Windows 10: i have hyper v enabled why do i have 2 hyper v ethernet switches ???

Discus and support i have hyper v enabled why do i have 2 hyper v ethernet switches ??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so windows asked me the other day to reboot to configure ethernet switch for hyper v I thought was kind of strange, as well I did that when I first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tonyb, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Tonyb Win User

i have hyper v enabled why do i have 2 hyper v ethernet switches ???

so windows asked me the other day to reboot to configure ethernet switch for hyper v I thought was kind of strange, as well I did that when I first setup , but it asked so I rebooted and to my surprise I have 2 Ethernet hyper v switches making a total of three with my WI-FI one. what is the purpose of this.? should there not be only one hyper v switch and one hyper v Wi-Fi one. I uninstalled hyper v reinstalled it and it just comes back. is this like the new normal?. or is something wired going on ??

i have hyper v enabled why do i have 2 hyper v ethernet switches ??? [​IMG]

:)

Tonyb, Sep 30, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Hyper V

Hyper-V is either installed or not installed. It cannot be disabled.

After I was done experimenting with Hyper-V I deleted my VM and uninstalled Hyper-V. Poof, gone.

Hyper-V worked fine for me, but I still prefer VMWare. Hyper-V works best with Ethernet; it's trickier with WiFi.

BulldogXX, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Hyper-V

That's the problem that I cannot find Hyper-V in Windows Features list, hence I am not able to turn it on or off.

NarekGrigoryan, Sep 30, 2020
  4. 'Mike P Win User

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

1. i have hyper v enabled why do i have 2 hyper v ethernet switches ??? - Similar Threads - hyper enabled why

2. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  3. Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking: I can find the dialog to enable the Hyper-V Extensible Switch for my network card but when I say OK then it says: "Your current selection will also disable the following features: Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch" Yes or No Either way the selection becomes...
  4. HYPER-V and ESXI Kari - have you tried this

HYPER-V and ESXI Kari - have you tried this: Hi there has anybody especially @Kari tried creating an ESXI VM on HYPER-V and then attaching VM's to the Esxi VM. I'd imagine if possible the response time would be quite good as Esxi is such a TINY OS. Running esxi as a VM would also get round some of its pickier...
  5. Why is there no reboot option in Hyper-V?

Why is there no reboot option in Hyper-V?: All I see when I right click my servers is "reset" and there is no reboot option. Reset isn't the same, right? So how can I reboot as opposed to resetting? 72397
  6. Clarification on Hyper-V

Clarification on Hyper-V: I see that Windows 10 Pro includes Hyper-V. If enabled, would this work on a client system much the same way as VMWare Player, VirtualBox, etc? I'm very familiar with both of those hypervisors, but have never used the Microsoft offering, and I'm just looking for...
  7. Hyper-V no sound

Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  8. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  9. Hyper-V & Win10 #2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V & Win10 #2: Is there a way to create a Desktop shortcut to the Hyper-V Windows 10 Client so when I double click it I launch Windows 10 under Hyper-V? I've seen suggestions for Powershell and VB scripts, none of which I could get to work. 2338
  10. Hyper-V & Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V & Win10: I decided to install Win10 in a Virtual Machine and settled on Hyper-V. I'm using the setup now to create this thread. There were a few hurdles to get over. 1) Hyper-V needed to be added to my Win8 install Program & Features-> Turn on Windows features->Hyper-V When...