Windows 10: I have "leave touchpad on when mouse is connected" off but when I disconnect the mouse the...

Discus and support I have "leave touchpad on when mouse is connected" off but when I disconnect the mouse the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically that's the issue, the touchpad does not activate upon disconnecting the mouse. If i activate leave touchpad on with no mouse it activates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DerpyPlayz18, Jan 18, 2021.

1. I have "leave touchpad on when mouse is connected" off but when I disconnect the mouse the...

Basically that's the issue, the touchpad does not activate upon disconnecting the mouse. If i activate leave touchpad on with no mouse it activates again as if a mouse is connected.

submitted by /u/DerpyPlayz18
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DerpyPlayz18, Jan 18, 2021
  2. RolandJS Win User

How to Disable the Touchpad when Mouse is Connected

I was going to suggest leaving the touchpad on, because over here in my apartment, my two laptops will sporadically kick the mouse off of the usb bus, and I am stuck using the touchpad to navigate a fix or to restart. However, you have 26 computers in a classroom, so my suggestion probably is not going to work for your situation.

RolandJS, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Yingfen_0 Win User
    The touchpad does not work even after removing the mouse if disable"leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected"

Hi, I want to disable touchpad when mouse is connected, and enable it after removing the mouse. My setting is as the screenshot.

Laptop: Lenovo Y740

Mouse(wireless): Logitech M185

I have "leave touchpad on when mouse is connected" off but when I disconnect the mouse the... 914c049f-9c75-4a16-8abe-28c7af996354?upload=true.png

However, after removing the mouse receiver, the touchpad still does not work.

If enable "leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected", the touchpad works. It seems the laptop does not realize the receiver is removed. What's the reason for it? Thanks

Yingfen_0, Jan 18, 2021
  4. I have "leave touchpad on when mouse is connected" off but when I disconnect the mouse the...

I cannot inactivate my touchpad after installing Windows 10 and also cannot download Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse software?

Hello slapshotses

My name is Patricia and I am an Independent Advisor. I am here to help you today.

How to disable touchpad when mouse is connected using Settings

Open Settings.

Click on Devices.

Click on Touchpad.

Under "Touchpad," clear the Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected option.

Once you completed the steps, the touchpad will remain disabled unless you disconnect your mouse.

Patricia.Guenot, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

I have "leave touchpad on when mouse is connected" off but when I disconnect the mouse the...

1. I have "leave touchpad on when mouse is connected" off but when I disconnect the mouse the... - Similar Threads - leave touchpad mouse

2. Disable Touchpad When Mouse is Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Touchpad When Mouse is Connected: Please, bring back this option or else tell me how I can do this.I bought a laptop so that I could be portable. But since taking away the checkbox for disabling the touchpad, I've had to connect a keyboard, because the palms of my hands inadvertently always touch the touchpad...
  3. Disable Touchpad When Mouse is Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Touchpad When Mouse is Connected: Please, bring back this option or else tell me how I can do this.I bought a laptop so that I could be portable. But since taking away the checkbox for disabling the touchpad, I've had to connect a keyboard, because the palms of my hands inadvertently always touch the touchpad...
  4. Windows 11 - Touchpad not working when mouse is disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Touchpad not working when mouse is disconnected: I configured the touchpad to be disabled when mouse is connected touchpad is still enabled.However, when I disconnect my Logitech wireless mouse either turn off mouse or unplug usb receiver, the touchpad does not enable. I have to disable that option in order to use...
  5. Windows 11 - Touchpad not working when mouse is disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Touchpad not working when mouse is disconnected: I configured the touchpad to be disabled when mouse is connected touchpad is still enabled.However, when I disconnect my Logitech wireless mouse either turn off mouse or unplug usb receiver, the touchpad does not enable. I have to disable that option in order to use...
  6. If I turn off "leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" the touchpad turns off as if...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    If I turn off "leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" the touchpad turns off as if...: I have also tried to uninstall the devices trough device manager but upon restart it stops working again. Any form of help is needed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-turn-off-leave-touchpad-on-when-a-mouse-is/36719dee-c57e-4bfe-8943-a15b054d873d
  7. Turning touchpad off when mouse is connected: Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning touchpad off when mouse is connected: Error: Since I play games on laptop it's annoying when I accidentally touch the touchpad accidentally when im using my mouse, so I decided to turn this option off, but when I turn it off, if i disconnect the mouse, the touchpad doesn't work. To some people this might seem as if the...
  8. Touchpad not disabled when mouse is connected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad not disabled when mouse is connected: All the sudden, the touchpad of my HP Spectre laptop is not being disabled when I connect a mouse to it. And I can't find the disabling button in Setting anymore. How can I fix it?...
  9. turning off touchpad mouse when using external mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turning off touchpad mouse when using external mouse: Since the last update yesterday, I can no longer find where or how to turn off the touchpad mouse. Previous to the update, I had the internal mouse turned off when an external device is present. Now I cannot turn the touchpad mouse off. I've tried FN-F7, I've looked under...
  10. How do I turn off the touchpad when usb mouse connected?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I turn off the touchpad when usb mouse connected?: How to turn off touchpad when usb mouse connected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-touchpad-when-usb-mouse/8a96e3b4-d9d5-4516-882b-bfab92bd23bc