Windows 10: I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates

Discus and support I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates. The first resulted in my contacting the support desk who when trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DougAndersonr3prod, Sep 16, 2018.

1. I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates

I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates. The first resulted in my contacting the support desk who when trying to resolve managed to lose my office software and then argued with me that it was never there before providing another copy! The more recent upgrade has managed to crash and stall my computer several times, much like the previous upgrade, and eventually when I sought advice , which I followed, the result was that not only did the upgrade still not work but I lost my music collection from an external hard drive. I have since used a recovery programme and still cannot retrieve my music although it did find other files that were deliberately removed and were never on either the external hard drives nor this computer but had been opened by this computer many years previously. I am fast coming to the conclusion that windows is a load of rubbish and like my children I should swap to I-mac! I'd be interested to find out if anyone can give me reasons to stay with windows?

:)

DougAndersonr3prod, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates

1. I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - misfortune problems last

2. I have problem with having Windows files on two disks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have problem with having Windows files on two disks.: I have 1 disk and made partition out of it. My storage on disk C: has been full and Windows has made system32 and other files like that on that partiton. Can someone help me with that, because I want to delete that partiton but I'm worried that Windows will stop working. How...
  3. I have problem with having Windows files on two disks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problem with having Windows files on two disks.: I have 1 disk and made partition out of it. My storage on disk C: has been full and Windows has made system32 and other files like that on that partiton. Can someone help me with that, because I want to delete that partiton but I'm worried that Windows will stop working. How...
  4. I have problem with having Windows files on two disks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Photos; I'm having problems over the last two days;

Photos; I'm having problems over the last two days;: Firstly I have lost the 'On this day' facility - at 87 it has been a daily 'must view' task as a happy reminder of days gone by.Secondly When trying to SHARE photos - clicking on the appropriate Contact doesn't work, and going onto Mail,- the screene gives a flash of blue and...
  6. Photos; I'm having problems over the last two days;

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos; I'm having problems over the last two days;: Firstly I have lost the 'On this day' facility - at 87 it has been a daily 'must view' task as a happy reminder of days gone by.Secondly When trying to SHARE photos - clicking on the appropriate Contact doesn't work, and going onto Mail,- the screene gives a flash of blue and...
  7. After the last Windows 10 update, have keyboard problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After the last Windows 10 update, have keyboard problems.: Home key deletes whole row of text. 3=/3, enter key=x. and other keys aren't right. How can I fix this?Thanks,Sharon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-last-windows-10-update-have-keyboard/0e40702b-9272-41a2-8b89-96f43b090eca
  8. After the last Windows 10 update, have keyboard problems.

After the last Windows 10 update, have keyboard problems.: Home key deletes whole row of text. 3=/3, enter key=x. and other keys aren't right. How can I fix this?Thanks,Sharon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-last-windows-10-update-have-keyboard/0e40702b-9272-41a2-8b89-96f43b090eca
  9. I have had the misfortune of having a hard drive crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had the misfortune of having a hard drive crash: I had to reload windows and rebuild my alienware laptop. fs 2020 is gone. I have reinstalled everything, and have gotten into "Microsoft games" and in my library it shows i have purchased fs 2020, but i cannot download it again.... help????...
  10. I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.: Two problems 1. I use cut and paste a lot and though this works with the paste element, it does not cut. 2. This one is more irritating, I use Windows Photos as my default viewer and a picture will open but will no longer move to the other images in my folder, the arrow...