Windows 10: i have just reinstalled my windows 10 , and windows is asking for my activation?

Discus and support i have just reinstalled my windows 10 , and windows is asking for my activation? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi as i have purchased my pc and it comes pre installed with windows 10 activated on it, then i did i format and now it asks me for an activation which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stanleyngdf, Jun 23, 2020.

1. i have just reinstalled my windows 10 , and windows is asking for my activation?

hi as i have purchased my pc and it comes pre installed with windows 10 activated on it, then i did i format and now it asks me for an activation which i do not know how to do it?

attached is my windows script, appreciate all your kind suggestions/ help, thank you! i have just reinstalled my windows 10 , and windows is asking for my activation? b1870335-a632-41ab-be56-2c816f72d047?upload=true.png

:)

Stanleyngdf, Jun 23, 2020

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 23, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

i have just reinstalled my windows 10 , and windows is asking for my activation?

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! i have just reinstalled my windows 10 , and windows is asking for my activation? :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

i have just reinstalled my windows 10 , and windows is asking for my activation?

1. i have just reinstalled my windows 10 , and windows is asking for my activation? - Similar Threads - reinstalled asking activation

2. Why I have been asking to activate the window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I have been asking to activate the window: Why I have been asked to activate the window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-have-been-asking-to-activate-the-window/88ef84c2-df52-4ff8-8654-a6e96486a1ff
  3. Why I have been asking to activate the window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I have been asking to activate the window: Why I have been asked to activate the window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-have-been-asking-to-activate-the-window/88ef84c2-df52-4ff8-8654-a6e96486a1ff
  4. I have problem with my Windows 10 activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have problem with my Windows 10 activation: I have problem with my window 10 activations like in my screenshoot Here* Original tile: Hello Sir https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-with-my-windows-10-activation/b388d439-cc1d-481d-ab4f-53564bfae8e2
  5. Activating Windows 10 after having to reinstall

Activating Windows 10 after having to reinstall: I have had this license for Windows for over 6 years now. It was originally a CD version of Windows 7 which I upgraded to Windows 10 when it became available using my current Microsoft account. Today, my PC went into automatic startup repair mode after having installed...
  6. Can I reinstall Windows 10 and still have my licence activated?

Can I reinstall Windows 10 and still have my licence activated?: Hello. I ask this question to make sure. Currently I have a 32 bit version of Windows 10 but I found out my processor can support 64 bit. If I was to reinstall Windows 10 with the 64 bit version, I will still have my license activated right?...
  7. I have activated Windows 10 Home, but my pc still asks for the update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have activated Windows 10 Home, but my pc still asks for the update: I have activated Windows 10 Home with digital license, but for some reason I am still constantly asked to update to Windows 10 version 1903. Why I am getting this message?...
  8. MY WINDOWS IS ASKING IS SUDDENLY ASKING FOR ACTIVATION.

MY WINDOWS IS ASKING IS SUDDENLY ASKING FOR ACTIVATION.: WHTA IS THE THE PRODUCT KEY OF PRODUCT ID 00331-10000-00001-AA475 THE PRODUCT ID ENDS WITH T83GX. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-is-asking-is-suddenly-asking-for/0577d752-cfc1-4b64-aa0c-66c39f6e0f71"
  9. Windows 10 asking for activate my genuine copy.

Windows 10 asking for activate my genuine copy.: Some time ago I made the activation of my Windows 10 through the "Genuine ticket" method, as described on this page: https://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/30/how-to-clean-install-windows-10-directly-without-upgrade/ Now after a recent update my system started asking for activation...
  10. i just updated my mobo and it is asking me to activate windows again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i just updated my mobo and it is asking me to activate windows again: This is a pain in the ass, after updating windows and the motherboard it says have to activate windows again.... is there anyway i can fix this? because there is no way im spending £100 on a new version when i should still have a working version! I have looked this up (im not...