Windows 10: I have just changed the motherboard on my son's PC and on start up the PC cannot find an...

Discus and support I have just changed the motherboard on my son's PC and on start up the PC cannot find an... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have just upgraded the motherboard and CPU on my son's PC. As advised before starting we did a full system back-up. All looked well until we got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ClaireHerring, Aug 4, 2019.

1. I have just changed the motherboard on my son's PC and on start up the PC cannot find an...

I have just upgraded the motherboard and CPU on my son's PC. As advised before starting we did a full system back-up.

All looked well until we got past the initial BIOS setup screens and now we just have the following message:

"An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

The PC has a the hard drive that is came with and an additional one that we added for extra storage out of an old computer a couple of years ago. Do you think that if I disconnect the spare hard drive the PC will find my Windows 10 operating system on the in-built one?

Thanks for your advice.

:)

ClaireHerring, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

I have just changed the motherboard on my son's PC and on start up the PC cannot find an...

1. I have just changed the motherboard on my son's PC and on start up the PC cannot find an... - Similar Threads - changed motherboard son's

2. I cannot find the clipboard in Settings Systems on my pc where is it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot find the clipboard in Settings Systems on my pc where is it?: followed instructions searched setting but clipboard does not exist in the settings on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-find-the-clipboard-in-settings-systems-on/466849e2-3709-41e2-8971-d36e69a9d753
  3. Upgrades March 2019 have screwed up my PC and I cannot find a solution to changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrades March 2019 have screwed up my PC and I cannot find a solution to changes: I was prompted to download 3 updates on 3/5/19 . Descriptions: 1)Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1809 for 64 based systems. 2) 2019-02 security update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 version 1809 for 64 based systems. 3) Cumulative update for .Net Framework...
  4. I cannot reset my pc

I cannot reset my pc: Good day everyone. I have been trying to reset my pc using the reset and refresh methods respectively but to no avail. It always stops at16% and then rolled back by undoing the changes it has made. My pc is: OS Build--16299 Version - - 1709(fall creators update) The pc...
  5. I cannot reset my PC

I cannot reset my PC: I cannot restore/reset my PC "To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore." How can it be asking me to specify which Windows installation when there is...
  6. PC cannot find my printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC cannot find my printer: I’ve encountered this issue since the last Windows update. Currently, I receive an error code 0x00000002 when try to turn on my printer. The solution suggested at the forum like to "right click 'computer' to access print spool" doesn’t help because my PC cannot find ‘print...
  7. I Have a virus On My PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Have a virus On My PC: Log OS : Windows 10 Version 1607 Browser : Microsoft Edge Effect : Flashing Screen Going Into Screen Saver And Back To Edge I Got A Virus On My PC...
  8. Cannot find my hdd in "My Pc"

Cannot find my hdd in "My Pc": Hey guys, I just installed windows 10 on my ssd, works perfectly. Except I cannot find my hdd in "my pc" as the title says. I can find it in Device Manager, says the drive is working properly. Maybe its just tucked away somewhere, I just cant find it when trying to install...
  9. PC not starting up

PC not starting up: Sigh, I need your help again guys. Today I decided ito was time to re-cable and generally tidy up my PC. I have been planning this for a few months as its the first anniversary since getting my new PC. So I did the re-cable which took me several hours. It also involved...
  10. Cannot find This PC and Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot find This PC and Settings: Hello. I cannot find "This PC" and "Settings" on my Windows 10 Laptop. How do I find them and Install them on my Laptop. Many Thanks. Terry Horton.*Smile 38168