Windows 10: I have had this computer for 3 or 4 years and have tried to fix some issues without knowing...

Discus and support I have had this computer for 3 or 4 years and have tried to fix some issues without knowing... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; would there be anyone that could help me restart my computer to factory condition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RogerMallie, Oct 17, 2019.

1. I have had this computer for 3 or 4 years and have tried to fix some issues without knowing...

would there be anyone that could help me restart my computer to factory condition

:)

RogerMallie, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Oct 17, 2019
  3. MHM CFS Win User
    Wake from sleep issue

Well I tried the suggested solutions but nothing worked. The four fixes were:
    • 1) To Enable or Disable Lock Screen using Group Policy
    • 2) To Enable or Disable Lock Screen using a REG file
    • 3) To Disable Lock Screen using a Task
    • 4) To Disable Lock Screen using Security Policy Rule
    Fixes 1 & 4 are only available for Win 10 Enterprise, Education and Server editions so they are not available to me. Tried fixes 2 & 3 but neither worked. There is a suggestion that with build 16170 the registry fix will be available to all editions of Win 10 but I wouldn't bet on it. Anyone have a way to fix this?

MHM CFS, Oct 17, 2019
  4. I have had this computer for 3 or 4 years and have tried to fix some issues without knowing...

Automatic Power off 3-4 times while booting

Hello Buhari,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then try to shut down.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    run in-built Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X.

2. Click on Control Panel.

3. Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on View All.

4. Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings.

Follow the steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X.

2. Select Command Prompt (Admin).

3. At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
    ENTER.

4. At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.

5. Restart the computer and check with the issue.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

I have had this computer for 3 or 4 years and have tried to fix some issues without knowing...

1. I have had this computer for 3 or 4 years and have tried to fix some issues without knowing... - Similar Threads - computer years tried

2. I have 3 white dots and don’t know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 3 white dots and don’t know how to fix it: Hello, I have 3 white dots and a white line on my screen with red x through it, wat is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-3-white-dots-and-dont-know-how-to-fix-it/dbad65a0-264b-4532-821d-7e93ce631853
  3. I have 3 white dots and don’t know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 3 white dots and don’t know how to fix it: Hello, I have 3 white dots and a white line on my screen with red x through it, wat is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-3-white-dots-and-dont-know-how-to-fix-it/dbad65a0-264b-4532-821d-7e93ce631853
  4. i have had my computer for around a year now and i have had this same issue for a while it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i have had my computer for around a year now and i have had this same issue for a while it...: Every time i load up a game my computer will freeze for a minute and then crash. I have clean wiped the computer and reset windows but the issue still keeps happening. There are many issues such as the Dwminit which is a warning, Kernal-power, and driverframworke-user-mode....
  5. Trying to activate windows but I have some issues.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to activate windows but I have some issues.: Ok so, basically. I am trying to activate Windows after using bootcamp on my imac 2015 and I was wondering if I was able to activate windows with the SSD from my old Windows computer. I also tried using things like ProduKey and that kind of thing but nothing worked and it was...
  6. I have had sound issues for over a year, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have had sound issues for over a year, help?: So my sound is so sporadic. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it doesn't work at all. Sometimes it doesn't work on start up, but 10 minutes in it works. It's usually just a thing where if it is not working I can do some basic things to get it going again, like sliding the...
  7. I have had these issues for months and I have tried many "fixes" and none have worked. This...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have had these issues for months and I have tried many "fixes" and none have worked. This...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Trollz456 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e63qqm/i_have_had_these_issues_for_months_and_i_have/
  8. Having Some Issues, I've Tried Everything

Having Some Issues, I've Tried Everything: Last month, I was having driver issues. I uninstalled and reinstalled the correct audio driver and everything was fine. But the next day, I got on and my mic wasn't being picked up nor any audio for that matter if I recall. So I uninstalled the audio driver once again and...
  9. I have glaucoma and have lost some vision. Computer just had to change the HD and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have glaucoma and have lost some vision. Computer just had to change the HD and...: Customer Service, I am so frustrated with the new small fonts on the taskbar, pop up help boxes and the text on tabs on windows 10 for bookmarks. I had no problems with the way it was before everything was reinstalled. Computers help people who are blind with sound. Why...
  10. no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now

no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now: I turn the computer on and it shutdown within 2 hrs. So I decided to plug it up. I turn it back on. It said no battery detected... This the first time this happen... Can anyone help please thank you!...