Windows 10: I have just bought windows dvd player and cannot get it to launch

Discus and support I have just bought windows dvd player and cannot get it to launch in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I just bought Windows 10 dvd player for €14.99 and cannot get it to work. I know upgrading to 10 from 8.1 means I cannot play dvds. What should I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Iseult CatherineO'Brien, Nov 8, 2020.

1. I have just bought windows dvd player and cannot get it to launch

I just bought Windows 10 dvd player for €14.99 and cannot get it to work.

I know upgrading to 10 from 8.1 means I cannot play dvds.

What should I do?

Should I request a refund?

Thank you.

:)

Iseult CatherineO'Brien, Nov 8, 2020
  2. Kevgirl Win User

Windows 10 DVD player won't launch

I bought, downloaded and used the Windows DVD player and it has been fine. Now it suddenly won't launch. I click it, the window pops up and then immediately vanishes. I reset the program as suggested by Microsoft, still not working. Any ideas?

Moved from Insider

Kevgirl, Nov 8, 2020
  3. DVD player

Hi Richard,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Your title suggests issue with DVD Player and body of the message you've mentioned about Media Player. I would require more information to assist you better:

• What is the exact issue are you facing?
    • Are you facing issue with Media Player or DVD Player?
    I would like to inform you that Media player is in-built and it should present in Windows 10. If you're facing issue with DVD Player, I would suggest you to go through the following link and see if that helps:

DVD playback options for Windows

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Nov 8, 2020
  4. HTC
    HTC Win User

I have just bought windows dvd player and cannot get it to launch

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

Thema:

I have just bought windows dvd player and cannot get it to launch

1. I have just bought windows dvd player and cannot get it to launch - Similar Threads - bought dvd player

2. I just purchased Windows DVD Player, and it sucks. Can I get my money back?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I just purchased Windows DVD Player, and it sucks. Can I get my money back?: Just purchased Windows DVD Player, Order #6594335652 and it does not work well. Can I be reimbursed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-purchased-windows-dvd-player-and-it-sucks/10a0ef43-8cc7-489b-bf61-11c9c9663e49
  3. I just purchased Windows DVD Player, and it sucks. Can I get my money back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just purchased Windows DVD Player, and it sucks. Can I get my money back?: Just purchased Windows DVD Player, Order #6594335652 and it does not work well. Can I be reimbursed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-purchased-windows-dvd-player-and-it-sucks/10a0ef43-8cc7-489b-bf61-11c9c9663e49
  4. I just purchased Windows DVD Player, and it sucks. Can I get my money back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot get Starfield to Launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get Starfield to Launch: Hi all, I purchased the premium edition and downloaded on my PC though the Xbox app. When I click on "Play" the loading screen comes up and within 8 seconds I get the message "The game has crashed. Error code: 0x1." I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Tried starting...
  6. I cannot get Starfield to Launch

I cannot get Starfield to Launch: Hi all, I purchased the premium edition and downloaded on my PC though the Xbox app. When I click on "Play" the loading screen comes up and within 8 seconds I get the message "The game has crashed. Error code: 0x1." I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Tried starting...
  7. I have just bought Minecraft on the Microsoft store and just learned that I can't get or...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I have just bought Minecraft on the Microsoft store and just learned that I can't get or...: About an hour ago I bought Minecraft on the Microsoft store and I went to go get the Technic launcher only to learn that I need to have bought the Mojang version. I then spent about an hour looking at fixes or other places to get mods for the games to learn that the Microsoft...
  8. can I just get a free app to use for the DVD player?

in Windows 10 Customization
    can I just get a free app to use for the DVD player?: see subject line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-get-a-free-app-to-use-for-the-dvd/75c1827c-67be-405d-8934-618c93a440fe
  9. I cannot get my dvd player to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot get my dvd player to work: i cannot get the cd or a dvd to play on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-my-dvd-player-to-work/6371aed0-6a99-41de-b18d-6476bec38f80
  10. Windows DVD Player closes at launch

Windows DVD Player closes at launch: Before the Windows DVD Player app purchase, the message on the screen had mentioned that the external DVD Player connected is compatible with the app... and prompted me to buy it. After buying the app, the app displayed 'Loading' for a few seconds and then just closed...