Windows 10: I have just changed the motherboard on my son's PC and on start up the PC cannot find an...

Discus and support I have just changed the motherboard on my son's PC and on start up the PC cannot find an... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have just upgraded the motherboard and CPU on my son's PC. As advised before starting we did a full system back-up. All looked well until we got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ClaireHerring, Aug 4, 2019.

1. I have just changed the motherboard on my son's PC and on start up the PC cannot find an...

I have just upgraded the motherboard and CPU on my son's PC. As advised before starting we did a full system back-up.

All looked well until we got past the initial BIOS setup screens and now we just have the following message:

"An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

The PC has a the hard drive that is came with and an additional one that we added for extra storage out of an old computer a couple of years ago. Do you think that if I disconnect the spare hard drive the PC will find my Windows 10 operating system on the in-built one?

Thanks for your advice.

:)

ClaireHerring, Aug 4, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 29, 2019
  3. PC Randomly Can Not Be Started

Hi Vijay

I have tried every step as advised.

But this morning I could not start on the PC, but at 10.00 (local time) I'm able to turn on.

I notice my PC clock also change into 00.00.

Let me know if you can suggest other steps to be tried.

Rino Poetranto, Sep 29, 2019
  4. I have just changed the motherboard on my son's PC and on start up the PC cannot find an...

I have just changed the motherboard on my son's PC and on start up the PC cannot find an operating system. Help!

I have just upgraded the motherboard and CPU on my son's PC. As advised before starting we did a full system back-up.

All looked well until we got past the initial BIOS setup screens and now we just have the following message:

"An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

The PC has a the hard drive that is came with and an additional one that we added for extra storage out of an old computer a couple of years ago. Do you think that if I disconnect the spare hard drive the PC will find my Windows 10 operating system on the
    in-built one?

Thanks for your advice.

ClaireHerring, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

I have just changed the motherboard on my son's PC and on start up the PC cannot find an...

1. I have just changed the motherboard on my son's PC and on start up the PC cannot find an... - Similar Threads - changed motherboard son's

2. My son cannot log into his PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son cannot log into his PC.: We have tried resetting the password but that doesn't workHis PC is managed through Family. I don't know if this has an impact. I can log in without problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-cannot-log-into-his-pc/95e5ee6c-ef3b-4cf5-9379-88174ea235de
  3. My son cannot log into his PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My son cannot log into his PC.: We have tried resetting the password but that doesn't workHis PC is managed through Family. I don't know if this has an impact. I can log in without problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-cannot-log-into-his-pc/95e5ee6c-ef3b-4cf5-9379-88174ea235de
  4. I cannot start my Lenovo PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot start my Lenovo PC: HelloI cannot start my pc. I have an installation media in USB and tried start up repair it did not work. I tried to do a clean install of windows 10 and I only have one partition with zero space I cannot delete it and there is no more partitions. It says windows cannot be...
  5. I have a program on my PC which I cannot find. I cannot find it in Processes or file explorer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a program on my PC which I cannot find. I cannot find it in Processes or file explorer.: [ATTACH] I looked it up, and some say it is a cpuminer, and other say otherwise. However here, it does not have a publisher it seems. Should I be concerned? I actually am. How can I delete this thing which I cannot find? Even on control panel it is not there. Given all of...
  6. My pc not start up

My pc not start up: Saying automatic repair and two option are following 1 restart 2 advance option I go to command prompt but no any problem solved and also try about all options which is mentioned but nothing happen please sir help me[IMG]...
  7. My pc not starting up

My pc not starting up: I tried to overclock my cpu by providing high voltage its i7 7700k then as soon as i press ok on my screen to overclock my pc just cutoff the power supply, after tht when i was trying to turn it on it would start but after a min it shows blue screen with a stopcode of CLOCK...
  8. Starting up my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Starting up my PC: Please advise how to determine which apps are open when starting? Thanks, Lindsay Goodwin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/starting-up-my-pc/24a282da-97aa-46b3-9e65-d0b200d13268
  9. Upgrades March 2019 have screwed up my PC and I cannot find a solution to changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrades March 2019 have screwed up my PC and I cannot find a solution to changes: I was prompted to download 3 updates on 3/5/19 . Descriptions: 1)Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1809 for 64 based systems. 2) 2019-02 security update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 version 1809 for 64 based systems. 3) Cumulative update for .Net Framework...
  10. PC cannot find my printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC cannot find my printer: I’ve encountered this issue since the last Windows update. Currently, I receive an error code 0x00000002 when try to turn on my printer. The solution suggested at the forum like to "right click 'computer' to access print spool" doesn’t help because my PC cannot find ‘print...