Windows 10: I have had many problems with keeping the Windows 11 22H2 version from downloading and...

Discus and support I have had many problems with keeping the Windows 11 22H2 version from downloading and... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I’ve been keeping Windows Update PAUSED after I allow security updates install just to stop the newest Windows 11 version from installing on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SYDNEY SWIM, Jun 10, 2023.

1. I have had many problems with keeping the Windows 11 22H2 version from downloading and...

So, I’ve been keeping Windows Update PAUSED after I allow security updates install just to stop the newest Windows 11 version from installing on my PC.One Support guy told me that disabling it in Services would work, but that was very bad advice, as anything will enable it again, and then I’m not prepared for the possibility of it downloading.Finally, a few days ago another Microsoft Support Technician told me that it could be done through the computer’s Registry. I asked her to send me an email with directives on how that’s done, and although she promised me she would, I never received a peep

:)

SYDNEY SWIM, Jun 10, 2023
  2. itsme1 Win User

How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2  

If you can't install it from windows update you can try to install it manually, it's the same KB5015684 obtained with windows update.

Windows 10 Version 22H2 is coming in October 2022 ---> KB5015684 Provides Quick Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade - Ed Tittel On the Ed Tittel page click on the links DeskModder.de or .MSU x64 version of the upgrade.

KB5015684 Funktionsupdate auf die Windows 10 22H2 (19045) [Manueller Download] - Deskmodder.de

Do dism and sfc /scannow commands before and/or after installing it.

itsme1, Jun 10, 2023
  3. Cannot update Windows 11 to build 22h2

Need more help than support web site offers. I would like to update a Windows Pro 21h2 to 22h2.

I've tried every suggestion at Troubleshoot problems updating Windows - Microsoft Support short of "Perfrom a clean installation of Windows 11." That list is comprehensive and includes everything I would have thought of on my own and then some. None of the troubleshooting suggestions solved the problem. The system in question is a Lenovo ThinkCentre M90n desktop running Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2.

In addition to all the steps at the above link, I've also tried installing by using Windows 11 Installation Assistant. Installation Assistant downloads and goes through the long installation process. But then very shortly after the reboot starts, it says, "Undoing changes" and boots back into the old build.

jaygourley, Jun 10, 2023
  4. I have had many problems with keeping the Windows 11 22H2 version from downloading and...

Windows 11 Update 22H2 Failure and Problems

Hi Paul. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Try these fixes for Windows 11 22H2 failure:

https://pureinfotech.com/avoid-problems-install...

https://windows101tricks.com/windows-11-upgrade...

https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/wi...

https://www.minitool.com/news/windows-11-22h2-i...

https://www.windowslatest.com/2022/09/22/window...

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Veteran MVP - Volunteer Moderator, Jun 10, 2023
Thema:

I have had many problems with keeping the Windows 11 22H2 version from downloading and...

1. I have had many problems with keeping the Windows 11 22H2 version from downloading and... - Similar Threads - many problems keeping

2. Windows 11 Version 22h2 will not download properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Version 22h2 will not download properly.: My PC won't download the Windows 11, Version 22H2 update. It keeps getting to 100% then goes back to 0%, I've tried restarting, and it sends this message when it fails too many times.Windows 11, version 22H2 is available.We couldn't install this update, but you can try again...
  3. Windows 11 Version 22h2 will not download properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Version 22h2 will not download properly.: My PC won't download the Windows 11, Version 22H2 update. It keeps getting to 100% then goes back to 0%, I've tried restarting, and it sends this message when it fails too many times.Windows 11, version 22H2 is available.We couldn't install this update, but you can try again...
  4. I have had many problems with keeping the Windows 11 22H2 version from downloading and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had many problems with keeping the Windows 11 22H2 version from downloading and...: So, I’ve been keeping Windows Update PAUSED after I allow security updates install just to stop the newest Windows 11 version from installing on my PC.One Support guy told me that disabling it in Services would work, but that was very bad advice, as anything will enable it...
  5. Problems with Command Prompt in Windows 11 version 22H2

Problems with Command Prompt in Windows 11 version 22H2: Hello, I need help. I'm currently having a problem with Command Prompt application in Windows 11. The problem is, the application automatically closes by it self after a few seconds after I open it. It is so annoying. It closes while I type something....
  6. Windows 11, version 22H2 update on Laptop not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, version 22H2 update on Laptop not downloading: I have tried multiple times to set it up again it wouldn't let me, with a little pop-up saying "we couldn't install this update, but you can try again 0xc1900223." And this same pop up again and again.The Windows Update was working fine until this update. I'm confused why it...
  7. Windows 11, version 22H2 update on Laptop not downloading

Windows 11, version 22H2 update on Laptop not downloading: I have tried multiple times to set it up again it wouldn't let me, with a little pop-up saying "we couldn't install this update, but you can try again 0xc1900223." And this same pop up again and again.The Windows Update was working fine until this update. I'm confused why it...
  8. Windows 11 Version 22h2 will not download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Version 22h2 will not download: This download has been stuck at 0% since about 9:30am this morning. It is tying up huge amounts of resources on my computer making me unable to work....
  9. Windows 11 Version 22h2 will not download

Windows 11 Version 22h2 will not download: This download has been stuck at 0% since about 9:30am this morning. It is tying up huge amounts of resources on my computer making me unable to work....
  10. Windows 11 Version 22h2 will not download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade