Windows 10: I have literally tried everything and my Microphone still refuses to recognize my voice

Discus and support I have literally tried everything and my Microphone still refuses to recognize my voice in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchased this computer YESTERDAY None of my headsets work. I have ports in the front and back and I promise you have I thoroughly tested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdlaynaD, Jan 31, 2021.

1. EdlaynaD Win User

I have literally tried everything and my Microphone still refuses to recognize my voice

I recently purchased this computer YESTERDAY

None of my headsets work. I have ports in the front and back and I promise you have I thoroughly tested both sides for errors.

I have checked my privacy settings

I have checked my microphone detection settings via sound and input settings - device is detected voice still is not

I have run several diagnostic tests via the computer, troubleshooting and an online website designed for testing

I purchased a brand new headset to rule out mechanical issues - device detected but my voice is not

I have checked every website and app I am using to ensure that the right device is being selected, they detect my microphone just not my voice

I have tried both USB and regular audio and sound ports, I even watched a lovely set of YouTube videos to explain to me the difference.

I have disabled and re-enabled drivers

I have deleted all of my audio/microphone drivers and then reinstalled

Can someone please explain to me a way I can force my computer to finally allow my voice to come through my microphone? Because here is a real sick part about all of this ridiculousness - my microphone will pick up the sound coming from my are part of the headset. It just refuses to pick up my voice. I have gone hoarse whispering, talking, shouting and screaming. This is problem in Windows and I need someone to fix it so I can get work done.

oh and BTW I have read the previous questions/answers - I need help. I have spent days and hundreds of dollars on solving this issue.

:)

EdlaynaD, Jan 31, 2021

2. Cortana responds to "Hey Cortana" but then refuses to recognize the microphone for anything else.

The problem is NOT the microphone: As I explained, every other app on the computer - including MS Voice Recorder - recognizes the microphone. Volume Mixer and Recording Devices both report the microphone as the default device. The problem lies with Cortana.

kerbekerbe, Jan 31, 2021
  3. microphone has two channels: the right with my voice and the left purely with white noise, recognized by skype and some other apps

Microphone has two channels: the right with my voice and the left with purely white noise, recognized by Skype and some other apps, Discord, on the contrary, recognizes only left with my voice, in Reaper I can select them both. This happen to me after an update.

How to remove mono left with noise of microphone, so apps can see only mono right?

flatlizard, Jan 31, 2021
  4. I have literally tried everything and my Microphone still refuses to recognize my voice

Cortana isnt recognizing my wireless headset microphone

Hi,

Is the Microphone recognized when you use other applications?

From what you have described, I suspect that the issue is caused due to some incorrect settings or due to a driver compatibility issue. I would suggest you to first check if the Microphone is recognized and if you are able to hear you voice properly by using
    the 'Set up a Microphone Wizard'. Go to Control panel, click on 'Speech recognition' and then use the 'Set up a Microphone' wizard.

If the issue still persist, then it could be driver compatibility issue. Some times generic drivers installed by Windows might not be compatible with the certain audio adapters. To check if this is the case, I would recommend you to download the latest drivers
    from the PC manufacturer's website and install them. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

I have literally tried everything and my Microphone still refuses to recognize my voice

1. I have literally tried everything and my Microphone still refuses to recognize my voice - Similar Threads - literally tried everything

2. A microphone not recording my voice

in Windows 10 Customization
    A microphone not recording my voice: I have it enabled in privacy settings, i tried deleting it but nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-microphone-not-recording-my-voice/e8535f6f-9028-45eb-908c-6518df3f8aa3
  3. Microphone barley registering I have tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone barley registering I have tried everything: So the issue is I have a gaming headset and I can hear fine but the microphone doesn't work. When I go to test the microphone it only registers if I yell or blow into the mic but talking normal I get nothing. I have tried all the standard troubleshooting steps such as maxing...
  4. Everything is bigger! Literally Everything!

Everything is bigger! Literally Everything!: The text, and the icons are bigger. On every program I use. How do I fix this? How do I make it default size again? submitted by /u/ShirubaMasuta [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0vj76/everything_is_bigger_literally_everything/
  5. My windows has the 0x80240034 error. I have literally tried everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows has the 0x80240034 error. I have literally tried everything: My PC finds a new windows update, reboots, then doesn't do the update. I've seen in my logs the 0x80240034 failed to update or something like that. I've tried the renaming the catroot2 folder, using sfc/scannow, i have no antivirus and the windows update repair tool. Please...
  6. My Acer one 10 keeps flickering. I have literally tried everything. Please help.

My Acer one 10 keeps flickering. I have literally tried everything. Please help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sarabasha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ji0jyr/my_acer_one_10_keeps_flickering_i_have_literally/
  7. Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING: Hey guys, so I was using my laptop this afternoon and went out for a walk. When I came back, my audio wasn't working at all. At first the toolbar audio icon said there is no audio devices, so I did some tweaking and looking at videos and fixed that. However, there is still no...
  8. Have tried literally everything, PC still wakes up from sleep instantly

Have tried literally everything, PC still wakes up from sleep instantly: HP Spectre x360 13' Kaby Lake i7, running Windows 10 1909. Absolutely no matter what I do, it always wakes from sleep mode. The amount of fixes and threads I've read in order to get it not to wake from sleep on it's own is insane. Open to suggestions in general (even if it's...
  9. 100% Disk Usage -i literally tried everything-

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% Disk Usage -i literally tried everything-: Hi! So, as i said in the title since yesterday my computer is running so slow and i barely can listen to some music or surfing on the internet, especially playing games, i mean i couldn't even listen to some music. Whatever i tried everything Disable DiagTrack Disable...
  10. I have Tried everything but still not able to hibernate my pc.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I have Tried everything but still not able to hibernate my pc.: I am using Windows 10 Education. I have tried all possible options as given in following links Hibernate Computer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums When I try to hibernate using shutdown/h command my pc goes to sleep mode instead of hibernating.Is There any solution. 70321