Windows 10: I have issues with Windows 10 and related software

Discus and support I have issues with Windows 10 and related software in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I currently have a new laptop for 2 months now. I had to update it out of the box because it wasn't on the latest version (which I understand often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dylan Junde, Jan 4, 2019.

1. I have issues with Windows 10 and related software

I currently have a new laptop for 2 months now. I had to update it out of the box because it wasn't on the latest version (which I understand often happens, and shouldn't be an issue). I am a person who always updates their devices. but when I did this about 2 months a go, when I owned this PC about 10 days, I had some driver issues. especially the internet drivers. they were gone. I couldn't use any of the normal methods to fix this, so I reverted back to an earlier version of windows. But my PC still had multiple problems later on. restarting my PC and reinstalling updates did not help for the problems I am facing. these all happen very often. I have Norton Security on my PC, so I doubt there to be a virus on it. Also, I never download anything suspicious or potentially unsafe. I did make one change to my PC, which is merging my C and D drives into one. I have a single 512 GB SSD, and did not like the fact that it was divided into 2 partitions. about 375 was on C, and the rest on D. I don't really want to undo the merging of the partitions. I want everything in one drive.

Problem 1: this is my biggest problem. I always use Microsoft edge for the internet. But the browser has problems every day. several times each 1-2 days it stops responding and I can't do anything. I click on whatever I try, or press the home button on the keyboard, but nothing happens. The loading symbol, where the mouse cursor is, just stays there. I can move it around, but nothing I click on does anything. I also can't click on the home button at the taskbar. After a period of max. 30 seconds everything I tried to do previously is input simultaneously and then everything is back to normal. this problem became progressively worse over time, and recently I had problems with loading YouTube videos. Today the video frames either get stuck, or the video is black. I never downloaded any other browsers so I do not know of those having issues as well. this problem was after I merged the partitions. On my previous laptop I had similar problems with Edge. I never downloaded additional browsers because I just ignored it. but these problems are more significant, albeit the problems of the older PC were by no means whatsoever minor. that PC was not broken in any way. I never merged the partitions on this older PC.

Problem 2: I have Office 2016 on my PC. About 3 days ago, every time I go on any Office software (word, excel, OneNote...), work on it, then go on another window, regardless if it is from another software, including another Office or the same one, I cannot do anything on it when I come back. I can't type on it or use any features up top or whatever. I can however minimize, change size, or close the window. this problem was after I merged the partitions.

Problem 3: I play games on this laptop. Only one game always crashes after an hour or more (before which it works perfectly; this is very instantaneous), the rest all work perfectly. however only one has shown a sudden framerate drop and after about 3 seconds it goes back to normal, working perfectly again (this has only occurred 2 times). this problem was after I merged the partitions.

Problem 4: I had issues after installing updates twice. the first time was when I turned on the PC for the first time and updated it for the first time (because it was slow due to the outdated version of windows 10). Then 1 or 2 days later I updated it again. those earlier updates were just to provide the necessary ones (I think). After that particular drivers were gone. I could not use the usual methods of reinstalling or fixing drivers, nor could I detect any faulty drivers. the worst thing was that I had no internet drivers! I could not use any method via the internet! I decided to return to an earlier version of windows and reinstall everything. After I reinstalled everything, I installed updates that came after these. I had a feeling that even though I reinstalled those older ones not everything was fixed, but I don't know what problems might have remained, I couldn't find any. I'm not very knowledgeable about PCs. I only knew I lost my drivers because I had no internet access. this problem was before I merged the partitions.

:)

Dylan Junde, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 4, 2019
  4. I have issues with Windows 10 and related software

Issues related to Taskbar in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply: What is the exact issue that your facing in Windows 10? Kindly elaborate.

I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it fixes your issue:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the
    Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Step 3: System File Checker (SFC) Scan

• Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    • Exit Command Prompt.
    For more information about SFC Scan click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

I have issues with Windows 10 and related software

1. I have issues with Windows 10 and related software - Similar Threads - issues related software

2. i have issue with installing a software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have issue with installing a software: i have installed a software called iner vista 650 setup and it didn't complet installation correctly it gives a lot of errors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-issue-with-installing-a-software/b0fb68e8-8d0d-4660-a14b-e97b03470eb6
  3. i have issue with installing a software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have issue with installing a software: i have installed a software called iner vista 650 setup and it didn't complet installation correctly it gives a lot of errors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-issue-with-installing-a-software/b0fb68e8-8d0d-4660-a14b-e97b03470eb6
  4. i have issue with installing a software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i have issue with installing a software: i have installer a software called iner vista 650 setup and it didn't complet installation correctly it gives a lot of errors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-issue-with-installing-a-software/b0fb68e8-8d0d-4660-a14b-e97b03470eb6
  5. I have an internet issue not related to the modem or cables

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an internet issue not related to the modem or cables: I've been surfing sites mostly on Mozilla Firefox and pages are slow to download. Oddly, Amazon and YouTube work well...I have no idea why these two are okay.Sometimes, my browser brings up a blank screen, or one with an error message like the following saying Secure...
  6. I have an internet issue not related to the modem or cables

I have an internet issue not related to the modem or cables: I've been surfing sites mostly on Mozilla Firefox and pages are slow to download. Oddly, Amazon and YouTube work well...I have no idea why these two are okay.Sometimes, my browser brings up a blank screen, or one with an error message like the following saying Secure...
  7. I have an internet issue not related to the modem or cables

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have an internet issue not related to the modem or cables: I've been surfing sites mostly on Mozilla Firefox and pages are slow to download. Sometimes, it just brings up a blank screen, or one with an error message. This has happened in Microsoft Edge and Chrome, so I don't think I turned off or on anything in Firefox. The problem...
  8. Related to softwares

Related to softwares: Hello guys,How can we download and install a software freely if someone can not afford to pay? Is there any way or free websites? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/related-to-softwares/8c84ddac-64b5-4fee-af42-0515d191ddc7
  9. Is this a winfows 10 error or software related?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a winfows 10 error or software related?: Hey there, I have a small issue. So i recently built my new pc and instelled all my necessary programs on my ssd and started Nox, an android emulator to play a game. I have a script for it that does a repetive task in the game and I planned to let it run over the night. But...
  10. Office software protection platform service related issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office software protection platform service related issue: Hello people, I have been facing an issue to start Office software protection platform service, the error message shows ' Error 2 the system cannot find the file specified'.I was trying to install Office2016. According to various sources, I have done the following things -...