Windows 10: I have just built my first pc and have plugged the Ethernet cable in. However I have no...

Discus and support I have just built my first pc and have plugged the Ethernet cable in. However I have no... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wrong-Philosopher559 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wrong-Philosopher559, Mar 2, 2021.

1. I have just built my first pc and have plugged the Ethernet cable in. However I have no...

/u/Wrong-Philosopher559, Mar 2, 2021

2. Ethernet cable not working.

You need to solve your problem one step at a time, e.g. like so:

• Connect your CAT5 cable directly to your router. If it does not work, replace the cable.
    • Connect the cable to your TP-Link wall plug. If it does not work, reconfigure or replace the wall plug.

Frederik Long, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Mar 2, 2021
  4. I have just built my first pc and have plugged the Ethernet cable in. However I have no...

Windows 10 after upgade to 1709 if keyboard not plugged then ethernet device is not detected.

When I start my windows 10 (1709 build) without plugging keyboard and mouse, it does not detect Ethernet card.

Mother board is of Intel and Ethernet is on board (integrated).

I have also installed latest Ethernet driver by auto updated drivers from internet.

Steps:

Shutdown pc

Remove keyboard and mouse

Keep lan cable plugged

Start pc

Ethernet device is not detected. It shows in list in Device manager screen. but with Yellow triangle.

Then I need to plug keyboard and just do a hardware scan then Ethernet is detected and all ok after that.

When I start with keyboard and mouse plugged in then it detects Ethernet card and available on LAN.

Am I missing something?

Rajeev_Mehta, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

I have just built my first pc and have plugged the Ethernet cable in. However I have no...

1. I have just built my first pc and have plugged the Ethernet cable in. However I have no... - Similar Threads - built plugged Ethernet

2. I just built my first pc and when I power it on it says it failed to start. I have tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just built my first pc and when I power it on it says it failed to start. I have tried...: I went through and everything is put together correctly. I have a flashdrive to install windows as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-built-my-first-pc-and-when-i-power-it-on-it/b366d553-790a-4e1b-80b7-0fe0067cc447
  3. I just built my first pc and when I power it on it says it failed to start. I have tried...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just built my first pc and when I power it on it says it failed to start. I have tried...: I went through and everything is put together correctly. I have a flashdrive to install windows as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-built-my-first-pc-and-when-i-power-it-on-it/b366d553-790a-4e1b-80b7-0fe0067cc447
  4. I just built my first pc and when I power it on it says it failed to start. I have tried...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I have no audio from my Win10 PC however I have audio using ITUNES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no audio from my Win10 PC however I have audio using ITUNES: No audio uasing You Tube but Audio using ITUNES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-audio-from-my-win10-pc-however-i-have/c9b6b608-8036-49a0-b8a0-03609da65ad6
  6. Pc is saying that I have no connection even though I have an Ethernet cable in which I can...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc is saying that I have no connection even though I have an Ethernet cable in which I can...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GreyFoxGundam [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kys7ew/pc_is_saying_that_i_have_no_connection_even/
  7. I just built my very first pc, I have a Windows 10 key, but I have no clue how to install it...

I just built my very first pc, I have a Windows 10 key, but I have no clue how to install it...: I bought a key online and it came in the form of a code that looks like this: (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX) I’m guessing I have to download this key to a USB drive, right? I just have absolutely no clue how to do that. Please help!! submitted by /u/grahamthehuman [link]...
  8. I just built my first PC

I just built my first PC: so the setup is asking me to connect to the internet and my motherboard doesn’t have WiFi and the nearest Ethernet access point is on the other side of my room and I don’t want it to download a bunch of bloatware and also my dad pays for office 365 and OneDrive so can I...
  9. Computer says there's no ethernet when I have ethernet plugged in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer says there's no ethernet when I have ethernet plugged in: I've been looking everywhere for a solution to this. I'm at college right now and I cannot deal with their wifi. I've always used ethernet here with no problems. So when I came back from spring break and turned on my desktop, it had no internet. I thought it was the cable, so...
  10. Can an ethernet cable have a virus?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can an ethernet cable have a virus?: Hi there AD protocol can do wifi at 7.2 Gb/s so can be faster than some slower ethernet hardware. However these routers are currently very expensive (around 400 USD LESS tax) and I doubt whether typical computer components would be able to handle the speed -- a lot of built...