Windows 10: I have just had an email saying my account will be closed due to lack of use, is this real...

Discus and support I have just had an email saying my account will be closed due to lack of use, is this real... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have just had an email saying my account will be closed due to lack of use, is this real or fake?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DoolallyG, Nov 1, 2022.

1. DoolallyG Win User

I have just had an email saying my account will be closed due to lack of use, is this real...

I have just had an email saying my account will be closed due to lack of use, is this real or fake?

:)

DoolallyG, Nov 1, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Nov 1, 2022
  3. Secondary email account not opening

Might I suggest you open a free Gmail account and use that as an alternate. Then you can always sign into gmail with any browser and get email.

Outlook and Microsoft accounts can also be set up to text you a code so they know its you. Very quick and easy. You say you forget, they send code, you enter and log in.

If you make these changes in Microsoft account and can't verify yourself, due to lack of access to secondary account, MS will nag you each day you log in telling you that your security info has changed. This goes on for thirty days to ensure the real owner will see that the security info has been requested to changed.

To short circuit the thirty days phone your telco and ask how to sign into your mail account with a browser. Then open and deal with verification email.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 1, 2022
  4. I have just had an email saying my account will be closed due to lack of use, is this real...

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Nov 1, 2022
Thema:

I have just had an email saying my account will be closed due to lack of use, is this real...

1. I have just had an email saying my account will be closed due to lack of use, is this real... - Similar Threads - email saying account

2. After Closing an account, can I Re-use my Gmail Email that was used on it, on my main...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Closing an account, can I Re-use my Gmail Email that was used on it, on my main...: According to the below answer from Chandy, it appears that I would be able to use my same Gmail account after 60 days for a new Microsoft account. I already have a Microsoft account that is my Primary Account for daily use, but want to have my current email on it, but somehow...
  3. Just had a spam email saying Microsoft would suspend my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Just had a spam email saying Microsoft would suspend my account: Just had a email saying it was from Microsoft in spam and it said that it was going to suspend my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/just-had-a-spam-email-saying-microsoft-would/8bc7035a-8c76-431d-a0a6-bf0a30d418a9
  4. I JUST PAY MY DUES TO MCAFEE, BECAUSSE THEY SAY MY ACCOUNT HAD EXPIXED, BUT THE WIFE THINK...

I JUST PAY MY DUES TO MCAFEE, BECAUSSE THEY SAY MY ACCOUNT HAD EXPIXED, BUT THE WIFE THINK...: WILL AS I SAID ABOVE UNDER QUESTION, I PAYED MY DUES BRFORE THEY EXPIRED, THE WIFE THINK I SILL HAVE TIME LEFT ON MY DUES. HOW I CAN I FINE OUT IF I STILL HAVE TIME ON MY ACCOUNT...
  5. I have just had an email saying my account will be closed due to lack of use, is this real...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have just had an email saying my account will be closed due to lack of use, is this real...: I have just had an email saying my account will be closed due to lack of use, is this real or fake? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-just-had-an-email-saying-my-account-will-be/e135bf23-b6f5-462b-89c7-876af383ffef
  6. I have just had an email saying my account will be closed due to lack of use, is this real...

I have just had an email saying my account will be closed due to lack of use, is this real...: I have just had an email saying my account will be closed due to lack of use, is this real or fake? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-just-had-an-email-saying-my-account-will-be/e135bf23-b6f5-462b-89c7-876af383ffef
  7. I have just received a sms is it for real

I have just received a sms is it for real: Dear lucky winner you have won $1.2 Million from UK Microsoft yearly promotion please contact Mrs Susan Edward on Email:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***, for claims. Is the above for real .as it SMS to me here in South Africa..@00:21am...please confirm if it is...
  8. Closing an email account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Closing an email account: When I close a Hotmail account, do I lose the messages I have archived? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-an-email-account/96c2f975-3ed3-4c65-96ad-033ab22d0dd3
  9. I closed my email account due to being hacked and got a new email address. Now I can't...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I closed my email account due to being hacked and got a new email address. Now I can't...: I closed my email account due to being hacked and got a new email address. Now I can't access my OneDrive account. Can someone advise me? Thanks!...
  10. I have just had the red screen with Windows on and the woman's voice saying my computer is...

I have just had the red screen with Windows on and the woman's voice saying my computer is...: I don't have windows and it looked so very corny, so I shut my computer down and back on and it was still there, so switched again and waited and it had gone when I switched it on for the second time. I have read this is a scam and assume with switching my computer off there...