Windows 10: I have internet, but Microsoft won't recognize it

Discus and support I have internet, but Microsoft won't recognize it in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm a university student, so I need to download zoom and google chrome. It should be easy, theoretically. So, I try to download zoom. It says I am in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Gini2, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Gini2 Win User

I have internet, but Microsoft won't recognize it

I'm a university student, so I need to download zoom and google chrome. It should be easy, theoretically.

So, I try to download zoom. It says I am in S Mode and in S Mode only Microsoft Apps can be downloaded. Okay. On past computers this was easy to turn off. I go into the App Store and click "get" to get rid of S Mode. It says I need to log in. Okay. I put in my email. I click next. I type in my password. I click next. "Oops something went wrong" "Error 0x800704cf" "Internet needed." Pop up. But I am connected to the internet, that's how I'm posting this right now.

I've tried just about everything. I was chatting with Microsoft Support for hours last night. The last person I talked to had me up passed 1am. She tried everything. I gave her remote access to the laptop. She asked if I had a USB and we installed a clean version of windows. I'm at my wits end. Nothing works. I'm thinking about doing a factory reset, does anyone think this is a good idea? I've done troubleshooting, which just said Microsoft won't recognize my internet but it can't help me. I'm restarted it a million times. CMDing. You name it I did it. I just got this computer last May and it exploded in November but it was covered under warrantee so I sent it in and when I got it back this problem started.

I hate Windows S Mode and I Hate Microsoft. Help me. Please.

:)

Gini2, Feb 9, 2021

2. windows 10 home x64 won´t recognize my second xeon

I have a dual xeon computer (xeon e5620). I upgraded this week to Windows 10 home and now my pc won´t recognize my second processor. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Vitor RF Rodrigues, Feb 9, 2021
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Feb 9, 2021
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

I have internet, but Microsoft won't recognize it wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

1. I have internet, but Microsoft won't recognize it - Similar Threads - internet Microsoft won't

2. Microsoft won't recognize ANY of my microsoft accounts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft won't recognize ANY of my microsoft accounts.: This seems pointless since most of the "answers" Microsoft gives are just runarounds/don't work. How can I access Microsoft if Microsoft won't recognize any of my Microsoft accounts? I have multiple Microsoft accounts, most are personal. Every attempt to login elicits...
  3. Microsoft won't recognize ANY of my microsoft accounts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft won't recognize ANY of my microsoft accounts.: This seems pointless since most of the "answers" Microsoft gives are just runarounds/don't work. How can I access Microsoft if Microsoft won't recognize any of my Microsoft accounts? I have multiple Microsoft accounts, most are personal. Every attempt to login elicits...
  4. Computer Won't Recognize Home Internet Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer Won't Recognize Home Internet Access: I'm on a Windows 10 device, and have never been able to connect it to our home internet access. The computer's been running on the guest network, but refuses to recognize the other network whatsoever. I've followed similar troubleshooting guides, and nothing has worked so...
  5. My Win10 can't recognize that i have an internet connection.

My Win10 can't recognize that i have an internet connection.: My Win10 can't recognize that I have an internet connection. I've tried to surf this platform for similar problems and all of the suggested solutions didn't help. I tried to run the ethernet diagnosis window but it keeps saying " an error occurred while troubleshooting,...
  6. Microsoft Store no internet connection, but I have internet.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store no internet connection, but I have internet.: I have searched the internet about this problem error ox800704cf. I have tried everything it suggested. Nothing works. My husband plays the Solitare Collection and is up set that I can't get it to work. Surely there is a simple fix for this problem. Can't send feedback...
  7. Wired internet PC won't recognize wireless PCs

Wired internet PC won't recognize wireless PCs: I have 3 PCs in my home. 1 hardwired to the router, other 2 connect through WIFI. All 3 connect to the internet OK. The 2 wireless machines can recognize the wired PC and transfer files to it, but not to each other. Wired machine cannot find or recognize either wireless...
  8. I have internet connection, but browsers won't work

I have internet connection, but browsers won't work: So, my computer is connected to the internet (i am able to run Discord online, or Steam, and use it to download files), but browsers - Firefox and Edge cannot connect to any site - whenever I try, I get a timeout error. I had problems with WiFi connection a few weeks ago,...
  9. Microsoft says "no internet" but I have internet

Microsoft says "no internet" but I have internet: This has been going on for months at this point. Whenever I log into our desk top computer, my Microsoft account says it needs attention and for me to log in. When I click on the grey notification box in the lower right corner, it takes me to the menu where I click to log in...
  10. Why won't Windows recognize I have Powerpoint?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Why won't Windows recognize I have Powerpoint?: I have Microsoft Office 2010, I can open Word and Excel files by clicking on them but not Powerpoint, it wants to send me to the app store. I can run the Powerpoint program and open it from within. In Settings - Choose default apps by file type (PPS), brings up a...