Windows 10: I have had sound issues for over a year, help?

Discus and support I have had sound issues for over a year, help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my sound is so sporadic. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it doesn't work at all. Sometimes it doesn't work on start up, but 10 minutes in it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NotaBanEvasion12345, May 24, 2020.

1. I have had sound issues for over a year, help?

So my sound is so sporadic. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it doesn't work at all. Sometimes it doesn't work on start up, but 10 minutes in it works. It's usually just a thing where if it is not working I can do some basic things to get it going again, like sliding the volume level up and down a bunch until it finally plays the test sound, or turning off enhancements and restarting, or just waiting for a few minutes.

Recently nothing I do will make the sound play. I use dolby atmos theough Earc on a LG c9 with a HW-Q90R soundbar. It is amazing when it works.

What the hell should I do to get sound again, and have it work properly from here on out?

And yes netflix and shit plays find so my soundbar and TV are working.

submitted by /u/NotaBanEvasion12345
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NotaBanEvasion12345, May 24, 2020

2. window10 sound problems - I need help can you help me do that to fix the sound.

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• What all the troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolved the issue?
    • What is the exact issue are you facing with sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, May 24, 2020
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, May 24, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

I have had sound issues for over a year, help?

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue I have had sound issues for over a year, help? :p

cadaveca, May 24, 2020
Thema:

I have had sound issues for over a year, help?

1. I have had sound issues for over a year, help? - Similar Threads - sound issues help

2. Q have had Microsoft for many years and in the last two years Google took over my account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Q have had Microsoft for many years and in the last two years Google took over my account...: How can I change back to Microsoft and get rid of google? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/q-have-had-microsoft-for-many-years-and-in-the/5b4c07de-c6bc-405f-9acb-29cccb99d277
  3. Q have had Microsoft for many years and in the last two years Google took over my account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Q have had Microsoft for many years and in the last two years Google took over my account...: How can I change back to Microsoft and get rid of google? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/q-have-had-microsoft-for-many-years-and-in-the/5b4c07de-c6bc-405f-9acb-29cccb99d277
  4. I have no sound. Help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have no sound. Help!: I have no sound. I was told Windows 10 Home no longer has audio support? I am not anywhere close to being a computer guy. I have an online seminar in the morning. What do I do? Do I have to get another OS?...
  5. I have no sound. Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no sound. Help!: I have no sound. I was told Windows 10 Home no longer has audio support? I am not anywhere close to being a computer guy. I have an online seminar in the morning. What do I do? Do I have to get another OS?...
  6. I have no sound. Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. i have had my computer for around a year now and i have had this same issue for a while it...

i have had my computer for around a year now and i have had this same issue for a while it...: Every time i load up a game my computer will freeze for a minute and then crash. I have clean wiped the computer and reset windows but the issue still keeps happening. There are many issues such as the Dwminit which is a warning, Kernal-power, and driverframworke-user-mode....
  8. I have had this computer for 3 or 4 years and have tried to fix some issues without knowing...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have had this computer for 3 or 4 years and have tried to fix some issues without knowing...: would there be anyone that could help me restart my computer to factory condition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-had-this-computer-for-3-or-4-years-and-have/f37ffc56-81ff-4c46-afb2-4a70142e6783
  9. I have been a Microsoft customer for over 35 years and I have to pay for some Help???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have been a Microsoft customer for over 35 years and I have to pay for some Help???: I am trying to forward an e-mail and all the folders are not showing on top. Whats with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-been-a-microsoft-customer-for-over-35-years/281c81cc-bebe-47f6-b657-d395ec622b21"
  10. no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now

no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now: I turn the computer on and it shutdown within 2 hrs. So I decided to plug it up. I turn it back on. It said no battery detected... This the first time this happen... Can anyone help please thank you!...