Windows 10: I have just completed a windows update and now my computer will not reboot

Discus and support I have just completed a windows update and now my computer will not reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer has completed a restart after update, but now will not reboot - sadly there is no way to upload an image of the screen display, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BelindaFox1, Dec 4, 2020.

1. I have just completed a windows update and now my computer will not reboot

My computer has completed a restart after update, but now will not reboot - sadly there is no way to upload an image of the screen display, but it looks like columns of fast moving pixels. It tried and failed to update previously and I was able to escape via Con/alt/del- this time this does not work.

:)

BelindaFox1, Dec 4, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I have just completed a windows update and now my computer will not reboot :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 4, 2020
  3. My Pc got Rebooted without my permission (event id 1074, 1530, 916, Tons of EVENT During that Reboot time) URGENT HELP!!

Well, Honey, you didn't say what version of Windows you have but if W10 as listed in your specs, it was probably Windows Update completing the update process. And that's a good thing as long as it did not reboot right in the middle of you doing something. It is suppose to wait until the computer is idle. Yesterday's updates did indeed require a reboot. And it schedules these things around 3am (which can be changed if you are a night owl) when most people are asleep.

If your computer is working fine now, I would not worry about it.

Bill_Bright, Dec 4, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

I have just completed a windows update and now my computer will not reboot

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

I have just completed a windows update and now my computer will not reboot

1. I have just completed a windows update and now my computer will not reboot - Similar Threads - completed update computer

2. I just did a windows update now I can't use my computer at all.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just did a windows update now I can't use my computer at all.: I downloaded and installed Microsoft updates but when the computer restarted all I got was a black screen with no display at all. I reset several times as was advised in several other support issues I read trying to trigger windows repair. Did this about 5 times now when I...
  3. I just did a windows update now I can't use my computer at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just did a windows update now I can't use my computer at all.: I downloaded and installed Microsoft updates but when the computer restarted all I got was a black screen with no display at all. I reset several times as was advised in several other support issues I read trying to trigger windows repair. Did this about 5 times now when I...
  4. I just did a windows update now I can't use my computer at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my computer auto-update if I do just a reboot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer auto-update if I do just a reboot?: I was just peacefully watching youtube and suddenly the computer started some kind of glitching or Microsoft stopped responding to commands. So i had to turn it off and it started auto-updating my system. Why is that so?...
  6. Why does my computer auto-update if I do just a reboot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer auto-update if I do just a reboot?: I was just peacefully watching youtube and suddenly the computer started some kind of glitching or Microsoft stopped responding to commands. So i had to turn it off and it started auto-updating my system. Why is that so?...
  7. Why does my computer auto-update if I do just a reboot?

8. My computer will not complete updates.

My computer will not complete updates.: My computer keeps giving me error message when I try to get updates. I seem to be having issue with drivers and have uploaded the mini dump files to one drive with hopes that I get this issue resolved......
  9. Windows update assistant completes but update fails after computer reboots.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update assistant completes but update fails after computer reboots.: I'm running build 1903 and I have been trying to update for over 4 months now (can only try and update once maybe twice a month because I have very low monthly data limits). I have gone through windows update which installs the normal updates fine but the feature update...
  10. I updated my pc and now it's completly unstable

I updated my pc and now it's completly unstable: Hello, So i updated my pc on tuesday late at night. When i turned it on Wednesday all my files on desktop were gone and everything basicly returned as it was when you got this computer(wallpaper was windows logo, there was microsoft edge, chrome and recycle bin). Well...