Windows 10: I have high FPS but my games still don't run smooth and they feel laggy

Discus and support I have high FPS but my games still don't run smooth and they feel laggy in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been experiencing a problem with my gameplay. For example I'm playing Fortnite and I usually cap my FPS to 60 because I have a 60hz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarioStanoychev, Feb 24, 2019.

1. I have high FPS but my games still don't run smooth and they feel laggy

Hello, I have been experiencing a problem with my gameplay. For example I'm playing Fortnite and I usually cap my FPS to 60 because I have a 60hz monitor and it doesn't go any lower, but my game is still feeling like 30 fps. I don't understand where the problem is coming from. I reinstalled my PC, a clean reinstall. I've tried many Nvidia Control Panel Settings, V-Sync, even bought a new monitor, still didn't work. I'm downloading the latest drivers every time. My computer specifications: Intel Core i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz, GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 8 RAM, 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor. If someone knows a solution, please help.

:)

MarioStanoychev, Feb 24, 2019
  2. wurzyy Win User

High FPS (60+), games are not smooth

Hello everyone.

I recently fresh installed Windows 10. However, despite having 60-300 FPS in all my games they don't feel smooth at all. I notice it more when playing First-Person Shooters. There are also random Audio interruptions (1 second or so) where the sound completely
    disappears.

My system specs are:

GPU : GTX 1060 6GB OC STRIX

CPU : I5 6600K

MOBO : GYGABYTE Z170 HD3P

PSU : XFX 550w BRONZE+

RAM : 2x8 (3200) Corsair Vengeance

HDD : Western Digital 1TB HDD (7200)

Monitor : VX248H (1 ms)

I was running other OSs before and the games worked just fine, no stuttering. I'm certain it's not an hardware issue, since they worked quite well before I installed Windows 10. The disk does not seem damaged.

I've tried:

- Reinstalling Graphics driver (clean install)

- Rollbacking Graphics driver

- Disabling DVR

- Disabling Game Mode

- Disabling Game Bar

- Uninstalling XBOX related software

- Disabling Windows Defender

- SFC /scannow

- Uninstalling Razer Synapse

- Disabling every startup process (except Microsoft related processes)

- VSync ON / OFF (forced in the Graphics Driver)

- FPS capping (60/61/65/70)

- Making sure the native resolution is 1920x1080(60FPS) both in the Graphics Driver and in-game

- Updating Realtek Audio Driver

- Lowering in-game settings (even on minimum the problem persists)

- CCleaner on both Registry and Files

- MalwareBytes scan

- Game Uninstall / Repair

Again, it shouldn't be an issue on the hardware, but at this point, after 2 days of troubleshooting, I'm all open-minded.

Please I beg you, can anyone help me?

Thank you so much in advance.

wurzyy, Feb 24, 2019
  3. CPU and GPU usage high, fps drop on games

Hi. I usually have around 100fps at Player Unknown Battlegrounds and my CPU usage is normal. From a month or so I get fps drops like 50-100fps and game feels laggy.

Also, when I open the task manager the CPU and GPU usage is really high around 90, 80% and then suddently drops to normal values like 5%.

I checked http://www.file.net/process/igfxupdate.exe.html but it doesn't resolve it.

I noticed that a service svhost is very high on usage, what can I do?

Thanks in advance.

AntónioAires, Feb 24, 2019
  4. I have high FPS but my games still don't run smooth and they feel laggy

FPS in gaming

Hello again,

So i've created 2 plans one with high performance and one with power saver

I went on a custom match the game is League of Legends (LoL) so i went on a custom match with high performance the fps first was 45 then 55,68,75,80 that is the max, but when i tried with power saver it was even more worst under 40 fps,

with high performance is kinda ok but it will destroy my laptop battery and i just bought it yesterday i gave a lot of money on this laptop + is gaming laptop and at least my fps should be 100 or over without my charger plugged in because when my laptop
    is charging the fps is over 100.

Could you please help me somehow fix this, it will mean a lot to me

Thank you for your attention

ilkoborisov, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

I have high FPS but my games still don't run smooth and they feel laggy

1. I have high FPS but my games still don't run smooth and they feel laggy - Similar Threads - high FPS games

2. My games not running smoothly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games not running smoothly.: I have lenovo ideapad 5 pro with amd ryzen 5000 series series 7, 16 gb ram and nvidia geforce gtx 1650. So, my games used to run very smoothly and suddenly started lagging and since then no improvement. I also checked my nvidia is also updated and game settings also looks...
  3. My games not running smoothly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games not running smoothly.: I have lenovo ideapad 5 pro with amd ryzen 5000 series series 7, 16 gb ram and nvidia geforce gtx 1650. So, my games used to run very smoothly and suddenly started lagging and since then no improvement. I also checked my nvidia is also updated and game settings also looks...
  4. Laggy computer but high fps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laggy computer but high fps: my cursor jumps around and videos look laggy when on anything, when i play games it says i run them at 100fps+ but they look laggy. only a couple games look okgtx 970, i7 4790, 16gb ram...
  5. Laggy computer but high fps

Laggy computer but high fps: my cursor jumps around and videos look laggy when on anything, when i play games it says i run them at 100fps+ but they look laggy. only a couple games look okgtx 970, i7 4790, 16gb ram...
  6. Fps drop feel laggy and stutter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop feel laggy and stutter.: Using geforce experience, instant fps is fine, my 99% fps drops sometimes and my game stutters. I cannot find any fix, does anyone know how to fix this problem?I'll reset my pc change os but problem still happening in every game and ideal use ex. Browsing or only move mouse....
  7. Fps drop feel laggy and stutter.

Fps drop feel laggy and stutter.: Using geforce experience, instant fps is fine, my 99% fps drops sometimes and my game stutters. I cannot find any fix, does anyone know how to fix this problem?I'll reset my pc change os but problem still happening in every game and ideal use ex. Browsing or only move mouse....
  8. Games do not feels smooth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games do not feels smooth: So, the problem is that there is no smoothness during the game 60+ FPS feels like 45, the cursor feels too jerky feels not smoothly, as if there is an input lag, but sometimes I feel like the game is going very smoothly, what can it depend on? I don't have any programs...
  9. Games don't feels smooth enough

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games don't feels smooth enough: So, the problem is that there is no smoothness during the game 60+ FPS feels like 45, the cursor feels too jerky feels not smoothly, as if there is an input lag, but sometimes I feel like the game is going very smoothly, what can it depend on? I don't have any programs...
  10. FPS in fullscreen games feels low but is high?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS in fullscreen games feels low but is high?: Recently I got a new PC which I have had almost no problems with. I get decent FPS in most games however when I use fullscreen, my FPS stays stable, but the game looks like it's stuttering and lagging when I'm not getting any FPS drops or ping spikes. This doesn't happen in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. high fps but game is laggy and cpu isnt used much

2. high fps but game is laggy

3. games feel laggy at 60fps

4. games feeling laggy with high fps,
  5. high fps but not smooth amd,
  6. my games feel laggy,
  7. my games have high fps but dont feel smooth,
  8. high fps but games feel laggy