Windows 10: I have internet access but windows is telling me I don't have any connection.

Discus and support I have internet access but windows is telling me I don't have any connection. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So every time I open up my PC, the little Internet icon on my taskbar is saying I do not have an internet connection. But that's not the case as I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gael L-L, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Gael L-L Win User

I have internet access but windows is telling me I don't have any connection.

So every time I open up my PC, the little Internet icon on my taskbar is saying I do not have an internet connection. But that's not the case as I am able to use my internet connection on a browser or various games. But this still prevents me from using some apps like Microsoft edge, Spotify and some games, like Forza Horizon 4. I noticed I can play online on any game except a couple. I am not sure if there is something related though.From time to time, when I'll open my PC the internet logo will tell me I have an internet connection and all apps and games will work perfectly online. But that

:)

Gael L-L, Aug 5, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

I have internet access but windows is telling me I don't have any connection. [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

I have internet access but windows is telling me I don't have any connection. [​IMG]

topgundcp, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 5, 2021
  4. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

Thema:

1. I have internet access but windows is telling me I don't have any connection. - Similar Threads - internet access telling

2. it's telling me that i don't have enough space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it's telling me that i don't have enough space: i downloaded the game from steam and downloaded 100 gb from it , then i restarted my pc and tried to resume the download but it tells me that i need more space , before i restarted there was 15 gb remaining and i have 28 gb....
  3. it's telling me that i don't have enough space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it's telling me that i don't have enough space: i downloaded the game from steam and downloaded 100 gb from it , then i restarted my pc and tried to resume the download but it tells me that i need more space , before i restarted there was 15 gb remaining and i have 28 gb....
  4. Don't have internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Don't have internet connection: Hello everyone, i turned pff my uac via regedit but since i turned it off i dont have internet. It shows that im connected and all but every application tells me that im not connected to the internet. I tried to turn the uac on, restarting the interent plugging of the...
  5. My Wi-Fi says I don't have any internet connection but I have internet connection after...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Wi-Fi says I don't have any internet connection but I have internet connection after...: [ATTACH] My Wi-Fi icon displays no internet connection but my connection is works fine i can open internet, play games and download. But the wi-fi still says that I don't have internet connection. How do i fix this? it kinda annoying for me....
  6. Windows 10 Version 2004 telling me I don't have Internet, even though I do.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Version 2004 telling me I don't have Internet, even though I do.: Hello, right after installing the newly released Windows 10 May 2020 Update, my laptop was telling me that I'm connected but I don't have internet, when i actually did. Every browser, game worked completely fine, but Windows Apps for example Netflix were telling me I don't...
  7. I have a satellite pro and I have no sound it tells me there is no connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a satellite pro and I have no sound it tells me there is no connection: I have done all the updates but it says no speakers or headphones plugged in. I have put the headphones in the socket but I still get no sound. van you please help. Kind Regards Jff Fox...
  8. I don't have internet connection

I don't have internet connection: Hi everyone, in this quarantine time I hope everyone is doing well in their home. I would like to ask about how to get connection in Windows 10. I don't have the wifi connection in my panel. Eventhough i'm doing reset network i'm not finding the solution after that. I don't...
  9. I have internet access except windows says i don't

I have internet access except windows says i don't: I don't know why but since the 27th of November my computer is telling me that I don't have internet access even though I do and can use it normally. However, a few things do not work like checking for updates I'm guessing because it checks my network status. Onedrive gets...
  10. I don't have any option to connect on a Wifi

I don't have any option to connect on a Wifi: Hello everyone ! I just install Windows 10 on my Mac Book Pro Retina (Via bootcamp). Just that was a hell of a ride for me. I'm a total noob with computer, just finished, and windows started. The only problem is that if I choose to log in via Windows, I can only acces to...