Windows 10: I have just updated my Windows 10 to 1903, and now my desktop icons have black squares in...

Discus and support I have just updated my Windows 10 to 1903, and now my desktop icons have black squares in... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just updated my Windows 10 to 1903, and now my desktop icons have black squares in front of them, can you help me sort this problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AllanM8451, May 30, 2019.

1. I have just updated my Windows 10 to 1903, and now my desktop icons have black squares in...

I have just updated my Windows 10 to 1903, and now my desktop icons have black squares in front of them, can you help me sort this problem?

:)

AllanM8451, May 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 desktop Icons are blotted with small black square

Original title: My desktop Icons are blotted out with a small black square in them in Windows 10

My desktop Icons are blotted out with a small black square in them in Windows 10

MarianneCusick, May 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Desktop Icons Displayed as Black Squares & Windows Explorer Icons Not Working Properly

No update from me, but I too have the black squares on my desktop icons. I don't have them in Explorer, nor do I have the missing file tree. I thought I had fixed them by a) increasing the size of the icon cache, and b) rebuilding the icon cache. That lasted
    through two reboots, but now the black squares are back, and the rebuilding no longer works. All desktop icons except for the recycle bin (which is a custom icon) show the black square.

I too ugraded from Windows 8; I have a Yoga 3 Pro with a Core i5, with Intel HD 5300 graphics adapter. Drivers are up to date.

This is very annoying.

Ivan Van Laningham, May 30, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

I have just updated my Windows 10 to 1903, and now my desktop icons have black squares in...

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, May 30, 2019
Thema:

I have just updated my Windows 10 to 1903, and now my desktop icons have black squares in...

1. I have just updated my Windows 10 to 1903, and now my desktop icons have black squares in... - Similar Threads - updated 1903 desktop

2. Black screen and/or black square desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and/or black square desktop icons: Computer crashed. New computer with two monitors Windows 11 Pro began exhibiting black screen and tech was unable to resolve issue. They sent a replacement, which is also being replaced for another reason, however just two weeks in, both black screen and black squares around...
  3. Black screen and/or black square desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen and/or black square desktop icons: Computer crashed. New computer with two monitors Windows 11 Pro began exhibiting black screen and tech was unable to resolve issue. They sent a replacement, which is also being replaced for another reason, however just two weeks in, both black screen and black squares around...
  4. PDF icons on desktop are black squares

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF icons on desktop are black squares: Adobe Acrobat PDF icons have turned black on the desktop.I have tried numerous fixes - none seem to holdOne was to go to Control Panel - Admin Tools - and run Cleanupgo back to desktop and right click Refreshthis works to get rid of the black icons, but then they come right...
  5. My desktop icons have become black squares, every single Icon, besides my Recycle Bin.

My desktop icons have become black squares, every single Icon, besides my Recycle Bin.: I've tried rebuilding the Icon Cache, and changing Icons, but nothing seems to work. When I open my folders, the Icons are there, but not on the desktop, even when I refresh my desktop....
  6. Desktop icons are black squares

Desktop icons are black squares: For a couple weeks now, I have been stuck with these annoying icon thumbnails, and I have run out of ideas to fix the problem. Essentially, when I turn on my computer, all icons on my desktop and only my desktop that are not native to windows appear as these black squares. In...
  7. I have just reset my PC and updated to Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have just reset my PC and updated to Windows 10 1903: Hi everyone I recently carried out a full reset on my PC deleting all the files on it and basically starting it from scratch in the hope that it will make my laptop run better. Before wiping, I noted what programs/drivers I had installed and they varied from Intel...
  8. With 1903 update, Taskbar Date/Time & other Icons now have black font!

in Windows 10 Support
    With 1903 update, Taskbar Date/Time & other Icons now have black font!: I just installed the 1903 update and now Taskbar Date/Time, Show Hidden, Network Status and Notifications Icons have black font which makes it hard to read. The same also holds true (the black font) for the open windows that are shown on the the Taskbar. How do I get the...
  9. Icons have black square on them as I mouse over

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons have black square on them as I mouse over: I have an odd problem. Desktop can look 100% fine, then as I move the mouse cursor over the icons, as I move the mouse over each one, they have a black square around them. It seems completely random when it does it. Today it did it while installing a piece of software, then...
  10. Windows 10 desktop icons suddenly have black squares over them

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 desktop icons suddenly have black squares over them: I just bought a new PC on Thursday and it came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. Having used versions 2.0 (yes I am ancient *Wink), carefully avoiding Vista, ME and 8.x, and on via XP to 7, I felt it couldn't get much better now and had decided I would resist upgrading as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 desktop icons

2. show desktop icons windows 10 1903

3. 1903 desktop icons

4. windows 10 update 1903 no icons,
  5. black squares on desktop icons,
  6. win 10 1903 desktop icon,
  7. after windows 10 1903 update no icons on desktop,
  8. win 1903 desktop icons how to make them smaler,
  9. windows 1903 desktop icons,
  10. windows 10 desktop icons disappeared 2019 1903 update,
  11. black boxes and time at top i 1903,