Windows 10: I have installed both an HP and a Canon all in one system and am unable to scan, I get the...

Discus and support I have installed both an HP and a Canon all in one system and am unable to scan, I get the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have changed all permissions on these folders and still get the same errors. I have checked the web for these errors and they seem to be extremely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gsamermgs, Apr 5, 2019.

1. gsamermgs Win User

I have installed both an HP and a Canon all in one system and am unable to scan, I get the...

I have changed all permissions on these folders and still get the same errors.
    I have checked the web for these errors and they seem to be extremely common.
    I have not changed any folder permissions other than those listed above.
    I worked almost 8 hours with HP support and they could not resolve this.
    Any suggestions?

:)

gsamermgs, Apr 5, 2019

2. Canon MG4250 can print but not scan documents on Windows 10

Thanks, Pawan. I have installed the latest version (26.1.16), but I still cannot scan.

I have looked at the Canon website, and there is a long list under "Canon Printer Diagnostic Utility", many of them free. Which one would you suggest that I download?

Colin

ColinJannaway, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Unable to scan from HP J4850 on Windows 10

Hi Dick Hazel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with scanning on Windows 10 do let us know the following:

• What exactly do you mean by: will not Scan from the PC?
    • Is this issue specific to any particular document?
    • What exactly happens when you try to scan, were you able to see any error message?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all
      and select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Advanced and then click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall and manually install the drivers for your device and check if it help.

Steps to uninstall from Device Manager.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in Run window to open
      Device Manager window.
    • Under Print queues, right click on the printer and
      uninstall.

Refer:
    HP Office jet J4580 All-in-One Printer - Software and Drivers
    to install the driver.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 5, 2019
  4. I have installed both an HP and a Canon all in one system and am unable to scan, I get the...

Windows 10 HP Officejet Pro 8620 Will not print

Sure does sound like something is "broken" on this Win10 system after the upgrade.

If it were my system, I guess my approach would be, in order:
    • Try the Canon printer (cannot hurt)
    • Contact HP (even if there's a cost involved)
    • Consider the more drastic, nuclear options, such as repairing or clean reinstalling Win10

Others may have more helpful suggestions.

I hope you get it fixed,

MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

I have installed both an HP and a Canon all in one system and am unable to scan, I get the...

1. I have installed both an HP and a Canon all in one system and am unable to scan, I get the... - Similar Threads - installed both Canon

2. i am trying to reset my hp pavillion all in one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am trying to reset my hp pavillion all in one: keeps going back to recovery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-reset-my-hp-pavillion-all-in-one/9cab16b7-0514-47d1-8dfe-c29dbaae3573
  3. i am trying to reset my hp pavillion all in one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am trying to reset my hp pavillion all in one: keeps going back to recovery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-reset-my-hp-pavillion-all-in-one/9cab16b7-0514-47d1-8dfe-c29dbaae3573
  4. i am trying to reset my hp pavillion all in one

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to scan on Canon mx432 printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to scan on Canon mx432 printer: My Canon mx432 printer is offline. When I try to uncheck the "printer offline" box, it won't let me uncheck it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-scan-on-canon-mx432-printer/c89ff4ba-b8c3-404c-a816-90f5c4287a24
  6. I am unable to install Airprint.I am getting this error message

I am unable to install Airprint.I am getting this error message: escription: Stopped working Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: airprint_installer.exe Problem Signature 02: 1.3.0.0 Problem Signature 03: 4cf0a847 Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.VisualBasic Problem Signature 05: 8.0.0.0 Problem Signature...
  7. Unable to scan from my Canon MG5760 all in one printer.

Unable to scan from my Canon MG5760 all in one printer.: I can't scan form my Canon MG5760 all in one printer to my Laptop with Windows 10. I get an error message - Set the PC to start scan. How do I do this please?...
  8. I have new canon all in one copier.

I have new canon all in one copier.: when I try to scan a photo it does but also includes a white background I cant seem to get rid of https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-new-canon-all-in-one-copier/66c23e98-7b81-4a9b-9423-fc937bfeb375
  9. I am unable to scan from my canon MG4250

I am unable to scan from my canon MG4250: I am unable to scan from my canon MG4250 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-am-unable-to-scan-from-my-canon-mg4250/64c1be9e-ce33-4506-b2d7-1261b95e0aca
  10. Unable to scan on not admin account on CANON i-sensys MF8540

Unable to scan on not admin account on CANON i-sensys MF8540: The problem with communication between device Canon i-sensys and application MFToolBox on Windows 10P. When the user start scanning on the device or on the app MFTollBox the device does not take any action when user is log on as not administrator account but when user is...