Windows 10: I have installed Linux formating all partitions of Windows 10

Discus and support I have installed Linux formating all partitions of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have installed Linux for one class work and by mistake I deleted the entire hard drive. How can I reinstall Windows 10 in UEFI?! Thanks!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pablomaestre santa, Oct 16, 2018.

1. I have installed Linux formating all partitions of Windows 10

Hi, I have installed Linux for one class work and by mistake I deleted the entire hard drive.

How can I reinstall Windows 10 in UEFI?!

Thanks!! Pablo.

:)

pablomaestre santa, Oct 16, 2018

2. Installing Windows Vista/7 on a GUID Partition Table

I've never tried multiple partitions so this is a shot in the dark...

At step #10, I would try setting the size parameter (it is in mebibytes) to how large you want the partition windows is installed on to be, then go ahead and install windows. This will leave the rest of the drive raw instead of consuming it into the OS partition (C drive). Once you successfully boot into Windows, you should be able to use Computer Management -> Disk Management to create partitions in the raw space.

If you really wanted to do it with diskpart before Windows is installed, you basically repeat the following lines making sure to specify a size if you don't want it to consume all remaining space:
    • create partition primary size=size in mebibytes here
    • format quick fs=ntfs label="appropriate name here"
    • assign letter=C thru Z here
    Obviously, you can use quick formatting or leave it out for full format. Leave off the size parameter when you reach the final partition that should consume all the remaining space. Also remember that the order you do this in goes from the outside of the disk (where it is fastest) to the inside of the disk (where it is slowest). Because of this, it is recommended to put EFI (e.g. size=300), then MSR (e.g. size=300), then Windows (e.g. size=30000), then Applications (e.g. size=70000), then Storage (e.g. no size parameter).

If I'm right, the above example would look like this:
    • diskpart
    • list disk
    • select disk <id>
    • online disk
    • attributes disk clear readonly
    • clean
    • convert gpt
    • create partition efi size=300
    • create partition msr size=300
    • create partition primary size=30000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Windows"
    • assign letter=C
    • create partition primary size=70000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Applications"
    • assign letter=D
    • create partition primary
    • format fs=ntfs label="Storage"
    • assign letter=E
    • exit

FordGT90Concept, Oct 17, 2018
  3. DeNeDe Win User
    HDD partitions format

Used a tool from the list and it worked..
    Install won't start if windows can't recognize the partitions.

DeNeDe, Oct 17, 2018
  4. areamike Win User

I have installed Linux formating all partitions of Windows 10

Partition SSD during windows 10 install

During the Windows 10 install you will have the option to Format the drive. Once you do that, you can click the 'New" button with the drive selected and create a new partition on the SSD. And then format it is it requires it. Which I think it does. It's been a little while since I've done it.
    google is your friend too.

areamike, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

I have installed Linux formating all partitions of Windows 10

1. I have installed Linux formating all partitions of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - installed Linux formating

2. 'Windows could not format a partition' when installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Windows could not format a partition' when installing: I corrupted my main partition so I'm reinstalling Windows 7 from an ISO burned to a flash drive in Rufus. I clicked 'Custom' then the main partition, and saw 'Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing a partition selected for...
  3. 'Windows could not format a partition' when installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Windows could not format a partition' when installing: I corrupted my main partition so I'm reinstalling Windows 7 from an ISO burned to a flash drive in Rufus. I clicked 'Custom' then the main partition, and saw 'Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing a partition selected for...
  4. Windows Installation: Cannot Format/Delete Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installation: Cannot Format/Delete Partition: I wanted to reinstall windows 10 because my pc become unusable like, "System Service Exception BSOD " Too many errors on event viewer. And I got this problem that I cannot explain. english is not my first language First thing I do when I notice this problem is when I...
  5. Windows Installation: Cannot Format/Delete Partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Installation: Cannot Format/Delete Partition: I wanted to reinstall windows 10 because my pc become unusable like, "System Service Exception BSOD " Too many errors on event viewer. And I got this problem that I cannot explain. english is not my first language First thing I do when I notice this problem is when I...
  6. Windows Installation: Cannot Format/Delete Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Destroyed macOS, Linux Partition by Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Destroyed macOS, Linux Partition by Windows Installation: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ritzcarltn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jv19dj/destroyed_macos_linux_partition_by_windows/
  8. Windows 10 fails to boot after installing Linux alongside the partition.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 fails to boot after installing Linux alongside the partition.: After I installed Manjaro Linux alongside the Windows 10 partition on my C drive, I haven't been able to boot into Windows. For some odd reason, Windows is being listed in both sda1 and sdb1 which I have tried booting from. Instead of launching properly I get 1 of these...
  9. Installed Linux in windows partition!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed Linux in windows partition!: Helllo guys, I have installed linux for college purposes. While doing so I've chosen the wrong partition and installed in main windows drive. Now when I try to boot it up, "Advanced repair options" comes up and i'm unable to get the windows back. Please help me to get...
  10. format partition before installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    format partition before installation: Hi there, I did a clean install of windows 10 (previously i had windows 7 64 bit) and when asked me where to install windows 10 there were the options 1) the partition where i had windows 7 110 gb ssd and 2) system reserved ~100 mb. I want to know if there is a problem or...