Windows 10: I have just purchased an upgrade for windows , from home to pro , but im having a problem...

Discus and support I have just purchased an upgrade for windows , from home to pro , but im having a problem... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Please be advised that we have upgraded from windows 10 home by purchasing the windows 10 pro and it is not updating on installation. It runs the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KEVINTIMM, Dec 18, 2019.

1. KEVINTIMM Win User

I have just purchased an upgrade for windows , from home to pro , but im having a problem...

Please be advised that we have upgraded from windows 10 home by purchasing the windows 10 pro and it is not updating on installation. It runs the upgrade and after 100% upgrade on the second upgrade after restart it says unable to upgrade and it undoes the entire upgrade. Please advise on a way forward

:)

KEVINTIMM, Dec 18, 2019

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 18, 2019
  4. I have just purchased an upgrade for windows , from home to pro , but im having a problem...

Purchased Windows 10 pro upgrade stuck on working on it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please share the information:

• When exactly does the Windows 10 pro upgrade gets stuck?

• Where did you purchase Windows 10 pro upgrade?

• Are you getting any error message?

For more information, I suggest you to refer the answer provided by
    Cpt Brik,
    one of the community member from the following link.

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Please get back to us with the requested information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

I have just purchased an upgrade for windows , from home to pro , but im having a problem...

1. I have just purchased an upgrade for windows , from home to pro , but im having a problem... - Similar Threads - purchased upgrade home

2. I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...: I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro version. Is it free to upgrade or Should I pay ? If I should pay why isn't free when my device and windows both are related to Microsoft...
  3. I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...: I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro version. Is it free to upgrade or Should I pay ? If I should pay why isn't free when my device and windows both are related to Microsoft...
  4. I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.: I clicked install and i get an error 0x80070490. I followed the error message to responses that tell you to enter a valid activation code I copied it and entered it into Change Product Key and I get the same error. Unable to upgrade your edition go to store to buy genuine...
  6. I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.: I clicked install and i get an error 0x80070490. I followed the error message to responses that tell you to enter a valid activation code I copied it and entered it into Change Product Key and I get the same error. Unable to upgrade your edition go to store to buy genuine...
  7. im having a problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    im having a problem.: My pc keeps giving black screens. When i turn on my pc, after a bit it gives a black screen, i can still hear the audio. Anyone has a solution? submitted by /u/IlyasNaji15 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xdb3t1/im_having_a_problem/
  8. im having a problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    im having a problem.: Earlier, my pc was fine, and it can detect all wifis that are nearby, it still detects them, but i doesnt detect my network when it is working on my phone. Is this a problem with the pc or with the network itself? submitted by /u/IlyasNaji15 [link] [comments]...
  9. I have purchased a Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have purchased a Windows 10 Pro: Good day, I have several laptops, I purchased Windows 10 Pro for my wife and she was able to use the laptop for about a week. The laptop has completely stopped working. Can I transfer the Windows 10 Pro to another laptop? Since I brought it from the Windows Store, there is...
  10. Purchased upgrade from Windows Home to Windows Pro not activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased upgrade from Windows Home to Windows Pro not activating: On my quite new and still under warranty Surface Pro 6, which came with Windows Home, I purchased from the MS Store the upgrade to Windows Pro. It seemed to be ok, but I noticed the other day that Activate Windows appears in the bottom right of the screen and when I go to...