Windows 10: I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...

Discus and support I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For whatever reason the network settings app says that I am not connected to the internet, however I can use the internet just fine on my computer with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Xetotrius, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Xetotrius Win User

I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...

For whatever reason the network settings app says that I am not connected to the internet, however I can use the internet just fine on my computer with programs such as google chrome and steam. I tried running the network troubleshooter but it says that nothing is wrong. Because of this problem I am unable to use the Microsoft Store app or connect my Microsoft account to my computer, as it thinks that I don't have an internet connection. I'm confused as to why this is and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

:)

Xetotrius, Jun 30, 2019
  2. 3mptylord Win User

Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

But I'm currently browsing the internet and typing to you.

In fact - I can do virtually everything (League; Steam; Skype; etc) except use any OS feature that requires logging in - e.g. Mail, User Accounts, Shop, etc. Then it says something along the lines of "Cannot use this service without an internet connection - please connect and try again." When I run Network Diagnostics as the prompt recommends - it says I am connected and cannot find a problem.

I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network... [​IMG]

It doesn't always happen - but it seems to be determined on start-up. If I restart it now it might be working next launch - but 75% of the time it will encounter the same issue. It's been happening for months now but I've sort of gotten used to using my phone to check my emails - but I've now encountered an issue with one of my hard drives being unable to be searched (tried indexing, etc) and the only step I've found that I haven't tried says it could be a corrupted user account - but I cannot update my user account without "connecting to the internet". -_-

The system is up to date. No driver updates available.

3mptylord, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network... - Similar Threads - internet functionality network

2. I am getting "no internet, connected" for every Network I connect to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting "no internet, connected" for every Network I connect to: So I have tried with two network connections. The first was an ethernet connection the second one was an wifi connection.Both are working on every other device other than my windows 11. Any help would be appreciated...
  3. I am getting "no internet, connected" for every Network I connect to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting "no internet, connected" for every Network I connect to: So I have tried with two network connections. The first was an ethernet connection the second one was an wifi connection.Both are working on every other device other than my windows 11. Any help would be appreciated...
  4. I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-internet-functionality-but-network-settings/299b18e2-afba-4440-9a90-38a1055a3b83 This is a link from a thread in 2019 of a software issue that was left unresolved. I have the exact same problem and I have been...
  5. I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-internet-functionality-but-network-settings/299b18e2-afba-4440-9a90-38a1055a3b83 This is a link from a thread in 2019 of a software issue that was left unresolved. I have the exact same problem and I have been...
  6. I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Win 10 network settings say that I am connected to the internet, but browsers and desktop...

Win 10 network settings say that I am connected to the internet, but browsers and desktop...: As the title indicates, settings state that Network status is "you're connected to the internet", as confirmed by the fact that ethernet is shown as "connected". There is no wi-fi adaptor present on the PC However, all browsers fail to connect, saying "No Internet", and...
  8. Not all the networks are showing on the Network and Internet Settings function.

Not all the networks are showing on the Network and Internet Settings function.: Only one of my wireless networks is showing up...the 5G is not, but when I go to "manage known networks" it is there. Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-all-the-networks-are-showing-on-the-network/28e107b6-cdee-4e72-b96a-9ccc893a70e2
  9. Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected

in Windows 10 News
    Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected: [ATTACH]If after you upgrade or update your Windows 10 and you notice that the Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) on the notification area/system tray on […] This article Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  10. Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...: But I'm currently browsing the internet and typing to you. In fact - I can do virtually everything (League; Steam; Skype; etc) except use any OS feature that requires logging in - e.g. Mail, User Accounts, Shop, etc. Then it says something along the lines of "Cannot use...