Windows 10: I have had the misfortune of having a hard drive crash

Discus and support I have had the misfortune of having a hard drive crash in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had to reload windows and rebuild my alienware laptop. fs 2020 is gone. I have reinstalled everything, and have gotten into "Microsoft games" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by janetgaddy, Nov 25, 2020.

1. I have had the misfortune of having a hard drive crash

I had to reload windows and rebuild my alienware laptop. fs 2020 is gone. I have reinstalled everything, and have gotten into "Microsoft games" and in my library it shows i have purchased fs 2020, but i cannot download it again.... help????

:)

janetgaddy, Nov 25, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Nov 25, 2020
  3. little cat, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

I have had the misfortune of having a hard drive crash

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

I have had the misfortune of having a hard drive crash

1. I have had the misfortune of having a hard drive crash - Similar Threads - misfortune having hard

2. I now have had two Dell laptops have a boot error that comes back no hard drive found in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I now have had two Dell laptops have a boot error that comes back no hard drive found in...: I have an old Dell that had updates from windows 8 pro to running windows 10 and now a Dell that is about 3 years old running windows 10 both have a no hard drive found error. My oldest one is not supported by Dell. I've sent the Seagate hard drive to recover data and they...
  3. I now have had two Dell laptops have a boot error that comes back no hard drive found in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I now have had two Dell laptops have a boot error that comes back no hard drive found in...: I have an old Dell that had updates from windows 8 pro to running windows 10 and now a Dell that is about 3 years old running windows 10 both have a no hard drive found error. My oldest one is not supported by Dell. I've sent the Seagate hard drive to recover data and they...
  4. I have had to renew my hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had to renew my hard drive: Any help thanks I have had to renew my hard drive in my computer I have my windows 11 key and my office 2019 key used the usb to install windows and used my office 2019 on my computer all went well until i tried to put office key in and it said it was already on another...
  5. I have had to renew my hard drive

I have had to renew my hard drive: Any help thanks I have had to renew my hard drive in my computer I have my windows 11 key and my office 2019 key used the usb to install windows and used my office 2019 on my computer all went well until i tried to put office key in and it said it was already on another...
  6. I have an HP laptop and I had to buy an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have an HP laptop and I had to buy an external hard drive: USB3.1 was required, which I believe I have - so why, when I try to use it, do I get an error message?? The whole reason for my buying the external hard drive was to free up space - so what to do - I am absolutely disgusted!...
  7. I have a corrupted hard drive with data on it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a corrupted hard drive with data on it: I took the internal drive from my old computer and connected it to my new computer via USB. I believe I mistakenly removed the USB before safely removing it. The next time I used it Windows said that the hard drive needs repairing. So I make it repair and it's been going for...
  8. Having two hard drives.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having two hard drives.: Hello Andre. I'm here Dinuka. I couldn't tell you that in my laptop there are two hard drives as one SSD and one HDD. Will this change anything when I do a reset as you said me to do.?...
  9. I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates: I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates. The first resulted in my contacting the support desk who when trying to resolve managed to lose my office software and then argued with me that it was never there before providing another copy!...
  10. Having 2 hard drives

Having 2 hard drives: Does anyone here have 2 HDDs or 2 SSDs that they use one for the soul purpose of the OS and use the other for installing software? I'm highly considering that. Is that possible in Win10? 21663