Windows 10: I have inherited a Recycler folder that I cannot remove

Discus and support I have inherited a Recycler folder that I cannot remove in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have created a bit of a quandary for myself; it's almost as if I have contracted a virus of my own doing. I was inspecting some files from an old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rick Altman, Nov 9, 2017.

1. I have inherited a Recycler folder that I cannot remove

Hi, I have created a bit of a quandary for myself; it's almost as if I have contracted a virus of my own doing. I was inspecting some files from an old flash drive and so I copied them to my "junk" drive on my desktop. However, I inadvertently included the Recycler folder from the flash drive, and now I cannot remove it or any of the files contained therein. I have tried the following things:

1. Choose As Administrator during the deletion process -- I am told to remove the write protection.
    2. Reboot in Safe Mode -- the Recycler folder is not visible.
    3. Change attributes to be read/writeable. No luck.

We're just talking about four small files in one of those S-1-5-etc. folders under Recycler, but still, it kind of offends me that it is there and that I can't seem to do anything about it.

Any ideas?

Rick A.
    Pleasanton CA

:)

Rick Altman, Nov 9, 2017
  2. Ken Blake Win User

I have inherited a PC. How do I remove the original users details and insert mine?

If I acquired a used computer, no matter how I got it or who previously owned it, the first thing I would do with it would be to reinstall the operating

system cleanly. You have no idea how the computer has been maintained,

what has been installed incorrectly, what is missing, what viruses and

spyware there may be, etc. I wouldn't want to live with somebody

else's mistakes and problems, possibility of kiddy ****, etc., and I

wouldn't recommend that anyone else do so either.

Your choice of course, but in my view, you're playing with fire if you

don't reinstall Windows cleanly.

Ken Blake, Nov 9, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    I have inherited a PC. How do I remove the original users details and insert mine?

When you receive a computer from someone else, whatever the circumstances, the first thing to do is to erase the hard drive and perform a clean install of the operating system. That's the only way to be certain that your computer is free of configuration
    mistakes and malware.

BulldogXX, Nov 9, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

I have inherited a Recycler folder that I cannot remove

Try command prompt (admin) and type -
    RD /S /Q <Path of the Folder> or DEL /F /Q /A <File Path> (single file)

eg: RD /S /Q C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\JunkFolder

mrgeek, Nov 9, 2017
  5. Thank you very much, Mr. Geek. Simultaneous to your suggestion, I was also advised to simply drag the Recycler folder to the Desktop icon. I never would have thought to do that, but it worked! Sometimes it's the simplest things...

Rick Altman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I have inherited a Recycler folder that I cannot remove

1. I have inherited a Recycler folder that I cannot remove - Similar Threads - inherited Recycler folder

2. I have a logitech driver that I cannot remove, it is the cause to not be able to have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a logitech driver that I cannot remove, it is the cause to not be able to have...: Would a Windows Reset help in this situation? I do not want to loose my files, folders, Installed programs, but I would like a complete driver reset/uninstal to get rid of things like that logitech leftover....
  3. I have a logitech driver that I cannot remove, it is the cause to not be able to have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a logitech driver that I cannot remove, it is the cause to not be able to have...: Would a Windows Reset help in this situation? I do not want to loose my files, folders, Installed programs, but I would like a complete driver reset/uninstal to get rid of things like that logitech leftover....
  4. Why is folder inheritance not being followed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is folder inheritance not being followed?: I have folders that sometimes do not follow the parent folders inheritance. Sometimes it works other times it does not.I have seem questions from 2012 asking the same, but without answerDoes anyone have a solution?Windows 2012...
  5. Why is folder inheritance not being followed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is folder inheritance not being followed?: I have folders that sometimes do not follow the parent folders inheritance. Sometimes it works other times it does not.I have seem questions from 2012 asking the same, but without answerDoes anyone have a solution?Windows 2012...
  6. I have Shared Folder How can I associate this folder with Windows local recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have Shared Folder How can I associate this folder with Windows local recycle bin?: I have Shared Folder How can I associate this folder with Windows local recycle bin?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-shared-folder-how-can-i-associate-this/2e4fedb0-3d24-4041-9363-aec591439c69
  7. how do i find the recycle folder?

how do i find the recycle folder?: how do i find the recycle folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-the-recycle-folder/78643de1-f22a-4ce3-941e-a001cd0eff29
  8. I HAVE INHERITED MY UNCLES COMPUTER.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I HAVE INHERITED MY UNCLES COMPUTER.: I HAVE INHERITED MY UNCLES COMPUTER. Can I use his micorsoft account and change it to my details https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-inherited-my-uncles-computer/923549e8-301f-4028-a8af-d8d25ac9d629"
  9. Files and Folders Permissions Inherited

Files and Folders Permissions Inherited: So with windows 7, if i had an external drive D:\ with read and execute only permissions for user X, and these permission were inherited from the drive D:\ if user X opened the drive, selected a folder on the drive and right clicked, there would be a UAC symbol by DELETE,...
  10. Cannot remove a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot remove a folder: Hello, Recently I had some remote assistance to my computer, after all finished, I found in the program files directory a folder named "CMAK". I am trying to remove it but nothing works, not even in command prompt as admin. Each time I touch it, in the task manager...