Windows 10: I have just gone to Windows 10 and don't know how to get my icons on to my desktop where I...

Discus and support I have just gone to Windows 10 and don't know how to get my icons on to my desktop where I... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just changed to Windows 10 from Windows 8-1 now I cannot put my icons for pictures and gmail etc where I can see them on my main picture help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dorothy Joyce Cox, Jul 25, 2018.

1. I have just gone to Windows 10 and don't know how to get my icons on to my desktop where I...

I have just changed to Windows 10 from Windows 8-1 now I cannot put my icons for pictures and gmail etc where I can see them on my main picture help please not able to right click and drop elsewhere etc

:)

Dorothy Joyce Cox, Jul 25, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 25, 2018
  4. I have just gone to Windows 10 and don't know how to get my icons on to my desktop where I...

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

I have just gone to Windows 10 and don't know how to get my icons on to my desktop where I...

1. I have just gone to Windows 10 and don't know how to get my icons on to my desktop where I... - Similar Threads - gone don't icons

2. My desktop background and icons have gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop background and icons have gone.: When I boot up my desktop computer. It no longer asks me to click on my account I'm the only user...home computer, it just opens a generic light blue Windows page with faint window logo to the right hand side. All my icons are gone as well as my desktop background. There are...
  3. My desktop background and icons have gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop background and icons have gone.: When I boot up my desktop computer. It no longer asks me to click on my account I'm the only user...home computer, it just opens a generic light blue Windows page with faint window logo to the right hand side. All my icons are gone as well as my desktop background. There are...
  4. I don't know where my folder and files went

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know where my folder and files went: I was trying to render a file from Adobe Illustrator. I was in the process of exporting it when the whole folder was gone. SOMEONE HELP ASAP PLEASE!...
  5. I don't know where my folder and files went

I don't know where my folder and files went: I was trying to render a file from Adobe Illustrator. I was in the process of exporting it when the whole folder was gone. SOMEONE HELP ASAP PLEASE!...
  6. I don't know where are my screenshots saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't know where are my screenshots saved: When I press win+prtscr, windows performed a snapshot, but I don't have a folder called "Screenshots" in "This PC\Pictures", so where can I find my screenshots?...
  7. Where have my Collections gone and how do I get the extension back?

in Browsers and Email
    Where have my Collections gone and how do I get the extension back?: I have just started using Collections in the new Edge. Now the extension icon has vanished along with the Collection icon. How do I restore it and the Collections I have created? - - - Updated - - - PS I gather that the relevant article on this site is no longer valid? 154123
  8. how do I get app icons on my desktop i just downloaded?

how do I get app icons on my desktop i just downloaded?: How do I get all my app icons on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-app-icons-on-my-desktop-i-just/18a7bd55-ba69-45cd-b83a-b0c98ae23147
  9. where have my icons gone to

in Windows 10 Customization
    where have my icons gone to: My icons have disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-have-my-icons-gone-to/4c38a388-8872-474f-ac9b-6efbe8bcd64a
  10. My Icons have changed and i have files with names i don't know

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Icons have changed and i have files with names i don't know: So,i have a windows 10 laptop i5 nvdia geforce and all that,but it's 32 bit so when i tried to play games like cs:go and fortnite they didnt't work i searched youtube and i did a command someone did in a youtube video and in the comments people were saying it's working...So...