Windows 10: I have had another update for windows 10 forced on me and there is now no access to my...

Discus and support I have had another update for windows 10 forced on me and there is now no access to my... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 update has lost all my files and rendered my laptop as useless. I have just paid £69 for this 'service'. It's outrageous that they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anthonystorrow, Apr 29, 2020.

1. I have had another update for windows 10 forced on me and there is now no access to my...

Windows 10 update has lost all my files and rendered my laptop as useless. I have just paid £69 for this 'service'. It's outrageous that they are allowed to carry on with this practice. Is there a software ombudsman who can curtail Microsoft's negative activities?

:)

anthonystorrow, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2020
  4. m4gicfour Win User

I have had another update for windows 10 forced on me and there is now no access to my...

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

I have had another update for windows 10 forced on me and there is now no access to my...

1. I have had another update for windows 10 forced on me and there is now no access to my... - Similar Threads - another update forced

2. Windows 10 is now forcing an update on my computer. After having parameters to not force it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 is now forcing an update on my computer. After having parameters to not force it.: So please someone tell me why, since my log in today, I now have no option to shut down, but only to shut down with updating?For my own reasons and compatibility, I do not want this update as it will ruin some of my programs, literally. And I will keep my reasons at that.Here...
  3. WINDOWS FORCED ME TO UPDATE AND NOW STUCK

WINDOWS FORCED ME TO UPDATE AND NOW STUCK: So my laptop suddenly updated on its own, and the update is stuck at 94%. After a while it says: We couldn't complete the update and is undoing changes. Btw keep in mind, I'm locked off my windows. I can't access anything aside from troubleshooter and Windows Recovery which...
  4. i have had my computer for around a year now and i have had this same issue for a while it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i have had my computer for around a year now and i have had this same issue for a while it...: Every time i load up a game my computer will freeze for a minute and then crash. I have clean wiped the computer and reset windows but the issue still keeps happening. There are many issues such as the Dwminit which is a warning, Kernal-power, and driverframworke-user-mode....
  5. Windows 10 Update 2004 just forced itself on my PC and now I have no internet and my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update 2004 just forced itself on my PC and now I have no internet and my...: No idea what just happened. Any ideas? edit: Just looked into it further and turns out the update failed (successfully?) and it can't install because it already attempted to update and borked my internet connection. Wtf Microsoft? submitted by /u/TheOneTheyCallWho [link]...
  6. I have had this update for a while now, but it’s always had an error. I even manually...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have had this update for a while now, but it’s always had an error. I even manually...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jesse_jet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvvtmp/i_have_had_this_update_for_a_while_now_but_its/
  7. My computer is forcing an update on me

My computer is forcing an update on me: Yesterday I was prompted to do a windows update by my computer, so i installed the update and then after the update all my games were running at 0 fps in comparison to the usual 20 - 30. so i uninstalled the update and evrything was fine again. But today when i tried to...
  8. Windows 10 forced update on me, now can't enable wifi

Windows 10 forced update on me, now can't enable wifi: I hate that Windows no longer allows me to control when updates get applied. It literally interrupted me in the middle of a game to notify me that I had to apply some updates. I hadn't used my desktop in a few months so apparently my machine was overdue. After my computer...
  9. another forced windows 10 1803 update

another forced windows 10 1803 update: today again forced 1803 update that breaks my laptop performance always everytime i installed this update my performance was horrible for example im trying to play a game and its freezing my laptop everytime i open a game like minecraft windows 10 edition and my laptop...
  10. Should i have had the Creators Update by now?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should i have had the Creators Update by now?: Just wondered, should i have had the creators update as i had the privacy thing pop up about a month ago and i checked the options what i wanted and clicked ok but nothing yet? Another computer in my household had the privacy thing come up a little while ago and once did...