Windows 10: i have IE11 disabled--why are there still...

Discus and support i have IE11 disabled--why are there still... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; i have disabled IE11 in 'turn windows features on or off". when i run ccleaner, it still shows new temp internet files and spybot finds tracking... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by circe801, Aug 21, 2016.

1. circe801 Win User

i have IE11 disabled--why are there still...

i have disabled IE11 in 'turn windows features on or off". when i run ccleaner, it still shows new temp internet files and spybot finds tracking cookies--every time i run them. i even tried re-enabling IE and disabling all features from within--then turning it off once again. still finds same things. why is this? i NEVER use edge, but i understand it still collects information from my use of other browsers. can anyone explain either/both to me? thanks!!

:)

circe801, Aug 21, 2016

2. Why I can't open '.pdf' files in secure websites

Hi thanks for the prompt response. I have in fact disabled Adobe Reader add-ons already but it still doesn't open PDF files. Yes using IE11. Also, I have tried Firefox and can open PDF's ok it's just when using IE11 as my browser that it doesn't

TerenceCNock, Aug 21, 2016
  3. How to use IE11 and disable Edge?

No need to disable edge. U can use both IE11 and edge. And can you tell why I don't want to use edge ?

Aryaman_Kumar, Aug 21, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

I think IE, finding its directory empty, automatically sets up some default whatchamacallits that show up in that directory you're speaking of.

RolandJS, Aug 21, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    IE and probably to some extent Edge are quite intermingled with the OS and would have to be completely uninstalled to prevent what the question is about. In Control Panel is the applet Internet Options, probably would have to also remove that. When I've run a diagnostic it comes to a point where it prompts to close Edge [was not visibly open] and IE [also not visibly open], indicates some parts of both are running in the background. And Cortana/Search is involved. Aah, for the good-old-days of DOS.

Berton, Aug 21, 2016
  6. DMGrier Win User
    It boils down to that many parts to Internet Explorer are apart of key components of your operating system, you can remove the feature but aspects of IE remain.

DMGrier, Aug 21, 2016
  7. Mystere Win User
    Using Programs and Features to remove IE only removes the UI, it does not remove the IE engine, which is used by other tools like Office, Quicken, etc.. Any tool that uses the IE engine to render HTML will cause these to be created.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. i have IE11 disabled--why are there still... - Similar Threads - IE11 disabled why

2. Why am I having still 22H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I having still 22H2?: I have installed Win11 this January and am constantly getting updates on monthly basis.Yet when I typed winver in cmd I see 22H2 version instead 23H something latest should be H2What is going on?...
  3. Why am I having still 22H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I having still 22H2?: I have installed Win11 this January and am constantly getting updates on monthly basis.Yet when I typed winver in cmd I see 22H2 version instead 23H something latest should be H2What is going on?...
  4. Why is Cortana still running and how do I disable it permanently?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Cortana still running and how do I disable it permanently?: My PC is using Windows 10 Education, which disables most in-built telemetry and data collection. In settings, anything related to Cortana is off. However, Focus Assist in the Action Center uses Cortana, and in Task Manager there is a Cortana process. Is this to be expected...
  5. Removing/disabling IE11

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing/disabling IE11: Hey everyone, Quick question. I've been cleaning up my Windows 10, and just removing browsers that I don't use daily (I was able to move from Chrome to Edge completely), and I was wondering what might break (if anything) if I remove IE11 (through the "Turn Windows features...
  6. I have Cortana disabled yet it is still using CPU strenuously.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I have Cortana disabled yet it is still using CPU strenuously.: I have Cortana disable via the registry hack; yet task manager is reporting that Cortana is largely robbing the CPU percentage and pegging my CPU at times to its limits. If I understand correctly, the Cortana and Search feature are combined; but I wasn't even using the...
  7. Disabling Pinch Zoom in IE11 on a Touchscreen

in Browsers and Email
    Disabling Pinch Zoom in IE11 on a Touchscreen: Current OS: Windows 10 IOTx64bit - LTSB2016 Hi, I'm still having trouble disabling the Pinch to Zoom in Internet Explorer 11 We are not using Synpatics so the option to change the "Device Settings" in control panel is not there. I've tried changing the registry to...
  8. ie11

in Browsers and Email
    ie11: I installed win10 preview 10162,everything fine until I noticed no bookmarks/favorites folder or I wasn't looking in the right places(s). On the start/all programs /windows accessories there was ie so I added it to the desktop clicked on it to preview my favorites and now I...
  9. Why is the disabled Cortana still running ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is the disabled Cortana still running ?: Hi there I have disabled Cortana but it still runs in the background. [img] Anyone know why ? and can it be disabled completely ? zoo 24943
  10. Do I still have to disable fast boot and secureboot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I still have to disable fast boot and secureboot?: Hallo Just moved from eightforums to tenforums. I will install Windows 10 from a DVD, not USB. Do I still have to disable fast boot and secureboot? If yes, I cannot find disabling secureboot in the Bios of my mainboard Asus Maximus VIII Ranger (from the handbook text; I am...