Windows 10: I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...

Discus and support I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have selected the OneDrive option to allow all of OneDrive to be available offline. In explorer some have the mark and some always have the 'cloud'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jackdashack, Nov 25, 2021.

1. I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...

I have selected the OneDrive option to allow all of OneDrive to be available offline. In explorer some have the mark and some always have the 'cloud' symbol. When I go to delete a file it may say, "if you delete this online file it will not be able to be restored from Recycle Bin'' . . . why? If all my files are supposed to be avail offline on the local?Thanks, I guess if anyone answers then yes, thanks! jack ":-\\

:)

jackdashack, Nov 25, 2021
  2. stlsailor Win User

How does Windows 10 conversion setup offline OneDrive files by default

When I migrate to Windows 10,

• Placeholders will be deleted from my local OneDrive folder.
    • Per folder selective sync will be available.
    But that leaves a question…

• Will per folder selective sync be turned OFF by default at conversion?
      • This means offline files on the local OneDrive folder will be orphaned.
      • Therefore, to avoid confusion, I’d need to either (a) delete them since they’re available online and since sync is off, or (b) turn on selective sync for the folder they’re in and sync all files in the folder, or (c) do nothing if OneDrive automatically deleted them in the conversion.

• Or, will per folder selective sync be turned ON by default for folders that have offline files in them, syncing all files in such a folder?

• Or, will OneDrive try to sync all folders to my local OneDrive, overwhelming the smaller drive on my laptop?
    It seems to me this would be important to know, but I've not been able to find anything on it.

stlsailor, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Changing OneDrive files from available offline to available online only

ever since the latest update to windows 10, I can't seem to change my onedrive files/folders from available offline to available online only. Now, if I right-click on any onedrive folder or file I do NOT see the option to make it offline or online only.
    Has MSFT changed this functionality or is there a setting somewhere I need to turn on to allow me to make my files online or offline only???

scottfactor, Nov 25, 2021
  4. I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...

how do I make onedrive available offline?

In Windows 10 there is no "make available offline" function.

Right-click on one of the folders in OneDrive within File Explorer (that's the new name for Windows Explorer) and choose "Choose OneDrive Folders to Sync"

Gordon B-P, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...

1. I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing... - Similar Threads - instructed OneDrive files

2. I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...: I have selected the OneDrive option to allow all of OneDrive to be available offline. In explorer some have the mark and some always have the 'cloud' symbol. When I go to delete a file it may say, "if you delete this online file it will not be able to be restored from Recycle...
  3. I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...: I have selected the OneDrive option to allow all of OneDrive to be available offline. In explorer some have the mark and some always have the 'cloud' symbol. When I go to delete a file it may say, "if you delete this online file it will not be able to be restored from Recycle...
  4. Delete all file and folders in OneDrive

Delete all file and folders in OneDrive: I have made several changes to the devices on my network and my OneDrive is now in a confused mess.I would like to remove all files and folders and remove all syncing, effectively restoring OneDrive to the as installed condition.How can I do this?...
  5. make files available to all users

make files available to all users: I am administrator. I created new standard user account for myself. How do I make files, pictures, documents in my administrator account accessible to my new user account?...
  6. Make Pictures an Offline Folder

Make Pictures an Offline Folder: How do i make the Pictures folder, an offline folder so all the pictures show, instead of some having a thumbnail[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-pictures-an-offline-folder/2d137c44-d4c7-4f79-ad2e-07e33b0a1126
  7. Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available...

Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available...: For the ease of this post I will be using AAO as "always available offline". I have been told by a user that he want an folder to not be AAO within a folder that is AAO. As in, he wants to make a folder AAO go in that folder and untick AAO from a folder in there. He...
  8. Sharing folder in OneDrive -- instructions given in Chinese!!!

Sharing folder in OneDrive -- instructions given in Chinese!!!: I tried to share a folder on OneDrive, but the instruction given was in Chinese, a language neither I nor the person I am sharing the folder with, understand. I was thus not able to share the folder....
  9. As per Google instruction I cannot make a folder/file available offline

As per Google instruction I cannot make a folder/file available offline: I looked it up, with no luck. It says that in order to make a folder/ file available offline I need to right click and hit "Make Folder Available Offline". Hell, so not. There is no such a "link" available when I right click. How the heck do I do this? I wish I can post...
  10. OneDrive -- make all files available locally

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive -- make all files available locally: On Win10 RS3, how to make all OneDrive files available locally? The option "make all files available" seems to only make placeholders available. How do you get the real files to be automatically downloaded to the local machine, not just on demand? 105409