the USB hard drive plugged in, close all windows and restart the PC
    After you have logged back in, give your PC a chance (up to 1 minute) to load the driver and then Windows will ask you what to do with the drive when it finds it. Now check to see if the USB Hard Drive is now usable.

If everything is now working, try your USB Hard Drive in the
    USB 3.0
    port and check it again.

When viewing file explorer, look at the left side of the screen and on the list you will see
    THIS PC and if you select this, you will see all of your available drives and you should see your USB Hard Drive in the group.

Mark

marks1964, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

I Have had a new Hard Drive fitted. Since then my printer driver does not work, also I...

1. I Have had a new Hard Drive fitted. Since then my printer driver does not work, also I... - Similar Threads - Hard Drive fitted

2. I have had to renew my hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had to renew my hard drive: Any help thanks I have had to renew my hard drive in my computer I have my windows 11 key and my office 2019 key used the usb to install windows and used my office 2019 on my computer all went well until i tried to put office key in and it said it was already on another...
  3. I have had to renew my hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have had to renew my hard drive: Any help thanks I have had to renew my hard drive in my computer I have my windows 11 key and my office 2019 key used the usb to install windows and used my office 2019 on my computer all went well until i tried to put office key in and it said it was already on another...
  4. I Have had a new Hard Drive fitted. Since then my printer driver does not work, also I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Have had a new Hard Drive fitted. Since then my printer driver does not work, also I...: I Have had a new Hard Drive fitted. Since then my printer driver does not work, also I cannot find my Internal G Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-had-a-new-hard-drive-fitted-since-then-my/7e7d719e-a45a-4c07-9e10-a7d8d95293b7
  5. I Have had a new Hard Drive fitted. Since then my printer driver does not work, also I...

I Have had a new Hard Drive fitted. Since then my printer driver does not work, also I...: I Have had a new Hard Drive fitted. Since then my printer driver does not work, also I cannot find my Internal G Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-had-a-new-hard-drive-fitted-since-then-my/7e7d719e-a45a-4c07-9e10-a7d8d95293b7
  6. I had to get a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had to get a new hard drive: The guy who sold me my new 128G SSD put a version of Windows 10 on my computer that's all messed up. Do I need to buy a new copy of Windows 10 to clean it up? I was using Windows 10 Pro on the old hard drive....
  7. I have an HP laptop and I had to buy an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have an HP laptop and I had to buy an external hard drive: USB3.1 was required, which I believe I have - so why, when I try to use it, do I get an error message?? The whole reason for my buying the external hard drive was to free up space - so what to do - I am absolutely disgusted!...
  8. Why is win10 trying to load a printer driver for a printer that I have never had, and a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is win10 trying to load a printer driver for a printer that I have never had, and a...: This is the event log error throwing event ID 370 & 215: The print spooler failed to regenerate the printer driver information for driver Canon Inkjet MP190 series for environment Windows x64. Win32 system error code 3016 0xbc8. This can occur after an operating system...
  9. I have had the misfortune of having a hard drive crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had the misfortune of having a hard drive crash: I had to reload windows and rebuild my alienware laptop. fs 2020 is gone. I have reinstalled everything, and have gotten into "Microsoft games" and in my library it shows i have purchased fs 2020, but i cannot download it again.... help????...
  10. I just had my hard drive put into a new laptop.

I just had my hard drive put into a new laptop.: I'm having problems launching programs I bought before my old mother board crashed. How do I start old programs I paid for w/o having to download and pay for them again. specifically Windows Movie Maker Pro for HD. Already downloaded Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge to get...