Windows 10: I have installed windows 10 in Legacy boot instead of UEFI

Discus and support I have installed windows 10 in Legacy boot instead of UEFI in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'd like to change it to UEFI because it boot faster than legacy. But whenever i change it it shows no bootable device. Also i would like to ask what's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Load, May 7, 2016.

1. Load Win User

I have installed windows 10 in Legacy boot instead of UEFI

I'd like to change it to UEFI because it boot faster than legacy. But whenever i change it it shows no bootable device. Also i would like to ask what's the difference between the two

:)

Load, May 7, 2016
  2. aakkam22 Win User

Windows 10 UEFI BIOS

It looks like your hardware supports both the new firmware standard (UEFI), and the old firmware standard (Legacy or BIOS).

Based on your description, it seems that Windows 10 was installed in UEFI mode. Legacy firmware can't see UEFI, and that's why when you enter Legacy, you can't see the newer, UEFI-based Windows 10.

The solution? Reinstall Windows 10 using legacy boot instead of UEFI.

aakkam22, May 7, 2016
  3. a-manxs Win User
    Converting Windows Legacy BIOS installation to UEFI for Windows 10

Old title: windows 10

Hello sir I have recently installed windows 10 on my Lenovo g500s in legacy mode but now i want it to boot from uefi mode. Can i change boot order from legacy to uefi without reinstalling windows or losing data? Plz sir help me figure this out because legacy
    mode boots very slow.

a-manxs, May 7, 2016
  4. pcgeek11 Win User
  5. dskiller Win User
    just converting the drive to GPT wont make the system boot in uefi mode. because windows will still use legacy winload and unless you change the boot loader to use winload.efi.

dskiller, May 7, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    One thing that is not a difference is that it won't boot any faster. Maybe a fraction of one second at most. The biggest difference is the number and size of partitions that you can have on one disk/SSD.

NavyLCDR, May 8, 2016
  7. Load Win User
    Thank you for your replies, are there any features of windows 10 that wont be available in legacy? because it says that it is recommended to boot in uefi than legacy in windows 8-10.

Load, May 8, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

You don't lose any features of Windows.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I have installed windows 10 in Legacy boot instead of UEFI - Similar Threads - installed Legacy boot

2. Legacy Boot vs Standard Boot in Windows 10 UEFI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Legacy Boot vs Standard Boot in Windows 10 UEFI: In a device UEFI with two Windows 10 installations one clear the other bitlocker encrypted I noticed a difference in the boot sequence and boot time if the boot is changed from standard to legacy using bcdedit.With standard boot you have the new graphics and the boot sequence...
  3. Legacy or uefi boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy or uefi boot?: I tried reinstalling windows again onto my hdd because i moved my linux distro from that hdd onto my main ssd. the ssd booted originally i belive with legacy mode, but with the hdd bootting with the new installi gets stuck in "getting ready" I believe the bios used to be...
  4. Legacy or uefi boot?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Legacy or uefi boot?: I tried reinstalling windows again onto my hdd because i moved my linux distro from that hdd onto my main ssd. the ssd booted originally i belive with legacy mode, but with the hdd bootting with the new installi gets stuck in "getting ready" I believe the bios used to be...
  5. How do I access BIOS if I have a Legacy motherboard instead of UEFI?

How do I access BIOS if I have a Legacy motherboard instead of UEFI?: I am trying to overclock my CPU, but I can't seem to access the BIOS screen when I mash the BIOS key on boot. It seems like it has something to do with the fact that my motherboard BIOS type is listed as Legacy instead of UEFI. How do I access BIOS if every solution...
  6. Have a Real Problem With Changing the BOOT from Legacy to UEFI

Have a Real Problem With Changing the BOOT from Legacy to UEFI: Hi I'd appreciate some help with changing how my machine boots. Soon I hope to install Windows 10 Pro onto a new hard drive. The existing HD with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (that I still need for a good 9 months yet) will be used via external USB adaptor. The new...
  7. Error Legacy Boot of UEFI Media

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error Legacy Boot of UEFI Media: I need to install windows on my laptop and this screen popped up when I tried to boot it from a USB. I looked up how to fix this error but I don’t know how to safely exit this screen and get back to my desktop. Would greatly appreciate any help! [IMG]...
  8. UEFI versus Legacy Boot

UEFI versus Legacy Boot: I just purchased a refurbished PC that I an very happy with but I would like to know how to have this PC use the Legacy Boot rather than the UEFI. Is this a realistic possibility? I would like to multi-boot Windows 10 Pro with Ubuntu 18.04. It looks as if it is a simple...
  9. Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI

Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI: HI, I have been problem in My Notebook pavilion AB-029TX , So i decided to clean install windows. I downloaded Media Creation and created ISO then using rufus I created bootable USB, Here Something happened I inserted USB then in BIOS menu it wasn't showing us so I changed...
  10. UEFI or Legacy?

UEFI or Legacy?: So i went for a clean Windows 10 installation on my Aspire E13. To boot from USB i had to switch from UEFI to Legacy, otherwise the USB drive would not be listed. However. After the installation was finished my touchpad was not even recognized, i mean, i was not even...